Aethersuits!

124»

Comments

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Did...did Rolsand just hold a grudge? And snark...somewhat appropriately..?
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Bump for those numbers.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Synkarin said:

Why are we paying an extra 25db to get the master bonus? Why can't it just be 'if you have the skill, here you go,' like robes and armour currently are?

Yay capitalism!
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Luce said:

Did...did Rolsand just hold a grudge? And snark...somewhat appropriately..?

* * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    lol, touche @Rolsand

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin said:

lol, touche @Rolsand

I'm afraid to post now.
  • @Estarra @Iosai

I request a 'sprint' module. Fits and is an artifact I've wanted for some time. Sure we can use surfboards, but I prefer 'sprint' over 'surf'. Cost should be abt 100dings.
  • Shaddus said:

Synkarin said:

Why are we paying an extra 25db to get the master bonus? Why can't it just be 'if you have the skill, here you go,' like robes and armour currently are?

Yay capitalism!
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • I'd be curious about what powers would be replicated and whether/how the aethersuits would be better than buying the gears, though (if the monk stuff is fixed) having something that's always the best armour you could be wearing is pretty appealing.

Personally, I kinda like upgradeables, it's a cool idea and something that could be expanded on later.

My only issues really are the reiterated pricing and stylistic choices. The design contest seems like it could be cool, I'd just be interested in what the criteria would be and if there would be some preferencing so that we end up with at least one org inspired choice for each org?
  • If gears get added, wouldn't that make MasterArmour strictly better? There's no reason to spend 25 dingbats on an upgrade that's only activbe with forging when you can have the same stuff and just have the benefits at all times.
  • @Renthur, I thought MasterArmour worked like splendours, in that the increases it provides are only active when you have the skill active and so the module just mimics what should already happen. Others will probably correct me, but it seems like aethersuits are better if you classflex (well, between classes with different armour) because it won't matter what class skills you have, you'll have the best armour and you don't need to fuss with changing/duplicating artifact runes nor acquiring/maintaining different sets of armour.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited August 2016
    I'm retesting, and will post a longpost tomorrow morning with numbers and my take on them. The (predictable?) short of it is: I believe shouldercannons need a pretty dramatic nerf or conversion to PvE and that all of the similar effects (Dracnari and Viscanti demigodpowers) need additional restrictions. It hasn't appeared to be a problem before because of how low the Dracnari and Viscanti proc chances are, but the shouldercannons revealed some underlying mechanics that weren't obvious before.

EDIT: The numbers on the shouldercannons have been greatly toned down, it looks like. It's less crazy insane now, but there still need to be some tweaks to burps in general.
  • edited August 2016
    @Saran, you don't need to have forging for full benefit master armour, just knighthood. You're perfectly free to leave forging dormant at all times or just get lessons back from it if you so choose. It's really nice that way, and, like the aethersuits, it's non-decay. So aethersuits for Warriors is paying 25 dingbats to have to have Forging on at all times for the full benefit.

Edit: Apparently I'm wrong and this got changed with the overhaul. My bad. Just tested it.
  • Renthur said:

@Saran, you don't need to have forging for full benefit master armour, just knighthood. You're perfectly free to leave forging dormant at all times or just get lessons back from it if you so choose. It's really nice that way, and, like the aethersuits, it's non-decay. So aethersuits for Warriors is paying 25 dingbats to have to have Forging on at all times for the full benefit.

Edit: Apparently I'm wrong and this got changed with the overhaul. My bad. Just tested it.

Yeah, if it wasn't I'd be a grumpy well all of my trades because the trans benefits aren't fully kept when flexed out due to old complaints, I don't think it's specified in the ABs though.
  • edited August 2016
    @Estarra These aethersuit designs are all so cool, I can't decide. (Kudos to the designer!)

Is there any chance you would consider making the aethersuit generic, with the ability to choose to project any of these designs? (You don the suit, and then 'push a button' to make it look like a gown, uniform, or exoskeleton - kind of a sci-fi skinsuit sort of thing.)

I understand that you're buying the ability to expand, but an entry price of 250 db for what is basically just non-decay greatrobes is a little steep. Adding a unique cosmetic perk to them would be great.

Edit: Wait... clarification: only 1 module per suit?
    Unedit: Nevermind, you can definitely have multiple module types on 1 suit.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Does anyone have the shouldergun line for the various suit designs? Is it even different depending on the suit you get or is it just a single line regardless of aethersuit?
    it looks like it's suppose to be similiar, but it's bugged at the moment.

I kept getting it saying 'the shouldergun on your left leg' was firing

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • I have had the shoulder gun on my yellow and the shoulder gun on my ethereal fire.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Talan said:
    @Estarra These aethersuit designs are all so cool, I can't decide. (Kudos to the designer!) Is there any chance you would consider making the aethersuit generic, with the ability to choose to project any of these designs? (You don the suit, and then 'push a button' to make it look like a gown, uniform, or exoskeleton - kind of a sci-fi skinsuit sort of thing.) I understand that you're buying the ability to expand, but an entry price of 250 db for what is basically just non-decay greatrobes is a little steep. Adding a unique cosmetic perk to them would be great. Edit: Wait... clarification: only 1 module per suit? Unedit: Nevermind, you can definitely have multiple module types on 1 suit.
    I have been kind of on the fence, and having this functionality would definitely convince me to buy one (otherwise I'm probably going to go for the bronze-gold gown).

• This kind of leaves Monks that go armorless out loop doesn't it?
  • I'd quite like a robes sort of option. 'cause robes.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
    Tambador said:
    This kind of leaves Monks that go armorless out loop doesn't it?

It does and it doesn't. 

Tattoos requires no other armor to be worn AND you get double benefit from those tattoos that you have. So inevitably tattoos will be better than robes/armour/aethersuits in general. The only advantage is that armour has more physical resist than tattoos, but I think the double effect from tattoos will outweigh the limited slots you get on armour. 

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • The problem being is that either these are armour and thus disable tattoo armour, or they're not armour and... override tattoo armour?  Override master tattoo armour?  Override only the armour defense value of master tattoo armour (leaving the damage absorption tattoo doubling in effect)?  I wouldn't mind some feedback on that.  Or I'll check it out next time I flex back to monk.

But if a monk wants the benefits of aethersuits, they're stuck with whatever effect these have on their armour setup.  It's not possible to wear them for combat benefit without having them choose your armour configuration for you, quite possibly in a detrimental way.  For most others, it acts in a logical manner.  For monks, it may or may not work the way you want it to.

I don't understand this

If you are wearing armour, you shouldn't get the double effect from tattoo armour on top of that. If you are, that's probably a bug and you should bug it. The deal with tattoo armour is you can't wear other armour. Now you should get the normal affect of tattoo's just like everyone else. 

If a monk wants the benefits of an aethersuit ( like the extra modules and stuff) they'll have to give up tattoo armour in the process. The combat advantages of aethersuit while nice, are not crazy good. The shoulder turrets have been toned down (I believe) and the 10% healing probably doesn't outweigh the double advantage of tattoos.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • It's a customisation option that's not as good as pure defensive tattoos. A monk tattoo user that goes for offensive (or utility) tattoos are effectively the same as everyone (only defensive tattoos get double benefit if you're a monk.

So you could ink yourself up fully, grab an aethersuit, and enjoy a more offensive orientated set up (at the cost of less defensive options).

Of course, aethersuits cost dingbats, so a newbie-ish monk is almost always better off just spending gold and comms to get full defensive tattoos.

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Estarra said:
    Okay, I hear you guys concerning aethersuits. I'm wondering--and I'm not sure if we can or will do this, but I just wanted the float the idea--what if Tink sold gears that acted like runes (i.e., invisible when you put them on armour) that mimicked some of the powers of the aethersuits?
    Any word on this? My plate is pretty runed out, so getting an aethersuit right now feels like a bit of a hassle.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    What I could use is more modules for a suit. The ones available now are pretty bland.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • If you are taking ideas for new modules...

Weather module level1 (100db) - reduces movement penalties from weather to 0%. (making you immune, basically giving you the Spurs of the Traveller(These don't require you to be mounted, right - they just work?).).

Weather module level2 (150db?) - provides warmth. (30 points, assuming 30 points is what needed to not freeze/sweat in weather.)

-

• Synkarin said:
    I don't understand this
    What I'm saying is that for a given monk, their defense option of choice may not agree with the defense option aethersuits shoves them into.

It would be like a Knight being given splendour robes armour value because they happen to be a Trans Tailor, despite plain old forged armour providing better defense.

I don't mean to suggest aethersuits allow a monk to have with-armour and without-armor benefits simultaneously.