the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Well, blah. I have no idea if this is going to stop Togepi, and it may be overkill, but

"Mawile, use Fake Tears!"

This should prevent offensive pokemon actions.

(Awwww, you got Mawile? I love Mawile.)
  • Wait!Again, this is not a power, just a highlight to get your attention.

We should NOT lynch Ushaara, or anyone else, yet. If you read the Day message, the Champion has a message for us at noon (presumably on July 25/26). Thus, we should not lynch and end the day before then. Please, can we put Ushaara down to 4 votes, max, since someone may have an Executioner ability?
  • Oh come on. Just gonna leave me to fall over on the ground again?

Well, blah. I have no idea if this is going to stop Togepi, and it may be overkill, but

aw, man, almost made the cut off
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    If we had an executioner they would have used it on the Rolsand vs Kilee fiasco, I bet you.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Oh sure, yeah, no problem. Unvote. 

• Phoebus said:

(Awwww, you got Mawile? I love Mawile.)
    I know nothing about pokemon but she seems pretty wonderful, and the design seems pretty cool.

Are we sure we want the announcement/event to take place? With three people under strong suspicion, they could potentially get boosts that would increase their risks against town.

For the time being I'll hold off on switching my vote from Salome to Ushaara
  • Also, I think the only person who hasn't checked in yet is @CyndarinAscends
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Wait a tic...For some reason Bae didn't evolve when Cyndarin traded him to me...Wonder if that's indicative of something...
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    It seems Togepi is finally warming up to Lehki's suggestion and her short, stubby arms begin to glow as she waves them back and forth in perfect timing. Just as the glow reaches an apex, though, Allyrianne yells, "Mawile, go! Use Fake Tears!" A flash of light precedes the Pokemon's appearance, and only a second later she's bawling well enough to put any child to shame. Togepi, along with several of the people in the crowd, immediately stops what she was doing and rushes over to comfort the Pokemon, wrapping her stub arms around Mawile's arm in a comforting hug.

Due to Mawile's sobs, Togepi's Metrenome was cancelled, and no more direct offencive actions may be taken for the day.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Huh. Does that mean that no pokemon at all (or even pokemon and trainers) can use offensive actions this day?
  • I investigated Ushaara because I needed a fire type (apparently mine don't count).

• Ssaliss said:
    Huh. Does that mean that no pokemon at all (or even pokemon and trainers) can use offensive actions this day?
    That's pretty much it, yes.
  • We can still lynch.
    I have a question for @Allyrianne. Were the sobs that @Salome heard the night before last your Pokemon's?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Sylandra said:
    I have a question for @Allyrianne. Were the sobs that @Salome heard the night before last your Pokemon's?
    No. this is the first time I have used the power. 
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Event prz
  • Yeah to be honest I'm down with lynching Ushaara, and have been for a while-- the absolute nonsense last day just brought other concerns to the fore for a while! But we should definitely see what is the deal with Alec's plans before we start up and murdering people. Guy doesn't deserve to be upstaged like that.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • (I think we're at the conceptual midday, even if it isn't the ACTUAL midday)
    The sun beats down on the scrubland as you all turn towards Champion Alec, though several of you continue milling about Ushaara in an impatient attempt to discover where his true loyalties lie. It seems ages that a staring contest is held between you and him, though he never seems to need to blink despite the sun rising well into the sky. 

Kaimanahi gently poses, "Alec?" and reaches out towards him, at which point his rapier flashes through the air and nearly takes off one of her fingers. She yanks back and her gasp of shock is echoed through the crowd. Could the Champion have his own suspicions of those who are attempting to spoil his expedition? Is he finally about to take matters into his own hands. 

You all step back as he begins advancing with his sword still pointed directly ahead of him, no one willing to be near the deadly blade, and an eery grin plastered on his face that never seems to vanish. He turns to each of you in turn, and when Cen visibly flinches at the advance, he begins pressing forward even faster, forcing Cen against the side of the train. 

When the blade is nearing flesh, however, a trilling cry echoes from the sky, and a Shaymin in its sky forme soars down, paws hardened in glowing light as it yanks the blade away from Alec and flips around, flying back towards the front of the train. As Alec snarls at the retreating Pokemon, your confusion is only worsened when another Alec appears seemingly from nowhere, tackling the first one to the ground. 

They roll over each other into the middle of the throng, and when one kicks the first off of him, you are shocked when a glow spreads over his body and a Zoruark springs up onto its feet. It grins evilly and begins transforming into each of you in turn, only stopping to continue wrestling with Alec. 

Several of you surge forward to help as Alec topples to the ground with Sylandra, but when you pull him off of himself again, it is clear that it is impossible to differentiate between the two. Every cut on their face is identical, and every tear in their clothing. Shaymin, who has finally circled back around, drops to the ground without the blade and stares between the two with confusion evident in his eyes as seeds from nearby scrub begin to glow and separate from their plants, floating around him in a ring.

"Shay, it's me!" both of the Alecs say simultaneously, glaring at each other immediately after the words leave their mouths. Every time one speaks, the other does at the same time, making it impossible to see who is mimicing who. "Come on, you know me."

"Sylandra? Cen? Lehki?" The Alecs bear the same expression of longing as they turn to each of you and call your name, seeking validation. "Zoruark's been on the train since the first night, when whoever did that earthquake unnested it from its hibernation, it's done all sorts of crazy things and who knows if it's thrown any of us under the bus. Screams we can't account for, crying, and maybe even posing as Lunala to seduce Vivet into carrying out its work for it! I spent all of the night before last, last night, and some of today searching for it." The voices harmonise together as they speak, and distrust spreads among you and your fellow trainers. Instinctively, Salome turns to Sylandra.

"Aren't you psychic? Can't you tell which one is real?"

Sylandra shakes her head downtroddenly, though, explaining, "Zoruark's aura of darkness covers both of them. I can't get a read on either."

Two Alecs? That can't be right! The Mafia Lynch is temporarily on hold until you can discover which of them is the real Champion, and which is an imposter hell-bent on throwing the journey into chaos. Shaymin will blast one of them when a majority vote is reached. You may ask each Alec one question (in a quotable PM), and they will answer with yes or no. 

Be warned, who knows what Zoruark will do if Alec isn't there to stop it. 

Simply "Vote 1" or "Vote 2" to place your bet down.

edited July 2016
    (Send your questions about the game or the Pokemon Universe to me in a PM that you can quote [to make sure I can answer all of them and no one gets ignored], and try and uncover the imposter. The lynch train resumes after one of the Alecs gets domed with Shaymin's Seed Blast.

Example:
    Question 1 - Alec, blah blah blah Pokemon?
    Question 2- Alec, blah blah blah Pokemon? )

• ... Wow. I have to admit, I did not see that one coming. Hrm...

I suppose we could always just kill them both to make sure?
  • Uuuuuhhhh, okay.

We should probably take our time before anybody rushes to send in their questions. If Zoroark's been on the train since night 1, maybe we can ask about something that was said or done before the train left?
  • Yeah; I'm thinking rather hard about the questions. Also, should we announce our questions before we ask them, to make sure that there's not twenty of us asking the same questions? Also, some peer review might also be a good idea to make sure the questions are logically sound.
    Wait what has just happened.

Did I just fusionha with Alec? What is happening.
    Daraius said:
    OH NVM I READ THAT TOO QUICKLY.

Okay well then. Guess we figure out questions?
    Daraius said:
  • Lehki said:
    Uuuuuhhhh, okay.

We should probably take our time before anybody rushes to send in their questions. If Zoroark's been on the train since night 1, maybe we can ask about something that was said or done before the train left?
    "If I were to ask the other Alec whether he were the real Champion, what would he say," maybe? Sadly I don't think we can count on this following the Lady and the Tiger rules.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • Nope, fairly sure you didn't (unless you've been doing stuff at night that you haven't told anyone about, you naughty girl). It's Zoruark masquerading as Alec, and since they're very close to eachother physically both of them are enveloped by his (?) aura, meaning you can't determine who's who.

Which, of course, would mean that if anyone would happen to think of a way to separate the two...
  • Ileein said:
    Lehki said:
    Uuuuuhhhh, okay.

"If I were to ask the other Alec whether he were the real Champion, what would he say," maybe? Sadly I don't think we can count on this following the Lady and the Tiger rules.
    Problem is, both of them would just say "yes". It's not a case of "one lies all the time, the other tells the truth all the time".
    The old Solomon's baby gimmick. We cut Shaymin in half and give each Alec half the Shaymin, bam. THE REAL ALEC PROTESTS, tada solved.
    Daraius said:
  • Okay actually, why is this Zoroark doing this? Zoroark can be extremely dangerous with the their illusions, but just impersonating and attacking people for no reason isn't like one. Generally they're just looking to protect themselves, their territory or their pack.

Like I've said, there's no inherently evil pokemon.