Wildewood Special Report

Comments

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

Heh, you can time it. It's got a slightly random timer on it if I recall correctly but I did it (think I still have the trigger buried in my system somewhere), as did Sidd.

How "random" it is doesn't really matter when it works. You miss the point. When you can time effects like that to instagib someone (which is what you proposed, more or less) it becomes a kill method where player skill is entirely univolved. You're just repeating something you programmed your system to do until the RNG rolls in your favor and you win. Which is terrible design for interesting combat. It's kind of like Nihilist combat. It doesn't matter how skilled you are, if you repeat the same formula enough, sooner or later the RNG favors you and you win. In Nihilist's case, it's getting a scabies tic while crucified. Your propsal is getting the affs to proc at the same time. Is there a weakness venom? I can't recall, no one ever uses it.

We've already lived through the timed damage bombs with Fillin, let's not revisit it.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    It can have other things timed to it. It has a random start timer, but after a certain point it is always the same amount of time. However, the variance is at least 5 seconds. 

Regardless, we're looking at fixing the instagib part of glinshari no matter WHAT affs are on it. So cool your jets.

I'm trying to fix a RL problem involving bureaucracy possibly screwing up my chance at getting a new job for another month or so. After I'm done (to the best of my ability) making sure that's not going to stick, we'll deal with this report. Until then, stop it with the strawman arguments, and stop it everyone with setting up straw men for her to argue about. 

Uh, it was proposed by a Hartstone and former envoy (and supported by another envoy) so I guess responding to those suggestions, including exact numbers number proposed and specific scenarios, counts as a "straw man," guilty as charged!

Either that or you are implying Hiriako was making fake suggestions and Rivius was subsequently fake supporting them. Which would be awkward.

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited January 2013
    There is a weakness venom - mellitin.

As for the mechanics of the skillset - hey, guess what, I agree with you. I said this on the aquachemancy report too. The concept of burst damaging people to death is actually not very good since it can only be overwhelming or underwhelming. The only damage-based classes in the game work because they need to slowly work toward that (monks with wounds) or lock you down (guardians/wiccans with meteor and bards to a...lesser extent). As the skillset stands now though, Glinshari is its only kill method. There's no mindburst or heartburst to fall back on. Eternalsleep is kind of clunky with this even if it could work if the stars align right. 

So at the end of the day, for this to be a skillset everyone is happy with, we'll need to do a lot more than just tweak some branches, flowers and spores. My suggestion was to lower the damage, replace faeriefire and lower the cost to require and allow for gore a bit, though I guess I can see why that's a concern. 

At the end of the day, we'd have to rethink the whole focus of the skillset, which seems to be what you're asking for and I actually don't disagree with. I'm just working with the scope we're allowed to work in.
  • I'm trying to keep an open mind about the skillset in general. There are a numerous directions that we could go in order to seek change and improvement for viability. I'm a little concerned over the design of all of these new skillsets, having seen the first two. I -like- the general design. I like the general feel. But affliction/hindrance capability is minimal with a massive damage burst seeming intended for the kill. Damage burst without some ability to lock down is rarely too functional. Even the best cannot always kill with a meteor. People will tank it, or just walk away. That is why I want to see this adjusted slightly so that we'll have some variability in our attacks, as well as some reason to use lesser spores.

It's true, I think that the focus of this skillset needs some adjustment. Same with Aquachem. Perhaps with the plans for the other four. I wont know there until they're released. But let's try and adjust this to a viable point, and at the same time take the same considerations into account when releasing the other four. We already are in a better shape than Aquachem at release. But we still need some work.
    That's how glass cannons work. Massive damage, hurty weaknesses, crappy hindering. I'm pretty okay with that general design, it's effective yet unreliable...if not a bit simplistic. Seeing as how mists/whatever are all entirely unblockable, the hindering and overall effects need to be less than demesnes/songs/fae/etc.  
    edited January 2013
    Report so far: (question marks indicate requests for input)
    RACE CHANGES: 
    +2 con (to 16)
    +1 cha (12) 
    -1 str (16) 
    +1 dex (10)

-1 fire weakness (2)
     -1 elect weakness (0) 

=Lower eq cost on perspective to 2 seconds.
    =Add eq-less GLANCE GROUND when perspective is in trees.
    =Add emotes to the things heard from both elevations. 

CLASS SIMPLE / "BUG" FIXES: 
    =Add an unlink syntax for coppice. 
    =Change fawn (Wildecall) to only trigger when mana is below 96%. No more spammy triggering off walkingtrance and similar!

GENERAL CHANGES 
    =Allow vines in any terrain.
    =Add mulching and totemcarving. It's not fair to non-Wildewoods as it is.
    =Add a highjump-type skill. Knocks a target out of the trees, bypassing cling. 

SPECIFIC SKILLS/MECHANICS:

Flowers:
    =Change the affliction list to
    Broken leg, slickness, Fractured Skull, Blindness

Branches: 
    =Change Gossamer (clumsyness) to stupidity.
    =Increase the limbs broken by knobbled branches to 2 (up from 1).
    ?=Increase the % chance to 15%.

Wildecall:
    = Change into a standard, untimer-d 10p defense. Unstrippable, not lost on death.
    = Add WILDEWOOD WILDECALL <animal>. 
    = Drop the delay (currently anywhere from 30-150 seconds depending on timer of def) 
    = Balance each animal from there. 

Animals:
    =Change wolverine and treefrog to trigger off the user attacking.
    =Change firefly to also trigger off the user attacking, random mental aff? (Fireflies are currently redundant with badger.)

Spores: 
    ?=Change all spore attacks (except Glinshari) to include an optional 'delay' field. Default delay at 10 seconds. Power cost will scale to delay. Suggested table is as follows:
    3-5s 5p
    6-8s 4p
    9-11s 3p
    12-14s 2p
    15-16s 1p

?= Change Hartpine (currently manabarbs) to one of the following: 
    -An affliction that lasts incurably for a window of time, periodically ticking, dealing damage based on the number of glinshari afflictions the target has when it ticks.
    OR
    -(If possible to code)An affliction that lasts incurable for a window of time, dealing damage when Glinshari afflictions are received. 

?=Change Bluehorn (currently Succumb) to something. 

?=Depending on the other changes, including that of Hartpine, scale the damage on Glinshari back so that low numbers of affs won't geek people. 

Treehug:
    ?= Allow TREEHUG <person> [<branch>], to use one of the branch effects instead of the base treehug effect. Default branch would be knobbled. 

Basically, how I see this skillset working is using your terts to support while you lay down a Hartpine on a long timer. You've got to keep them busy until it fires. Start Glinshari. Then, you have a brief window where the glinshari delay and the Hartpine window overlap to use your skills to try and stick as many glinshari affs as possible. One way or another, hartpine will be (ostensibly) bringing the target's health down, hopefully to a level that when Glinshari fires it will be able to kill them. Solo, without the hartpine (and other) assistance, Glinshari won't be able to kill with last-minute affs being stacked right before it fires. 

Right now, all of the spores are set to the same powerscale (except Glinshari), but in the future that can change. Stuff like flowerpower can be used for group encounters, but the others could easily stand to be made single target, especially Hartpine/Glinshari. Once that sort of thing is done, some of the power costs/restrictions on Glinshari could probably be lowered. You'd no longer be in danger of getting randomly geeked by Glinshari/bone trance anyways, so less need for all the ways to avoid/disable it, and the 10p cost.

EDIT: I had notes on a slightly different aff set for branches, but I've misplaced them. I'll see if I can remember.

EDIT2: I've left out a branch doing an aff cure for now. Later on (in regular reporting), I'm going to suggest a robe-alternate armoring mechanic for the skillset, for actual defensive abilities. I'll shoot for something less hilarious than tattooarmor, it's likely to have a lot less to do with dmp, and more unique defense choices you have to make. Kind of in the theme of transmology mechanics, where you have a feature (like nose) and have 2/3 choices on what to stick in that slot. Likely to only be 2-3 features though!
  • Oh, has influencing been raised?

I think there were concerns that taking Wildewood given the charisma would really impair it, unlike other situations where you could potentially pick an appropriate race.
    Eeesh, you're asking for a lot of code time in this report.
    @Saran I've suggested increasing the charisma of the race by 1. I think it's thematically appropriate to have a higher charisma, but raising it by more isn't likely. That's something that can be generally approached outside of this report though, some kind of skill that boosts influencing. 

Well, there are very few actual coding changes being discussed here. Most of the report has to do with swapping around afflictions, which (I imagine) takes seconds of time, merely swapping "give clumsiness" in the code with "give stupidity". Mechanical changes include the Wildewood change (bringing its code more in line with other existing 10p defenses), and whatever the new hartpine effect is. The big change is that to spores, requiring a new mechanic entirely to include the variable timer, though again, I imagine that it can't be that hard to include. There has to be a timer in somewhere that counts down from 10, and a variable that accounts for power cost. Include a slider that sets the count down and power cost when it's cast, done! Regardless, we'll see what's said when the report goes through. 

For a report that will only come around a single time, I really don't think it's too much to ask. If it helps come up with fixes to future skillsets before they come out (such as the spores change being applied back to aquachem, forwards to the new skills), it's better to get it all on the table at once, instead of applying them one at a time as the skills come out. 
  • Yeah, we're not going to do anything like adding a whole new mechanic (like adding optional delay tactics to a bunch of skills! or changing wildecall to a permanent unstrippable defense!). I'll note that we haven't actually asked for a report yet, the skillset hasn't been out for very long, and we will use our best judgment when it comes time to tweak. The more modest and reasonable a request is, the more likely it'll get implemented when it does come time for a report. I don't want to derail any brainstorming but please don't expect a complete rewrite or overhaul or that we'd implement anything asked for.
    Oh... We'll have to do something else about poor wildecall then.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    edited January 2013

Saran said:
    I think there were concerns that taking Wildewood given the charisma would really impair it, unlike other situations where you could potentially pick an appropriate race.
    That was mostly me complaining, wasn't it? I was just jealous of you guys. If you want to be an influencer druid, just, don't learn wildewood? I'm not sure walking trees having high charisma makes much sense, and well...ents wearing fancy dresses or suits and putting on perfume in order to impress people seems an odd image to me.

• I understand garland works like a talisman... However I was just asking for something cosmetic akin to Druids getting a sickle and wiccans getting an athame.
    (Garlands are that thing. Literally what you are asking for.)
    If you pick druidry, but don't have enough lessons for cudgel, you get a cool sickle.

If you pick wildewood, but don't have enough lessons for garland, you get the basic talisman.

• You also turn into a tree. I don't see your point.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Doesn't Garland have a ranged attack?

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    edited January 2013
    I don't have a point. I was just explaining what Annick was asking for. Wooden trees wielding the basic wooden talismans seems fine to me.

edited January 2013
    If a change of focus is not in the cards, it would be at least helpful to have some pointers/devnotes on what the focus is intended to be, so that we can change along those lines. The following is a summary of the skillset along with my analysis, as frank, honest, and accurate as I can make it.

This skillset offers:

4 'Flower' effects that recur every 10 seconds on a target in the room. These are:
    Skill Effect Cure
    Bluebell Mana drain of banshee level (~10%+100) N/A
    HornedLily Weakness, makes physical attacks weaker Phleg, Marjoram, Focus
    Moontear Vertigo, stops CLIMB UP, and bixes Myrtle, Focus
    Faeblossom Faeriefire/Asthma - stops smokes Melancholic

Comments:
    First thing to note on these is that two of the three afflictions only have very minor effect. Weakness does nothing to non-physical classes, Vertigo only stops climbing, which you aren't likely to be having to spam against a Wildewood. Second, they are all cured on different curing balances, which means that even if they had effect, that effect would last as long as system latency. 

Second are the branch effects. They have a 10% chance to fire against any attack against the Wildewood by someone in that room that causes damage. 

Skill    Effect      Cure
    Knobbled Breaks a random limb Mending
    Gossamer Clumsiness, increased miss chance for phys. Kombu
    Flowering Sprawl Stand
    Mossy Paralysis Focus body

Comments:
    Here, the same logic as above applies. All of these are on different cure balances (from themselves and from most of the flowers) and some only effect physical classes. Additionally, they only take effect after an attack goes through, so they will fail to stop further attacks, unless they interrupt a combo. 
    Add to this that these afflictions are completely out of the hands of the Wildewood, as far as timing goes. This will become important later. Though they do use up curing balances, nothing so far has indicated the ability to pressure any balances, even in conjunction from spamming from tertiaries. 

Next are the Spores. These consume the appropriate flower passives as they are cast. Then, they have a 10 second wait time before they hit all unshielded enemies within range, assuming the caster is not blind at that moment. Range is from 1-5 rooms. These are buggy right now, hard to test. All do damage, ~3k for the 5p spores (as far as we can currently tell), scaling up on Glinshari

Bluebell
    Consumes bluebell, hornedlily, and 5p. Deals Succumb.

Hartpine
    Consumes bluebell, moontear, and 5p. Deals manabarbs.

FlowerPower
    Consumes bluebell, moontear, faeblossom and 5p. Deals two broken limbs and paralysis.

Glinshari
    Consumes all flowers and 10p. Deals damage and a stun dependent on certain affs, currently very high damage.

Comments:
    My first comment is that on the 5p spores, the damage dealt is nearly wasted. Nothing in the rest of the skillset is capable of pressuring vitals. Additionally, the damage has quite a high cost and delay on it! Secondary strategies based around this damage are either non-realistic, or are one-trick-ponies. If it's known that any spore connecting can lead to death, simple measures such as walking away can be employed with the ample 10 second warning. 
    Next comes the matter of the afflictions. Both Succumb and Manabarbs have entire archetypes devoted to sticking them for a kill. The first pairs an aeonlocking 50% mana kill method, the second a Dchord/octave technique. With neither an aeon or an octave ability (and please, let's not add them), both will be cured instantly. Likewise, FlowerPower is a 5p attack with a 10 second delay that will result in a total of 2 seconds of hindrance (apply mending, focus. One second later, focus has completed and mending balance has returned). 
    I will talk about Glinshari later, in the overall strategy analysis. It is the finisher.

The Trans skill is 'Wildecall'. You spend 10p to start a 1 hour timer. Within 15-30 seconds, a random animal of six will arrive, giving you a new defense. All but one are triggered expressly off of folk attacking you with damage. They are as follows:

Firefly -10% magic sourced damage, works 10 times
    Wolverine 10% chance for ~250 backlash bleeding, works 10 times
    TreeFrog 10% charybdon chance, 10 times
    Sapling 10% poison shrug chance, 10 times
    Badger ~20% damage reduction to all sources, has a pool of 5000 to block.
    Fawn 10% chance each second to cure some mana, has a pool of 5000.

Once any animal uses up its pool of uses or resources, it goes away. Another will randomly arrive anywhere from 15-150 seconds later, depending on how much of the 1 hour timer has elapsed. You can repeat the command to get a new random animal (repeats possible) for 0p, but you must wait out the delay as normal. Once the timer expires, any animal defending you will leave. 

Comments:
    This skill runs into a number of problems:
    -It is costly, no other 10p skill requires redeffing every hour.
    -It is random. What animal you get is totally random. 
    -It leaves you undefended for large gaps of time. Over 2 minutes is incredibly long in combat.
    -Many of the creatures have weak effects.
    -Many of the creatures fire only very infrequently.
    Put together, these issues leave the skill quite underwhelming for a trans ability, though not as much so as Haymaker.

Then there are the two damage attacks.  Both are on 4+ second balances (without stag paints) and are brute magic source with 50/50 typing. Both are given a ~6% chance to stun for 2 seconds due to a racial perk. They are:

Spray - Blunt/Magic, ~4.15 eq loss. Can LoS ranged attack.
    Treehug - Blunt/Asphyx, ~4.15 balance loss. Breaks one random limb explicitly, costs 1 faeblossom sap.

Comments:
    More testing needs to be done, but the dps on these attacks seems low. Double blunt typing is underwhelming (about 50% of mobs have blunt resistance?). Definitely no 100% divinus + 20 offensive divinus dmp attack. The broken limb from treehug is thematic, but of minimal use outside of Glinshari, as described below. A single broken limb will be cured instantly (but assuredly within 4 seconds), and mending balance is not pressured by this skillset.

Outside of the offensive abilities are the four barks. They do the following:
    Iron +20 blunt offensive dmp
    Evergreen +20 Poison defensive dmp
    Moonhart Stops <Elder Moonharts from being chopped.
    Lead +Movement Resist

Comments:
    These are alright, though nothing to write home about. The movement resist helps to regain some of the resists granted by druidry, and helps mitigate spores being eliminated by gusting the Wildewood. The blunt dmp works less well than the Aquachem equivalent, as we have no 100% typed blunt damage. The Poison dmp is alright against the few dealers of poison dmp, but is somewhat wasted on totemists, who already have quite a stack of that dmp. Moonhart is interesting, but likely to be little used. No replacement for totemcarving or mulching, not by a very long shot.

Okay, strategy analysis:

Back to Glinshari. Glinshari scales steeply to the number of afflictions from this list present on the victim when it hits: Broken limbs, Clumsiness, Vertigo, Faeriefire. From what I can tell, it's definitely intended to be how you kill your opponents, as no other method presents itself.

Two of these afflictions come from flowers, Vertigo and Faeriefire. First, please that when this spore starts its 10 second timer, those flowers shrivel up, so no more Vertigo or Faeriefire passively!  =Faeriefire can be applied on an active eq balance by the Wildewood if need be.
    =Vertigo. Outside of the flower effect that stops 10 seconds before Glinshari hits, Vertigo is not in the active repertoire of the archetype, in any tertiary. So, that won't be present.
    =Clumsiness. The only method for this class to give clumsiness is via a poison or through the 10% chance to fire branch effect. If gotten through a branch effect (10% chance), the wildewood would need to stick that affliction up to 10 seconds for Glinshari to fire, which would be difficult (impossible?) with no curing pressure.
    = Limbs. Two tertiaries can only use a branch effect (see the problems with that above), Treehug, or poisons to achieve these. Ecology and Shamanism have an obvious advantage here.

Now, with no way to stop the curing of any of these afflictions, the Wildewood will need to try and stick them for Glinshari the only way possible: Macro-ing as many of them together into a single action done RIGHT as Glinshari ticks, to avoid any chance at curing. That limits what can be done. In these tallies, I've assumed that Faeriefire from the flower 10 seconds prior to Glinshari hitting (or more) hasn't been cured, though doing so 2 seconds before Glinshari is due to hit would be a smart move. Also, we'll assume that beast spit doesn't get shrugged. In other words, these are estimated just a little bit high.

Runes: 3. Faeriefire, hug limb, lucky spit.
    Dreamweaving: 3, ditto.
    Ecology: 4: Faeriefire, berserk fetish (limbs), spit (also limb). Snakebane makes this less luck based on spit. 
    Shamanism: 5: Faeriefire, lucky spit, three limbs from bone trance.

Remember, this is assuming they get a chance to act ON that tenth second. That means that you have not been hindered, the opponent has not moved away, and the opponent is not shielded or otherwise protected from attacks. As it stands now, the Shaman will instakill or near instakill you if they time it well, though you're likely to cure one limb before it hits. Ecologist, ditto. The other two, possibly, if you have a low health total. 

What's the problem with this setup then? First one is easy: There was no setup. If the Wildewood was prepared with flowers before combat, they can begin this attempt (as a Shaman or Ecologist) right as they step into the room, and have no reason not to do so. Nothing in any of the skillsets avalible to them will help them to ensure that the Glinshari will hit against a moderately intelligent (or well coded) enemy. Therefore, there isn't any point doing anything besides opening with the closer. Their entire strategy revolves around having a macro and a tick timer telling them when exactly to press it (or indeed pressing it autonomously) to deal a small burst of afflicting right before Glinshari to kill. Against a foolish or un-prepared enemy, it is certain victory. Against a prepared enemy, it is (without significant outside help) certain failure. 

Now, let's see about the tertiary kill methods, if the Wildewood is pursuing a kill outside of Glinshari. 

Shamanism is the easiest to look at, it's a health kill. Wildewood, outside of Glinshari doing outrageous damage, has no real way to pressure health. It has burst damage on a long timer in the form of the 5p spores, that could be used together with the Shamanism Death Trance.  However, if the damage on those spores (after bugs are eliminated) ends up being too low to allow death trance, that is the end of the line for this strategy. If they do enough to ensure it, we're back to the 'no setup' situation of Glishari, where all the Shaman has to do is wait for the proper timing of death trance. In that situation, this tactic becomes a one-hit-wonder, only occurring once on any moderately intelligent enemy before it is guarded against to a perfect degree (Barring disconnections and other extreme circumstances) in the future. All they will have to do is move out of the room just before the spore is due to hit. Moving to chase the opponent will disrupt the timing on death point, even if they are still hit by the spore. Only bone trance stacks with Wildewood, as previously discussed.

The other possibility is Eternalsleep. However, looking at the combined manadraining capacity of both skillsets (and all the others available to the OmniTrans as well), there simply isn't enough mana drainage going on. With a lack of vitals pressuring in the skillset, even the added drain of metawake and dreamweaving channel spammed endlessly will not be enough to put anyone in danger of getting eternalsleeped. Problems sticking succumb for manadrain were previously dicussed, and that affliction would have to stay for some time before it worked. A sleeplock isn't a viable solution to that particular problem. Dreamweavers lack the capacity to triple sleep to begin a sleeplock, and would not be able to perpetuate it without an aeon method. Adding an aeon method, making the succumb uncurable in some fashion or vastly boosting the mana drain capacity of Wildewood all would be unadvised changes that would tip the scales the other way in group situations without doing too much to assist the Wildewood solo. None of the afflictions in dreamweaving stack or hinder the curing of any Wildewood afflictions, or vicea versa.

Runes:The only combination here I see is Impatience/Asthma/Paralysis, the classic druid runes stack. Unfortunately, outside of sap, all three of the cure commands for this can be sent at once, this does not achieve the goal. Damage can be dealt if double haegl is performed before the target can eat horehound, but this isn't enough to be worth the effort. 

Ecology: Smudges and the familiar passives don't work as well with this skillset as one might imagine. Smudges random start timer means that you only know when a smudge is going to hit 8 seconds before it does, which is too late for a spore to start. Using the passive familiar sting instead of active afflicting makes it more certain you get the predicted number of affs, but doesn't solve any of the 'no setup' problems with the skillset, nor the 'your enemy will just walk out for 1 second, and come back with no harm done' issue.

Outside of trying to outright kill the opponent, there is little the Wildewood can do besides spam shieldstun to attempt to hinder their opponent, or spam a tertiary skill to do the same, as the primary set offers little in the way of afflictions or hindering. Unlike Mage tertiaries (psionics) that were apparently designed to play the primary, active, role in combat, Druid tertiaries play support roles. Having a primary skill apparantly intended to support a tertiary when all of your tertiaries are designed to support the primary is an unfortunate conflict in design! 

Outside of the class offense issues are gaps in utility and problems with the race, though I expect those will be easy (and accepted) change requests. 

I've suggested some things to address these issues, and will be producing (later) an abridged list of things that can be done to fix the skillset, but as I see it now, the skillset achieves little: solo or with groups. I really do hope you (the administration) will be open to refocusing this skillset, past minor fiddling. Without a major change, I'm not seeing anything but a bleak outlook for this skillset, which is a real shame. 

From a purely lore point of view, Wildewood working better with Dreamweaving would be cool, due to the links of both to Lord Hoaracle.

• Can Wildewood please summon sickles?

There are a few points around that are really telling the Wildewood that they are not druids. Like the really awkward times when you're trying to differentiate between people with druidry (druids) and wildewood (wildewood) without implying that people who have the druid archetype in the seren druid guild aren't druids.

Them not summoning sickles also adds to this because it implies you are not on the path of the druid, while being on the path of nature could be cool thematically, the actual item kinda reinforces the neither wiccan nor druid issue.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Well... if you don't have Druidry, are you really a Druid?  I get the feeling that's intentional (also with the lack of totem-carving).
  • Xenthos said:
    Well... if you don't have Druidry, are you really a Druid?  I get the feeling that's intentional (also with the lack of totem-carving).
    Someone with Aquachemancy might not be an Aquamancer any more but they are still a mage.

And well coppice seems to have some confusion, the ab is all about connecting to another hartstone druid, but then the syntax says mage...
  • Saran said:
    Xenthos said:
    Someone with Aquachemancy might not be an Aquamancer any more but they are still a mage.

And well coppice seems to have some confusion, the ab is all about connecting to another hartstone druid, but then the syntax says mage...
    You are no longer the druid, you are the forest.  Makes sense that the living forest would be in/connected with the druids that protect it.
    That's such a quibbly point that doesn't speak the entire rest of the skillset, or the other problems (some thematic) in the set. The sickle does not define someone as a Druid, especially in the Hartstone. Players with cudgels or trans Druidry aren't druids in the Hartstone by definition, only our own rituals give you that right. We've got a cool unique nature curse message now, a unique talisman may happen at some point, and that's all fine. Who cares that we don't summon sickles?

Regardless of which Primary you pick you've still got the Druid archetype by nature of being in the class.

If coppice is typo'd typo it.
    edited January 2013

Enyalida said:
    Players with cudgels or trans Druidry aren't druids in the Hartstone by definition, only our own rituals give you that right. 
    The ritual that makes you a druid requires the use of a sickle. :P But, yeah, we can just change it to need anything sharp.

• Umm, sorry it seems like it's just such a ridiculously simple change... like i'd expect it to be a matter of going to the "nature talisman" command and just adding an "or wildewood" to the if statement that says people with druidry summon sickles.

We're still going to have the issue where people will say that they need a druid and they won't be including Wildewood in that request.
  • Personally (completely divested of any authority as an admin nor in any way trying to say how it should be done or what other admin think), I would draw the line between druidry and Wildewood. So, you're a Wildewood, not a Druid - is that a real problem, RPly? You're still a follower of Hart, and very deeply bonded with the Serenwilde. Instead of just communing with it, you've nearly become a part of it! Personally, I'd take it almost as a superior state. Why must one be viewed as a Druid if they are Wildewood? Be something different, more!
  • Eventru said:
    Personally (completely divested of any authority as an admin nor in any way trying to say how it should be done or what other admin think), I would draw the line between druidry and Wildewood. So, you're a Wildewood, not a Druid - is that a real problem, RPly? You're still a follower of Hart, and very deeply bonded with the Serenwilde. Instead of just communing with it, you've nearly become a part of it! Personally, I'd take it almost as a superior state. Why must one be viewed as a Druid if they are Wildewood? Be something different, more!
    That'd be cool, but I'm not convinced that it works when it's the archetype name.

The hartstone help file needs rewriting if we do that too, because it's very much....

We're a guild of druids, of the druid archetype. Our tertiaries allow us to be come runic druids, Keepers of Hart's secret, ecologic druids, or shamanic druids.
    At various guildranks you get named a druid.
    And I'm going through the ghelps when I can to find the various places we'd need to change things to accommodate that. The most obvious one being the tasks that lead you to being named a druid of the White Hart.