The Meta Mafia Game - XENTHOS(Celina) WINS! Town also wins!

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Suspect away, I guess. I personally find it more scummy if a person has something happen and doesn't report it.

Anyway! Are we assuming Vivet is safely town, with her power and all?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I am so sorry I haven't been here to post, I've been away for 4 days and haven't been able to get on the forums!  I will read and get caught up and then post today, I promise.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    How much time do we have left? I don't really find anyone super suspicious (just aggressive as normal) and I don't think we should just let the day go by without a lynch, even if we just drop names in a hat and pull.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • A little more than two days, I believe, so we are running out of time slightly.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Yeah, lynching Kendra for inactivity was looking good while it was looking like there's no replacement, but if @Portius has replaced her now, would like to hear if he has anything to report from last night that might give us something new to discuss?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Shaddus said:
    Suspect away, I guess. I personally find it more scummy if a person has something happen and doesn't report it.

There are things that need to stay hidden at this juncture. If someone successfully doctored, we don't want the doc speaking up as an example. Nor an investigator who found town or watcher's result from a slow night. 

With what happened, either Vivet is town or Cyndaquil isn't. I can't see scum intentionally giving away bonus powers to town night 1.
  • Luce said:
    Shaddus said:

There are things that need to stay hidden at this juncture. If someone successfully doctored, we don't want the doc speaking up as an example. Nor an investigator who found town or watcher's result from a slow night. 

With what happened, either Vivet is town or Cyndaquil isn't. I can't see scum intentionally giving away bonus powers to town night 1.
    To be fair, if both were scum, I doubt Vivet would've spoken up about it. Either that, or she's got brass somethings.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    @Portius has now officially replaced @Kendra.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Vote Count:
    Silvanus: Kiradawea (1)
    Kiradawea: Shaddus (1)

With 15 alive, it takes 8 votes to lynch.

(If no lynch is reached, the Dayphase will end as of January 27th, EST)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Checking in to confirm that I'm active. I still need to go back through the thread more thoroughly to decide if I can draw any conclusions. For the moment, I just bite my thumb at the mafia. Gimme time to figure this out.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
    Ok, I think I'm caught up.

My night was pretty uneventful.

Information I can provide:

-I can confirm that there are roles which were not used in previous games, but are references to those setups. So I question the value of looking at past games as a list of roles that might be reused here. On the other hand, some of them probably are. Make some roles that are references, make some that are copies, hope each group thinks that all roles are like that so they start with a different set of assumptions. Maybe include a few references to players instead of roles or game setups to expand the confusion? It's a very Sylandran breed of insidiousness.

-Post restrictions are both clever and nefarious, but not horribly onerous.

Clarification that I want:

-It looks like you concluded that @Shaddus got roleblocked. Was that just from the night message that he reported, or did I miss him confirming that he attempted a night action that failed?
  • It was from the night message on my part, at least. Being put to sleep sounds very much like a blocked action, unless it had some other effect that Shaddus is either keeping quiet about or simply haven't noticed/been told.
    Additional question @Vivet. Do you have to dump a pokemon on a different person every night, or can you just drown the same person in pokeballs every time?
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Shaddus' flavour text seems fitting with a roleblock. I don't see how his reveal would make him suspicious at this point. 

I don't like our odds of a random lynch right now. Kira has come barrelling out the gate but that is largely the play style from what I can tell, but it bears watching all the same to ensure we're not just blindly dancing to the tune of the mafia.

Because there was no kill last night, I am somewhat comfortable with a no lynch today.

Vote: No one

• We're running out of time to make a decision. While it's not too late to start up a new topic to discuss, I frankly can't be bothered to put in the effort after the weak response earlier so someone else'll have to do that.

And if not, we have to decide on who, if anyone, to lynch. Especially since we want to give them a chance to respond and defend themselves.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Portius said:
    Additional question @Vivet. Do you have to dump a pokemon on a different person every night, or can you just drown the same person in pokeballs every time?
    I haven't asked Sylandra yet, but will do so. However, I will point something out here.

When I sought clarity on whether I -had- to hand out a pokémon every night, Sylandra expounded on her reasoning by referencing the shopkeeper from the last game. She thought it was an interesting idea, but didn't like the execution and the fact that it went largely unused. So my role is designed to ensure I -have- to make choices, while also playing up the blithe naivety that was signature to my role-character. I expect, then, that if I purposefully attempted such a tactic, it might end up with unintended consequences, or she would simply go ahead and make RNG decide for me.

We'll see what she says, though. Go ahead and PM me with your thoughts, @Sylandra.

(I think it's amusing we're delving into the actual meta behind my role now)

Vivet said:

We'll see what she says, though. Go ahead and PM me with your thoughts, @Sylandra.

(I think it's amusing we're delving into the actual meta behind my role now)

*waves hands in menacing type-y gestures*

Vote Count:
    Silvanus: Kiradawea (1)
    Kiradawea: Shaddus (1)
    None: Lavinya (1)

With 15 alive, it takes 8 votes to lynch.

(If no lynch is reached, the Dayphase will end as of January 27th, EST)

Daraius said:
    Okay, so this is how it is.

If I try to give a pokémon to someone by my own volition, that is an "error" and I will need to pick someone else. If I don't, RNG decides.

But, hypothetically, if I am somehow deceived or forced into trying to give a pokémon to someone who already has one in their possession, that will result in a failed action and we proceed as though I were roleblocked. I guess people having more than one would be too OP.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I may know what role you got.

I'd strongly prefer we lynch someone, but without any leads that hold much water we'd be shooting in the dark.
    I really don't have a good feel for who is town or who might be scum right now either.

Which I suppose brings up another point. Do we want to discuss what I ought to be up to tonight? If you want me to be predictable and see what happens (or if the redirector will strike twice), I -could- try to give Celina another pokémon. Or I could just pick someone else. Yay, nay? Discussion of some form, at least.

• Honestly at the moment you're the only person that I feel is probably town, so I think just leaving it up to your discretion is fine.  Maybe a few more days in we can start agreeing on who to send Pokemon too.
  • Agree with Lehki. You should be the one who decides who gets what pokemon. Not the busdriver.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Did you not learn from the Night Vale game that voting no lynch means you're scum, @Lavinya?

But since we're looking at a choice of 'random' lynch or no lynch, I'd prefer to lynch.

So since the only thing that stuck out this day phase for me was Silvanus + 'I have a post restriction, but am unsure how they work?', which just seems off, I'll

Vote Silvanus
    I think he means he's unsure how not following the post restriction pans out. I think it's safe to assume a fair number of us have them, since our roles are from previous games, or loosely based on the memorable parts of them. He may have to act like the player who had his role in the first game acted, whether it's presenting cold hard FACTS or dropping enough drag queens to float the next three seasons of All-Stars.

Not saying I agree to a no-lynch, just not fully on board with lynching over a game mechanic.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    No need to make Scum's job easier. Picking a target for you makes it much easier to predict us. I feel like we should look at the forces driving some of these wild tangents we've hared off on, but don't know that we've time today
  • Yeah. I say pick another target than Cyndarin tonight; if you feel like it, you can always toss her a pokeball some later night.
  • So. I take it the majority's for a no-lynch then?
  • I'm not really for a no-lynch but I don't have a better alternative then that. I personally would be for lynching Vivet because of the risk of pokemon ending up in mafia hands and giving them new powers. However, I think that's my gut over ruling reason and I know no one else would agree to it.
    I think Vivet is definitely worth keeping around. I think this setup was originally for 16 people, cut down to 15, right? And Vivet started with 12 pokemon. I'm going to take an educated guess and say that Sylandra designed this so that Vivet could give one pokemon to each town and none to the mafia, assuming perfect play. The ratio of town to scum makes sense, anyway. I think the town comes out way ahead with those odds.