The Meta Mafia Game - XENTHOS(Celina) WINS! Town also wins!

Comments

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Ah, so the cow was from Ellowyn.

I was feeling bad for Cecil last night, so I sent him a new friend! I am very curious if Othero did in fact receive it.

Otherwise, I guess we know what the dead cow was about now. This also makes three Night Vale players, so the theory that it's just two per game might be faulty.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal

A dead cow? Silvanus came back to life and I missed it? 

In seriousness, what page was the cow mention on? I suppose I missed it reading from work.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    The dead cow was mentioned when Ushaara/Ssaliss were found dead. Right at the end of the results post.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Now that I've gone back and checked, it was page 10.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    The dead animals make sense now. At least she took down Ssaliss while she could, good work. 

I again have nothing to contribute from the night, so I need to wait for everyone else to check in.

• Vivet said:
    Ah, so the cow was from Ellowyn.

I was feeling bad for Cecil last night, so I sent him a new friend! I am very curious if Othero did in fact receive it.

Otherwise, I guess we know what the dead cow was about now. This also makes three Night Vale players, so the theory that it's just two per game might be faulty.

I did. Besides the new friend I've had a fairly uneventful night.
    Vivet said:
    The dead cow was mentioned when Ushaara/Ssaliss were found dead. Right at the end of the results post.
    Thank you, apparently my eyes skimmed past that thinking it was the day length announcement. 

• So what does the message mean?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    We are alive and well, with nothing interesting to report yet.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Breandryn said:
    So what does the message mean?
    Which message?
  • Sylandra said:

Speaking of, a peculiar whirring noise echoes throughout the vicinity, until finally a soothing, masculine voice emanates about the premises:

"Good morning Night Vale or whatever this is. Today's gossip is me. Cecil. I am real and I exist. Also I am someone named Othero, whatever that means. Finally, Carlos is dead and does not exist. That's all the gossip I have."

With that cryptic message, we bring you to the weather. Which is particularly sunny this dayphase!

• That's my announcement power which I just used to confirm the fact that it is my power.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Yeah I thought it was just the flavour of the announcement.

• Well that is unfortunate, good job getting one of them before you were taken out, @Ellowyn

I'm curious to know what Luce saw tonight, and who was blocked/jailed/whatever 
    I think Sylandra would have made it more obvious if one of these kills was a serial kill killer, so perhaps we only had mafia and vig?

• Tremula said:
    I think Sylandra would have made it more obvious if one of these kills was a serial kill killer, so perhaps we only had mafia and vig?
    I think the only way an SK would work is if Mafia was blocked on night 2 and the 2 kills were Ellowyn and a SK. But that then raises questions about what happened night 1. I don't know if today is the day for people to start outing themselves as far as who's blocking and jailing but I do think we'd learn a lot from figuring out what happened on night 1 to lead to no deaths.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Luce saw nothing of value last night. Saw stuff, just nothing of value.

I think the fact that Silvanus got janitor'd is probably an indication of guilt more than anything, since Janitor is usually a night-only power. No reason to clean someone who isn't on your team and hasn't revealed roles yet.
    Another thing to note: no one appears to have fallen under the effect of mockery today. So it might be a limited charge power (or every other night), or the mocker might have been up to something else.

The janitoring does feel like an odd move. I wouldn't put it outside of the realm of possibilities that Silvanus could be innocent (remember Krackenor's Nemesis in Gods and Monsters?), but the flavour of the janitoring itself makes me feel like Silvanus could have cleaned himself up (like how Othero did in Reign).

• I'm actually wondering if the mafia has some sort of investigative or reactionary power. So far all of their kills have been very reactionary. Ushaara gets killed after watching Silvanus. They know there is a chance Silvanus' cover gets blown so they use a janitor power on him. Then they kill Ellowyn because Ssaliss got vig killed. Every mafia move has been in reaction to someone else's move.
  • Othero said:
    I'm actually wondering if the mafia has some sort of investigative or reactionary power. So far all of their kills have been very reactionary. Ushaara gets killed after watching Silvanus. They know there is a chance Silvanus' cover gets blown so they use a janitor power on him. Then they kill Ellowyn because Ssaliss got vig killed. Every mafia move has been in reaction to someone else's move.
    Well they did have an investigative power with Ssaliss, he was Consigliere. And Ushaara didn't target Silvanus, she watched me and saw Silvanus and Luce also target me.
  • Just checking in. No information from me. 

Also as a note, no unknown votes last night which leads me to believe we were right about Silvanus, and his power was actually lowering the lynch votes required. Or at least that's my initial instinct.
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • Lehki said:
    Othero said:
    I'm actually wondering if the mafia has some sort of investigative or reactionary power. So far all of their kills have been very reactionary. Ushaara gets killed after watching Silvanus. They know there is a chance Silvanus' cover gets blown so they use a janitor power on him. Then they kill Ellowyn because Ssaliss got vig killed. Every mafia move has been in reaction to someone else's move.
    Well they did have an investigative power with Ssaliss, he was Consigliere. And Ushaara didn't target Silvanus, she watched me and saw Silvanus and Luce also target me.
    Yeah, I miswrote that. I meant that Ushaara had info on Silvanus, not that they targeted Silvanus. Also Ssaliss' Consigliere power could only been reported back to the mafia once, whoever he investigated on Night 1. Part of the rules that Sylandra told me and Ushaara is that with an investigation power you can't share something you learn with night chat until the night after you made the investigation. They would not of learned about who he investigated on Night 2. I might be grasping at straws but it seems weird how targeted the kills have been. Especially as I was them, with what we knew during the day, would of gone after Luce and not Ellowyn if I was mafia.

Silvanus only used his power on Lehki though, right? But it was Shaddus who got the mystery vote tacked onto him.
  • Fyler said:
    Just checking in. No information from me. 

Also as a note, no unknown votes last night which leads me to believe we were right about Silvanus, and his power was actually lowering the lynch votes required. Or at least that's my initial instinct.
    We should have seen a vote on me for day 2 if it was Silvanus that was the mocker.  Unless Silvanus had multiple powers then?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Vivet said:
    Silvanus only used his power on Lehki though, right? But it was Shaddus who got the mystery vote tacked onto him.
    Is it possible that silvanus used his power on Lehki, but the bus driver moved it to me instead?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I might have just been The Obvious Target, so they didn't want to risk me being doctored or something and them losing an action.
    Shaddus said:
    Vivet said:
    Is it possible that silvanus used his power on Lehki, but the bus driver moved it to me instead?
    I guess, though it's hard to say without knowing exactly how what power works.

Have we not yet heard from anyone aside from @Breandryn and @Kiradawea? So far no one has claimed a blocking action last night similar to the sleepiness/space ship, which is also a bit odd. Unless I missed that somewhere.
  • I already posted asking about the message. Nothing happened to me during the night that I can tell. 
  • Did anyone have an eventful night or are we working without any new info?