the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• Othero said:
    Kack, can you ask each Alec a question about Pokemon in other regions? Like, which Pokemon discovered in the Alola region is his favorite. I think the fake Alec, being a Pokemon, is going to be ignorant of things outside of the immediate area.

I thought that too, but the Pokemon at least knows what badges come from which regions, which is trainer-specific information. -_- The one I suspect is the fake knew the gym leader's actual name that I asked about.
  • Krackenor said:
    I'm here. Have been busy, have not asked a question. Direct and ye shall receive (my compliance)

Ask them what they did yesterday.
  • How would that question prove anything? We don't really know which of the Alecs did what since night one...
  • Ssaliss said:
    How would that question prove anything? We don't really know which of the Alecs did what since night one...

I wouldn't want to explain the logic before the question is asked, because I don't know if "Zoroark" gets to read this. >_> And I don't exactly have a private line to explain the reasoning.

If someone's got a better question, go with that. I think it's pretty decided who the fake is, though.
  • So; my question was about what they thought of another person. I'm honestly not sure what to make of it; I was hoping that Z wouldn't know that much about them (since Z joined us very recently), but yeah. Anyway, the answer Alec 1 gave was centered about his relationship with other people ("He's a great leader"), and Alec 2 gave a Pokemon-centric answer ("He's kind to his and others Pokemon").

Reading through the opening post and everything, I'm leaning more in the direction of Alec 2 being the real Alec, which agrees with most (okay, so far, all) of you. I'll wait for a couple more hours to go things through in my head before putting my vote down though.
  • I think it could be useful to see what each Alec "thinks" the fake one has been up to the past few days, if anyone wants to ask a question along those lines, in case the Zoroark has been causing some shenanigans previously.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I think it could be useful to see what each Alec "thinks" the fake one has been up to the past few days, if anyone wants to ask a question along those lines, in case the Zoroark has been causing some shenanigans previously.

I will ask this question and report back when I get answers.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Alec1 could not answer a simple trick question, but Alec2 answered in a very non-Alec manner
  • Thul said:
    Krackenor said:
    I'm here. Have been busy, have not asked a question. Direct and ye shall receive (my compliance)

Ask them what they did yesterday.
    Sure, I'll ask this.
  • Here's what I got:

1 - He's got the right of it. People have been trying to kill each other in their sleep, and you're there constantly trying to help, or at least you're trying to. You're here for the same reason I'm here; to help.

2 - Humans are dangerous. I mean, look at the mess we're in now because someone couldn't figure out that causing the earth to move over an undetermined area while we were moving at 400 kilometres per hour was a BAD idea. You're here because as REDACTED you're the most qualified to keep us all in check both on the trip and when we get there.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • (the question was why I was invited, for the record)

I'm more or less in line with the gut feeling of the group that 1 is the suspicious one.
  • Krackenor said:
    Alec1 could not answer a simple trick question, but Alec2 answered in a very non-Alec manner
    Could you expand on that some?
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    What even is an Alec manner tho. Our expectations on that keep swerving.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Lehki said:
    Krackenor said:
    Alec1 could not answer a simple trick question, but Alec2 answered in a very non-Alec manner
    Could you expand on that some?

For you? Nope. For the others, I'll c/p it when I am at an actual computer
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Tremula said:
    (you're supposed to like him, and isn't everyone in the Pokemon universe? *cue training montage of him meditating under a waterfall*)
    Like him? So far all he's done for us is get us stuck on a murdertrain, with people who have bombs and stuff! I mean, even if background checks don't exist in the Pokemon world, I'm pretty sure basic security does. He admitted the trip might be dangerous, and then took no steps whatsoever to prevent an incident. Just "not my fault if terrorists join our expedition kthx have fun." All these people who came on his trip because we believed in what it was trying to do are dying because for some reason he's killproof and we mere peons aren't.

And instead of focusing on the victims when they die, it immediately becomes all about how sad it makes him. Everything comes back to some kind of drama where he's the center of attention, even though he's done absolutely nothing to try to fix anything that's going wrong, leaving us forced to dole out vigilante justice. And we can't even do that right now, because we have to sort out another one of his problems. This guy sucks!

And worst of all, he thinks Sky Forme Shaymin is better than Land Forme. [-(
    Friendly reminder to those of you who haven't voted: every day longer we spend on this Alec drama is a day we lose for building a lynch. We have until the 29th. Get crackin.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Also, ok, so Shaymin raised him in the forest and has known him for his entire life, but he still can't tell the Alecs apart? And their solution to this is for us to ask a guy we barely know one question each, with no input from said lifelong companion? Has Shaymin caught contact uselessness from this guy? 

Or maybe he's deliberately playing this situation so there's a chance we will pick wrong, so he can claim it wasn't his fault if he finally gets to take out the bumbling dope he's been stuck with for so long.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I'm as convinced as I'm going to be. There's a lot of room for interpretation here and the risk of lying, so there's a pretty big element of chance here either way.

VOTE ALEC ONE
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Portius said:
    I'm as convinced as I'm going to be. There's a lot of room for interpretation here and the risk of lying, so there's a pretty big element of chance here either way.

VOTE ALEC ONE
    What was your answer?
  • Portius said:

VOTE ALEC ONE
    Yeah, I remain open to deciding that I've been horribly deceived through new evidence,  but until then....

VOTE ALEC 1
    Look at it this way: we have a 50/50 shot regardless of evidence we have brought into play.
    Daraius said:
    Ileein said:
    Portius said:

VOTE ALEC ONE
    Yeah, I remain open to deciding that I've been horribly deceived through new evidence,  but until then....
    Who cares? Honestly, that's how I feel right now. Who cares. We're being given answers that are deliberately unclear, likely in an attempt to confuse us and make us doubt, but it isn't doing anything other than making me impatient to get back to the actual game. If I'm told I can ask questions to logic something out, I expect it to be possible to arrive at a certain answer. Instead, we're wasting time with a back and forth game that accomplishes nothing. We might as well have flipped a coin.
    Welp, tried to remove the vote from Ileein's part of my quote and it combined his post with my reply instead, oops.
  • Yeah, that's fair. Vote Alec1
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Vote Alec 1

We are voting someone off, right? Voting Alec 1 is voting that he is the fake one?
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    Yeah we vote an Alec off the island.
    Daraius said:
  • Is that 11?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I've got 12
  • Well, more than enough. So...

My logic with the "What did you do yesterday?" question is thus:

Alec didn't have his sword with him yesterday. That's kind of suspicious, but excusable.

Alec didn't have his Shaymin with him yesterday, with reason to fear for his life and after some rather severe mental trauma. There's like, almost no reason for that. Think like, Ash without Pikachu in that situation.

Ergo, Day 2 Alec was an imposter from the beginning. If one of the Alecs responded with "What're you talking about, I was here with all of you while you blew yourselves up," we would murder that one.