Envoy Reports

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    She started it!
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I think it's a valid concern that an artifact, which costs credits, is being directly nullified by an ability. There are many artifacts which gives effects that are tempered or reduced by strategies you can deploy, but generally speaking, you don't see direct nullifications.

Of course, the balance artifact is really a small amount, and even if we make it an exception to ecto, it possibly won't make much of a difference - the artifact alone doesn't do much, it's when it stacks with all the other bonuses you can get, that its value shines.

But that said, it is irksome even if you know it's not much of a difference. Artifacts and credit purchases always have that entitlement psychology attached to it - it is both inevitable as well as perfectly reasonable. For some people, this is real cash they are investing, they expect it to do something

Ecto, and necromancers, are in a weird place right now. I don't think the new ecto adds all that much to a Nihilist kill strategy, and as a teamfight hinder, it's also underwhelming, since the hinder mainly comes from the incurable epilepsy effect. Removing (or reducing) balance bonuses doesn't actually translate to an explicit hinder that buys you significant time. Lack of synergy, lack of purpose, lack of efficiency in the new niche - those are problems with new ecto, and a direct nullifying of balance bonuses just invites additional ire from people who expect to get some form of mileage out of the credits they spend on their artifacts.

Not exactly a win-win situation. But resolving it will need some deeper thought and perhaps a closer look at the class in its entirety than just changing ecto again.

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    How is this any different to regen runes being nullified by regen blocking abilities?

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• edited January 2017
    Maybe to explain my point I don't think its overpowered or anything just I dislike the concept of something putting you at a fixed debuff status.

To compare it to the papaxi curse or almost any other debuff, it reduces health by a set number it doesn't bring it to zero. So you could have +6 or +4 and when a - debuff hits theres a difference, when a fixed debuff hits there isn't.

Having a debuff set to a set fixed rate somewhat devalues the point of getting buffs. I'd prefer to have it do a -4/-4 or -5 debuff than a set to 0 debuff even if for most practical purposes it works the same. But for example I could get an antlers buff to help counter it then.

• edited January 2017
    Karlach said:
    How is this any different to regen runes being nullified by regen blocking abilities?
    You can counter the counter though with a disjunction box. @Karlach so its got counter play.

EDIT: Eh its not a balance issue I know just really a little thing. 
  • Veyils said:
    You can counter the counter though with a disjunction box. @Karlach so its got counter play.

TIL
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • Ciaran said:
    Veyils said:

TIL

Everyone should read the help files :p its got some useful stuff in it :D
    edited January 2017
    Veyils said:
    Karlach said:

Can't counter shadows in the room suppressing mana regeneration though, though I didn't know about disjunction boxes, that's nice!

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• It's disjunction horn, but yeah.

• I think that's valid as well, regarding regeneration and regeneration nullification. There're probably other examples out there as well - which could have been not surfaced because of a lack of concern, or a lack of significance, or people having come to terms with it etc, or just simply the people who bought those artifacts and were unhappy not having a channel to express their dissatisfaction. I mean, it's a conversation worth having, if it comes up. 

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Veyils said:
    Karlach said:

Disjunction Horn blocks the -13/-13 given by dropping shadows in a room?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Complete nullification of regeneration in shadows has been discussed many times, perhaps not in depth in forums, but certainly discussed, bitched about, "them damn southerners!" *shakefist*. Nullification is not new or innovative and this new nullification is heavily dramatized.

In all likelihood you will spend maybe 5% - 10% of your combat time balance nullified, and quite frankly speaking a nullified warrior is still faster than pretty much any other Real class (i.e not monks).
  • Not happy with the proposed Bix changes. re: report 1577.

I think it has far greater impact on prime than is needed to address the problem.

I see no justification for adding a mechanic to delay bixes in non-enemy locations on prime. It may occasionally frustrate attackers, but that doesn't seem a sufficient enough reason.

This is a hammer and not a scalpel.

If the problem is there not being distort in some cases, then just add distort for those cases when needed e.g. during revolts, flares, and domoths.

• edited January 2017
    Bix report is a godsend.

(And 9/10 you won't notice it)
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    It took me seven years to get my cubix. I am finally revelling in the ability to leap about quickly where I want to go! Who cares about kick and run raiders, call them cowards, don't take away my speedy speed. >:|

• As long as you don't lose masochism your speedy-speed is safe.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Trackers will notice it all the time though. We lose masochism like again and again just sitting around, I take my my stole/costume to stop it being so spammy for people I'm rping with. 
  • I kinda feel the solutions proposed are trying to over-complicate the matter. Just make it a 6 second delay stopped by damage in enemy territory, revolted villages and astral nodes during flares. Boom like 99% of all the proposed problems solved without creating more issues about trying to fix and track all the silly masochism issues.
  • edited January 2017
    That doesn't really deal with domoths, faethorn, and a lot of other places where conflict happens where you shouldn't be able to escape for no reason.

EDIT: Make traps decay or drop similar to melds and it won't be a problem. 

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Personally, I feel like masochism is the simplest step forward. Regarding trackers and the strange interactions with masochism from people removing traps, perhaps an exception can be made, or traps could be upgraded to serve other niches than area control. I won't say to change it just so that the masochism change to bixes can be justified, but it's an opportunity to rework something to be a little more useful - but that's a digression, anyway.

Nerfing bixes for fast travel is definitely not the intention - how to nerf bixes for escape without touching fast travel is the challenge here. I would even go so far as to say to only rely on masochism. No more need for enemy territory etc etc. If you're PvPing, bixes can't let you escape. I personally don't see why enemy territory fights need to have a longer channel - the channel, if it is long enough to prevent quick escapes for PvP outside of enemy territory, will be long enough to prevent escapes inside of enemy territory. Enemy territory won't need it to be any longer. If it's not long enough to prevent escapes outside of enemy territory... then it's isn't, and it needs to be lengthened.

If it is only limited to masochism, then you could fast travel out of enemy territory, as long as you're not engaging in combat. And I think that's fair too. Just need to tackle the interactions with distant area control, and the masochism proccing when other people break your area control from afar.

• Veyils said:
    Trackers will notice it all the time though. We lose masochism like again and again just sitting around, I take my my stole/costume to stop it being so spammy for people I'm rping with. 
    I think that's an oversight with how traps work (and a few other things, like demesnes). Really traps are just wonky with how they interact with masochism and avenger. I've had a bug open on this for months. But for the majority of people, it should work as intended.
    Steingrim said:
    I see no justification for adding a mechanic to delay bixes in non-enemy locations on prime. It may occasionally frustrate attackers, but that doesn't seem a sufficient enough reason.
    The justification, at least my justification, is primarily two reasons: One, bixes were by far the strongest escape mechanic in the game, with few counters. Two, that combat outside of org territory and revolts, etc. should be realistically possible.
  • Just have traps and melds not drop masochism when someone messes with them.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    There is plenty of justification for my report and you, amongst others given that youre in my guild, had plenty of time and opportunity to voice concerns during both the draft and pending phase.

People, talk to your envoys.

Shedrin and co has already gone over some of that justification and while I understand that masochism isn't a perfect solution with regards to traps, I feel that the issue with tripping them is more of an oversight than an intended feature.
  • Shuyin said:
    There is plenty of justification for my report and you, amongst others given that youre in my guild, had plenty of time and opportunity to voice concerns during both the draft and pending phase.

People, talk to your envoys.

Shedrin and co has already gone over some of that justification and while I understand that masochism isn't a perfect solution with regards to traps, I feel that the issue with tripping them is more of an oversight than an intended feature.
    I sent you a message. If you didn't receive it I would have no way of knowing. I also, talked to other envoys.
  • Just had a bit of a thought. We're shifting away from the fortress style as much as possible is the general gist, pits have received a nerf, incoming nerf on bonds, shifting static into a new form etc.

I was thinking on a few other skills and fear aura keeps coming up as a very powerful group skill in a similar way to static in bouncing groups and splitting them up. Pretty handy for solo fights as well as a way to force people into pits or passively counter some instant kills. I was just wondering if the envoys would be interested in looking to shift this to a new form or something perhaps?
    Fear aura breaks up fortress meta as much as it maintains it. It's in the same vein (technical differences aside) as scissorflip.

• edited February 2017
    You could make the same argument about static though and were shifting away from it. Fear aura just seems like a mini static in terms of use and power level. Plus I'm not a big fan of how it counters some instant kills passively. Maybe make it an active ability like scissor kick then if you want to compare them
    Static wasn't throwing people out when it entered a room, unless they were targetted first. It was far more dangerous on defence than offence.

• Fear Aura is also completely ignored by commune totem users, people with the curio/mask/whatever item it is, and people who keep off balance, meaning the majority of combatants who are properly chasing balance.(using stratagems or however they chase balance)

As much as Fear Aura annoys me when it does hit me, the comparison of Fear Aura to Static is not accurate at all.
  • Danquik said:
    Fear Aura is also completely ignored by commune totem users, people with the curio/mask/whatever item it is, and people who keep off balance, meaning the majority of combatants who are properly chasing balance.(using stratagems or however they chase balance)

As much as Fear Aura annoys me when it does hit me, the comparison of Fear Aura to Static is not accurate at all.

Ehhhhhh I wouldn't go that far. It's definitely not static, but it's dismissable as just an annoyance. 
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us