The Meta Mafia Game - XENTHOS(Celina) WINS! Town also wins!

Comments

• Didn't Carlos get serial-killed first night before he could get anything done? Made famous indeed.

Anyway. Let me think about whose actions are theoretically accounted for.  During last night.

Vivet sent a pokemon to Portius. Confirmed by Portius.
    Lavinya did nothing. Claimed by Luce.
    Luce tracked Lavinya.

So if we assume those three statements are true, none of them can be responsible for the two deaths this night.

Furthermore, Othero claims to have been part of Ushaara's Mason group. I am inclined to believe Othero. The existence of a Mason group isn't to doubt since it's part of a mod reveal, and as long as no one else speaks up and claims Cecil I have no reason to doubt him.

Now, the next is a bit shakier since we don't have any claims to hang em on. But.
    Othero was blocked. This accounts for his and the blocker's action last night.
    Someone mocked Shaddus. That's another action unaccounted for.
    Furthermore, two kills happened last night.

Counting that, we've got eight actions on that list. We've got 13 individuals remaining, so that's potentially five other actions we don't know about.

Here's the fun part though. If someone reveals that bussing happened last night, that's one more action to add to the list. If we have the three typical roles of jailer, doctor and cop, that's three more actions that happened last night. Cop especially we know should exist since the consigliere had investigation immunity as a power.

That leaves one unknown. So if we can place the blocker, mocker, cop, jailer and doctor, we have a good chance of nailing one of the scum. Possibly two if the mafia killer is a serial killer.

Something to keep in mind. For now, my night was without events and I eagerly await an explanation for Silvanus's mod post powers, or whatchamacallit.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I don't think it's likely, but another possibility to consider is Lehki has a delayed kill, and Ssaliss and the mafia target were bussed.
  • Ah true. Lehki did target Ushaara.  Still, while it's "possible" I will argue that there's no great cause to think that there may be a delayed kill.

Furthermore, I doubt that Ssaliss performed the mafia kill. As the consigliere, especially one who wasn't under a great deal of scrutiny, they'd be busy gathering more dirt for their mafia buddies. I think it fair to expect that whomever made the mafia kill last night, it wasn't Ssaliss.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Well do I have some big news that you are all eagerly awaiting.

I am the Oneiroi, the Forum administration here to make sure everyone plays nice and does not devolve this place into the terrible realm known as lack of rants. I can issue out temporary forum ban that will limit your posting for the rest of the day if your warning level has been raised beforehand.

I was mostly curious to see what would happen and how it would be perceived, and that is why I used my power on night one. Why I choose Lehki? Because I'm kind of an ass and wanted to mess with him after the Pokemon game and the way that all went down, it seemed too amusing to pass up the opportunity. Sorry Lehki for triggering your paranoia.

I debated going back and forth on revealing that it was me on day two that warned Lehki, but I definitely didn't think it would be a smart move to reveal that it was me after the discussion swayed into the realm of an arson. If it were believed to be an arson, perhaps the Mafia would believe there is another faction or another that is able to kill, and I thought that would be better for the town to have the mafia distracted by a possible arsonist.

I didn't think the town would have to worry too much about it, there isn't much a town can do to stop an arson outside of the usual scum interference. Perhaps that was a bad mafia strategy, I lost to an arson in horrific fashion in the Reign mafia game. I am not sure a hundred percent if I should've revealed or not, or just held my power and not used it (but I didn't want to not use my power at all and die before I get the chance).

I did not issue any temporary warnings last night. I also never claimed that I did not have any powers.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Limit posting for the rest of the day, so could you trigger it on me right now and I'd be blocked from posting and voting till the next day?
  • Also @Kiradawea I think Luce was saying that the bus driver could have swapped ssaliss with the Mafia's target, not that Ssaliss did the kill.
  • That is also possible, though that won't change the action maths.
  • I thought you claimed not to have any night powers, but maybe that was someone else as I've been back through your posts and you're right, you didn't.  Also the hints you've left about posting restrictions make sense to your claim.... but I have some questions.  Oneiroi is, I assume, a good 'admin' but knowing this game I have to ask - are you town?  Or neutral?  What is your win condition?
    No, Lehki, I am not able to restrict your posting now because the warning level is only for the next day phase, when you meet our rules and regulations I am not able to suspend you. I have an unlimited amount of warnings/suspensions that I can give out.

Ellowyn, I am here to stop the Mafia and win with the town. The forum mafia have been disposing of town members and wreaking havoc on the forums, creating some uninteresting threads that I need to review. I am here to help speed along the process.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • So why did you opt to not act last night? 
    Mostly to avoid this exact scenario that I find myself in and having to explain why I gave someone a warning, especially given the suspicion and votes levied against me yesterday.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I'm rather curious if this temp ban thing is something that'd be super visible and obvious or if it'd be hidden. Blocking someone from voting could conceivably be townish. Blocking discussion from a given person, however... just feels terribly unhelpful to town in general. Iunno.
    Well, I could activate it any part in the day phase, I would think it could be useful to stop day powers from happening, like some of those Pokemon day powers where they needed to talk to their pokemon.
  • It sounds very fishy to me still. Would have liked to have seen it activated for confirmation, even if it meant me not being able to talk for part of the day. So hopefully we can hear from everybody soon, see if there's any more new info. Think @Tremula, @Breandryn, and @Fyler, still need to check in.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Only Elizabeth would try to frame me like this.

Luce may be casting aspersions as to my nightly actions, BUT THE TRUTH IS I WAS NOT LYING. Another truth - if I don't meet certain criteria in my posts, my vote doesn't count. Another truth - I have no night powers. None, zero, zilch. So unless someone is able to move me without my knowledge (and without me noticing at all), then Luce is being a lying liar that lies. Or at the very least, if he comes out to say he didn't track me, he is wrong in his insinuations. He's probably Elizabeth.

Silvanus' role seems feasible, I'm inclined to believe it for now, what little he shared of his role has the ring of Sylandra's humour about it. 

There's quiet people who need to weigh in I think. A big one being did anyone have a similar message to the one Shaddus had night one? 

• Eh... Lavinya, Luce is confirming your lack of night action by stating that you didn't do anything last night. I don't see how Luce could be casting aspersions on you. Also, Othero claims to have been blocked, but if it was the same message we don't know. @Othero was your roleblock flavour similar to that of Shaddus?

I also disagree that Silvanus role is feasible. For starters. Everyone else thus far is someone who was part of a previous mafia game, either as a player or as a "moderator" of some sort. The Oneiroi don't fit in with other characterizations. If the role-name is true, I find it far more likely that they'd be in the role of fun police, trying to stamp out all mafia games forever with the banhammer.

Furthermore, removing someone's ability to post isn't just an unfun role that I'll generally advise against. But it's typically a scum power since it inherently weakens daytime when town is at it's strongest. It keeps cops from revealing investigation results, roleblockers from telling who they roleblocked, and removes precious votes from town.

I'm still waiting for @Tremula, @Breandryn and @Fyler to weigh in. But I don't believe Silvanus for a second.
  • Sorry, I've been busy on weekends lately. I will read and post tomorrow.
    Lavinya said:
    Another truth - if I don't meet certain criteria in my posts, my vote doesn't count. 
    If what we're seeing is a reflection of restriction/such criteria, then all I can say is: lol

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Sorry for the quiet, everyone, I went to visit with some friends over the weekend and I woke up to us having a dead mafia. Good for us, just a shame we had to lose a townie. I'm wondering if we have a lucky vig or if this shows our bus driver might not be mafia-aligned, or just a new bus driver.

For my night, I was picked up by an alien spaceship and...well, that's all i really have to say. No probing, no 'take me to your leader', not a tiny green man in sight.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    Huh. And you just got set back down in the morning? Maybe it's a jailor?

Most curious part of that is no one reported getting picked up by a spaceship on the first night. Hmm hmm.

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Kiradawea said:

I also disagree that Silvanus role is feasible. For starters. Everyone else thus far is someone who was part of a previous mafia game, either as a player or as a "moderator" of some sort.

As previously stated, my role was not in any previous games, although it is a clear reference to their setup. That having been said, I agree with pretty much everything else and remain very skeptical of Silvanus' claim.

Also, I'm pretty sure all y'all are reading way too much into Shaddus' night 1 message. Maybe I just got burned trying to glean information from fluff too many times in Pokemafia, but I don't think that's a clear indicator of a block.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Lavinya said:
    Only Elizabeth would try to frame me like this.

Luce may be casting aspersions as to my nightly actions, BUT THE TRUTH IS I WAS NOT LYING. Another truth - if I don't meet certain criteria in my posts, my vote doesn't count. Another truth - I have no night powers. None, zero, zilch. So unless someone is able to move me without my knowledge (and without me noticing at all), then Luce is being a lying liar that lies. Or at the very least, if he comes out to say he didn't track me, he is wrong in his insinuations. He's probably Elizabeth.

Silvanus' role seems feasible, I'm inclined to believe it for now, what little he shared of his role has the ring of Sylandra's humour about it. 

There's quiet people who need to weigh in I think. A big one being did anyone have a similar message to the one Shaddus had night one? 
    Actually, Luce said he saw you do nothing. It is important to be correct, Lavinya. Exceptionally important. 

Nothing again from me last night.

I actually agree with the skepticism towards Silvanus's role. Oneiroi with the post restriction doesn't read very town, which would mean Silvanus misjudged his fake reveal. However, I'm not really ready to believe he'd pull the trigger on a bad claim so quickly. 

I'm not getting any other reads aside form Lavinya's strangeness. 
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • Oh, good point. My night message was nothing like Shaddus' message. I was assaulted by brilliant golden ribbons from someone who was shinier and more ego then Eventru.
  • Portius said:
    Kiradawea said:

I also disagree that Silvanus role is feasible. For starters. Everyone else thus far is someone who was part of a previous mafia game, either as a player or as a "moderator" of some sort.

As previously stated, my role was not in any previous games, although it is a clear reference to their setup. That having been said, I agree with pretty much everything else and remain very skeptical of Silvanus' claim.

Also, I'm pretty sure all y'all are reading way too much into Shaddus' night 1 message. Maybe I just got burned trying to glean information from fluff too many times in Pokemafia, but I don't think that's a clear indicator of a block.
    Ah. I missed that. Mea maxima culpa. My role is like those of Ssaliss and Ushaara, that is I'm X as made famous in Y game. It's weird to have roles that aren't part of a previous mafia game, considering the theme of the game... but then again I put Pollux and Ratatoskr in the Touhou mafia specifically to have a curve-ball like that, so it may be possible... anyway.
    Othero said:
    Oh, good point. My night message was nothing like Shaddus' message. I was assaulted by brilliant golden ribbons from someone who was shinier and more ego then Eventru.
    This is interesting. It may be that flavour means nothing and that both of you were blocked by the same guy. Or we may have two roleblockers out there. There's also Tremula who was kidnapped by aliens... or something like that at least. I agree with Vivet. That was probably a jailer... Oooh. Silly thought. What if the jailer alternates between busdriver and jailer?

Anyway, this means that the jailer (just gonna call it that for now) and Tremula can't have been the killers last night either.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I've actually had a thought on roles.

If most roles are famous copies (or close to copies) then knowing the role is basically the same as knowing the power. That certainly seems to be the case. I think that implies the presence of an investigator power that just gives the role's name, since it'd be pretty useful but still have a decent amount of room for error.

With that in mind, having just a few roles that weren't in any setups would be a useful confounding factor. Kind of like a miller-style way of making the investigator question themselves. I'm sure there's a meta name for this kind of role but I'm blanking on it.

Long story short, I'm totally willing to buy Silvanus being the Oneiroi, and I bet he would investigate as such, but I'm not convinced that his power is what he claims or that he's actually town.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Portius said:

Long story short, I'm totally willing to buy Silvanus being the Oneiroi, and I bet he would investigate as such, but I'm not convinced that his power is what he claims or that he's actually town.
     I agree with Portius here, and am quoting it for emphasis. Sylandra has a very signature (and somewhat twisted) sense of humor, and Oneiroi being in a meta game is entirely believable. That being said, the power Silvanus is claiming is very weird for town to wield, it doesn't really benefit town. So either I don't buy the allegiance or I don't buy the power.
  • My guess is he's possibly third party. AND YOU KNOW HOW I FEEL ABOUT THIRD PARTIES.
  • Portius said:
    I've actually had a thought on roles.

If most roles are famous copies (or close to copies) then knowing the role is basically the same as knowing the power. That certainly seems to be the case. I think that implies the presence of an investigator power that just gives the role's name, since it'd be pretty useful but still have a decent amount of room for error.

With that in mind, having just a few roles that weren't in any setups would be a useful confounding factor. Kind of like a miller-style way of making the investigator question themselves. I'm sure there's a meta name for this kind of role but I'm blanking on it.

My role is a "role made famous by" but I have a completely different power from the original, so disagree that knowing the role is same as knowing the power. Rest sounds reasonable though.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Yeah, I didn't have an as made famous by in mine, but there are reasons for that. 

Without revealing too much, is there anyone who doesn't have two powers or more?
  • Me. I have one.