The Meta Mafia Game - XENTHOS(Celina) WINS! Town also wins!

Comments

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I was referring to specifically your mentioning of the "strongest and smartest" character from Touhou where he loses his ability to vote if he doesn't adhere to the restriction. Do all voter restrictions work that way?

Yours was a phrase to sneak in to increase your power, whereas the restriction you mentioned and Lehki referenced are ones that involve losing powers. Are all restrictions the same, I wouldn't have considered yours a restriction because it enhanced your ability, which is why I questioned how they worked and preferred Lehki to vote for none. 
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • I don't think Silvanus cast any serious or specific doubt on Vivet. I think he did the normal thing in a mafia game, and asked follow up questions. I think Kira's reasoning only makes sense if Silvanus actually tried to flip vague conversation into action, which he did not do in the slightest. 
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Ssaliss said:
    Also, re: Shaddus coming forward... That is, really, the only sensible thing for anyone to do, town or scum. That information would've surfaced eventually anyway, and it'd be a lot more damaging to be found out to be blocked and having kept quiet about it than just going "Oh, hey, I was blocked". So yeah; Shaddus is still a candidate in my eyes. Granted, being blocked on the night someone died is hardly conclusive evidence; I'd give it a one in three chance that he's scum (assuming there's also a doctor and a jailer around, that'd give three protections against death).
    Well timing of the reveal comes into it. To be caught as mafia for not coming forward requires the (town) roleblocker to out themselves and declare who they've blocked, and at this early stage, that would be unwise. There is also the 'I didn't try act therefore didn't know I was blocked' defence that would need to be analysed, and makes Lehki's recent question about whether Shaddus tried to act all the more relevant...

That said, Sylandra has told us to expect surprises, so a possible interpretation is that some of the usual townie powers have flipped to mafia roles.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    And I know people don't really want more crazy theories from me (or do they?), but have just thought of one!

What if Lehki's warning post is a power that requires him to make a particular number of posts in the next day phase or be eliminated?
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I'm almost positive I know who Kiradawea is, and if she's the person I believe she is then she could very well be a serial killer. I think we're playing famous roles from previous games as well as famous players. We all know the one character whose FACTS were indisputable.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Her playstyle is kinda like that anyway. it would make for some interesting camo.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Pretty sure Lavinya is Tekora
     Oh shoot, I may have gotten them mixed up. Sorry, I retract my accusation against you, Kira. Lavinya's not acted suspiciously/loudly to warrant the same suspicions (yet).

• Tremula said:
     Oh shoot, I may have gotten them mixed up. Sorry, I retract my accusation against you, Kira. Lavinya's not acted suspiciously/loudly to warrant the same suspicions (yet).
    WISDOM DUMP STAT EH.

• Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    :'(
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Well, I think Breandryn did make a good point that I overlooked. Assuming there is a jailor (which feels reasonable for a game of this size), then we can assume quite a few people were not targetted for jailing - specifically those who seem likely to have been swapped by a bus-driver type of power.

Shaddus seems to believe that he was roleblocked (specifically?), but no one has mentioned being jailed. Did Shaddus' flavour text have some specific subtext to emphasize he was roleblocked? An important point to consider I think, @Shaddus - not sure if you clarified on that point yet or not.

With that said, no one has mentioned being jailed at all. It might be possible that there is no jailor. Or it might be that someone was jailed, but isn't bringing it up (for obvious reasons) and the jailor is not ready to reveal their role to pin them (for sensible reasons).

Right now I'm just reading Silvanus as being Silvanus-y. I'm kind of getting the same vibes I got from him in the Reign game, where he turned up town (and king, no less). Shaddus does seem weirdly aggressive now, though - not quite sure what to make of him at the moment.
    I'm aggressive because Kira set me off. I realise that Mafia players tend to point fingers without real evidence pretty quickly, but people doing that in the past has often led to my being lynched for no reason beyond people latching onto something they want to see as a "scum tell". Sorry :(

As for flavor text, no. My role has absolutely nothing to do with cocoa, or drinks, or anything even similar. It's possible that it might just be that : flavor text. As for the blocking part, it didn't say that I was blocked, only that I "fell asleep " for the rest of the night. Given that I have no actual night action, that's why I suspected that someone who did have one was bus-switched with me.

It's possible that it was just flavor text and didn't actually block me. Once again, no real way to check. 

A third possibility that occurred to me as I was about to post is some sort of prep, like the earlier post about arsonist prep.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    A third possibility explaining nobody speaking up about being jailed is that the detainee didn't take an action last night, and doesn't know they were jailed.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Mmkay, all good and useful things to take account of. Thanks.
  • I'm not trying to emulate anyone in particular no. People complained about having nothing to discuss, I gave them something to discuss. I'm loud and aggressive because it's more fun than the alternative to sit around and twiddle ones thumbs. Either way, I wouldn't read too much into Shaddus's aggression. He's always hyper-aggressive against anyone that even slightly accuses him of being scum.

Regarding Breandryn's post, I'm not paying too much attention to the existence of a jailor. While there may or may not be one, since no one has come forth with any talk about it thus far I consider it to be something of a non-issue. For all we know, Shaddus's sleep effect may have made him unable to see himself being jailed. There is a point to be made that whomever the jailor jailed, they apparently did not jail the buskeeper or Vivet. Important information for them, but without any more information, speculation on the actions of a possible jailor enters the realm of theory-crafting since there's so many people they could have theoretically jailed.

@Ssaliss Or maybe they jailed themselves. o:) Remember the mafia game where Ssaliss was targetted by mafia three nights in a row, and he jailed and thus protected himself three nights in a row?

Can't think of anything else to add. But I do have a question for @Sylandra

If the day ends by time-out, will it end in a lynch of whomever has the most votes, or in a no-lynch? Also, if we reach the end of the day, Kendra will be modvigged out of the game, correct?
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Well, even if they jailed themself, the point would still stand that there were three kill-blocks in effect :wink:
  • True. Depending on how Syl decides things, they may not have known if they were targetted for elimination last night. But also if they did jail themselves, they do know that they didn't roleblock the kill at least.

Again, assuming that there is a jailer.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Well, yeah. It just seems to be a common addition among the roles of late, so I kinda assume there is one. Time will tell, however!

And really, if there isn't a jailer, then that makes Shaddus seem even more scummy. I'm not sure what the general practice is, but if you're targetted by both a doctor and a scumkill, will you know you were?
  • When I game-mastered for Chimaera and God/Monsters, I made doctor protection visible when successful, and jailer protection invisible when successful. In Touhou it was always invisible.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    If we do not find a replacement for @Kendra she will be modvigged at day's end. If we do not reach a lynch consensus by day's end, it will conclude in no lynch.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Guess we can just wait out Kendra at this point, unless we feel very strongly about someone. I'm leaning towards Shaddus if anyone. 
  • Yeah... Shaddus would be, for me, the least unlikely in a sea of unlikely people, so to speak. I don't necessarily think he's scum, but at this point, I can't really see anyone as scum.
    @Portius has offered to replace @Kendra if no one else offers to do so in the next 24 hours. Please proceed accordingly.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Vote Count:
    Silvanus: Kiradawea (1)
    Kiradawea: Shaddus (1)

With 15 alive, it takes 8 votes to lynch.
    Daraius said:
  • Shaddus said:
    I'm aggressive because Kira set me off. I realise that Mafia players tend to point fingers without real evidence pretty quickly, but people doing that in the past has often led to my being lynched for no reason beyond people latching onto something they want to see as a "scum tell". Sorry :(

As for flavor text, no. My role has absolutely nothing to do with cocoa, or drinks, or anything even similar. It's possible that it might just be that : flavor text. As for the blocking part, it didn't say that I was blocked, only that I "fell asleep " for the rest of the night. Given that I have no actual night action, that's why I suspected that someone who did have one was bus-switched with me.

It's possible that it was just flavor text and didn't actually block me. Once again, no real way to check. 

A third possibility that occurred to me as I was about to post is some sort of prep, like the earlier post about arsonist prep.
    Wasn't being put to sleep one of the roleblocks in Pokemon? Sylandra could be doing a bit of both and so you got the flavor text but because you didn't take an action you didn't get an explicit "your role is blocked" mod text. You could also just be lying. If I was a roleblocker I wouldn't be exposing myself just yet even if you were lying.
  • Ushaara said:
    And I know people don't really want more crazy theories from me (or do they?), but have just thought of one!

What if Lehki's warning post is a power that requires him to make a particular number of posts in the next day phase or be eliminated?
    @Ushaara I doubt it since the message didn't specify what about my posting was unsatisfactory. Would be a little mean to do that.

And hey, now we can get to hear from Kendra/Portius. Perhaps they'll have some light to shed? :D 

Would also really like to hear from @Ellowyn.
    Not sure why I might be lying about my night message but Lehki is not, but ok :/
  • Please point to where my post says I believe Lehki. Anyone saying that something happened to them at night but they don't know what happened is open to suspicion.