The Meta Mafia Game - XENTHOS(Celina) WINS! Town also wins!

Comments

• I took a lil trip in a rocket ship and had myself a nice hot mug of cocoa. Gonna see if I've got more later when I have time.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I'm a stupid who wrote a post and then hit save draft instead of posting it. My bad.

Anyway, I had a pretty uneventful night. No new and exciting info from here, still working through what we know and trying to figure things out.

Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Is it possible to be killed through the jailing? I'm not sure if Sylandra holds jailing like I do, which protects the person being jailed. If she doesn't, then Ellowyn could have been the unlucky person of multiple party visits.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  •  Rocket ship and cocoa? So like, are all of the various flavors reported the same roleblock/jailor then. We have seen only one per night so far. And I'm assuming you were implying that you were roleblocked, @Ssaliss?

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    It is typical for the jailed to be both blocked and protected, while the jailer is always targettable instead.
  • Okay I'm not sure how my mind went from @Kiradawea to Ssaliss.

I only slept like 3 hours last night. Shut up
  • I don't think I've ever heard of anyone being unprotected while jailed.
  • So where are we going with this day phase? Already having two dead mafia is a strong start and I personally think we'd do best by using logic to figure out who the bus driver is. A bus driver making a move on night one feels like a mafia bus driver to me.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I tend to agree with Othero. 

The way I am seeing it right now, we have some at least partly confirmed innocents: Lehki, Luce, Othero, Vivet. Luce confirmed my lack of night power so I'd like to include myself in there too. I could be wrong but I'm most inclined to trust these guys at this point.

I honestly don't see why you'd janitor someone except to hide their scum status. 99% sure Silvanus was scum (Making me extra happy about voting him off). 

@Kiradawea made a big spiel about getting us to vote (or not) then proceeded to not vote at all herself. I find this curious.

@Tremula and @Breandryn and @Fyler haven't given us much, I'd like to hear more from them. Also Portius, on the fence about him.

All I can offer is what happens to me during the night. I have a very questionable assortment of day powers and my Pokemon. I'd be more than willing to let Luce watch me tonight to prove that I don't have any sort of night power, and all of my powers are very situational for the day phase. I have three in total, one that requires a very specific keyphrase to trigger which will triple my vote weight (the catch is that I can't say it or tell people what it is), one that allows me to drag someone so hard they get excuted (if certain conditions are met), and one that is a mystery until it happens, but involves me being in a certain position in a vote train. 

Based on that last one, I think if I'm the last I'll get something to do with who we lynch. I hope it's information on who, if anyone, from that game is still alive, a power copy, or getting a night power so I'm not twiddling my thumbs. I tried to get the last vote on the Silvanus train, but I don't think the overkill vote counts, since I didn't get a message this morning explaining my power. Going to try and get a middle position, end position, and start position before throwing out random votes. 

And yes, this is convoluted. I think Syl is getting back at me for PokeMafia.

Tremula said:
    I have three in total, one that requires a very specific keyphrase to trigger which will triple my vote weight (the catch is that I can't say it or tell people what it is)
    While you can't confirm, I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume it has something to do with hotdogs. I don't remember this particular game well, though, so I could be waaay off.

I'm kind of at a loss because I've already said most of what I can say while staying polite (ie not outting which pokémon Portius and Othero have) and don't have a particular read on anyone.

We've also had a lot of role reveals/hints and I kind of feel like pushing too hard or in the wrong places might force a town investigator/protector to the surface. Nyeeeeeh, so indecisive!

• Nothing happened to me during the night. I have a night action I used last night, but have not learned anything from it. 

The spaceship seems to be Night Vale themed and we've now seen it twice - sounds like this is the jailing? Do we think it's related to any other known roles?

To be honest, I'm pretty worn out today and don't have the energy to post more, but I think we're starting to get to the point where we can look at voting patterns and night actions to make educated guesses. I'll be watching that stuff and posting my thoughts over time.
    I don't see any reason for you not to say what pokemon I got. Is there one I'm missing? As long as you don't say the power, I don't think it really says anything. But it does help triple-confirm that the pokemon came from you without anyone meddling, insofar as I'd know if you lied or were wrong.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Also, We want a pokemon.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Shaddus' royal 'we' makes me think he must be Elizabeth. Are you Elizabeth Shaddus??? ARE YOU?!1???

I got the impression Shaddus is some divinity or another from Gods and Monsters, or an allusion to it. Maybe even Eventru as a joke.
    Portius said:
    I don't see any reason for you not to say what pokemon I got. Is there one I'm missing? As long as you don't say the power, I don't think it really says anything. But it does help triple-confirm that the pokemon came from you without anyone meddling, insofar as I'd know if you lied or were wrong.
    I don't know what the powers are unless you tell me, that's part of the tricksiness of the role. The closest I can do is make a vague guesstimate based on the identity of the pokémon.

That said, if you don't mind and would like me to name the species, I can go ahead. It would give me a chance to show off what's been available, even if in a minimal fashion!

• Tremula said:
    All I can offer is what happens to me during the night. I have a very questionable assortment of day powers and my Pokemon. I'd be more than willing to let Luce watch me tonight to prove that I don't have any sort of night power, and all of my powers are very situational for the day phase. I have three in total, one that requires a very specific keyphrase to trigger which will triple my vote weight (the catch is that I can't say it or tell people what it is), one that allows me to drag someone so hard they get excuted (if certain conditions are met), and one that is a mystery until it happens, but involves me being in a certain position in a vote train. 

Based on that last one, I think if I'm the last I'll get something to do with who we lynch. I hope it's information on who, if anyone, from that game is still alive, a power copy, or getting a night power so I'm not twiddling my thumbs. I tried to get the last vote on the Silvanus train, but I don't think the overkill vote counts, since I didn't get a message this morning explaining my power. Going to try and get a middle position, end position, and start position before throwing out random votes. 

And yes, this is convoluted. I think Syl is getting back at me for PokeMafia.
    I had a similar power in the gods and monsters mafia and I really recommend turning on alerting for this thread. It gets annoying but really helped me get those last votes in.
    Forgot to mention it earlier but oh boy, I have just the -perfect- pokémon for Shaddus if I make that decision.
    Vivet said:
    Portius said:
    I don't know what the powers are unless you tell me, that's part of the tricksiness of the role. The closest I can do is make a vague guesstimate based on the identity of the pokémon.

That said, if you don't mind and would like me to name the species, I can go ahead. It would give me a chance to show off what's been available, even if in a minimal fashion!

Yeah, might as well name it.
    Okay. I gave Portius a Skitty! She likes smoked salmon and the aroma is one of the few things that can break her from the trance of chasing her tail.
    @Othero I do keep notifications on, but if I'm at work I only have very short timeframes to check the game, which makes this a challenge if we aren't voting during the weekend!

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    One thing I want to draw attention to: I'm not an investigator. Me not seeing someone take an action just means they didn't take an action. I can basically confirm my targets so far have not been the bus driver (because they only visited one each), but that's all I can say unless I follow someone to a target that ends up dead.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I thought we decided Lavinya was Elizabeth :/
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    I thought Lavinya was Tekora?
  • Okay I think most of us can agree for now that Vivet, Luce, and Other are probably Town players. Leaving us with 8 folks to look at. Personally my gut is leaning towards Lavinya at the moment, just because she's kept insisting on a lack of night power. I'm curious what powers she does have then. If nothing else comes up I'm willing to put pressure there, since if she's telling the truth there's not much risk of forcing the doctor/cop out.
    Nooo I was accusing people of being Elizabeth. For reasons.

I have two day powers which are rather unexciting, but given both are one-shot ideally I -don't- want to have to use them to prove my word but if it keeps me alive, I can. 

I am not Tekora but I do play a role made famous by her and my posting requirements are exceptionally amusing and involve recreating some...infamous...quirks. Ahem.

I'm also not sure about Shaddus.

• Lavinya, is your daypower to create false positives on my scumdar? Cause if not, can you please stop? I've already got you pegged as non-scum from back during day 2.

And yes. I'm saying I got jailed. Same thing happened to me tonight as what apparently happened to Tremula last night. Now then, I think we're getting real close to figuring all this out. We may not have much new information today. But!

During night 2.

Vivet sent a pokemon to Portius. Confirmed by Portius.
    Lavinya did nothing. Claimed by Luce.
    Luce tracked Lavinya.
    Someone jailed Tremula. I can confirm the flavour so I'm inclined to believe her.
    Ellowyn killed Ssaliss.

I feel we can assume all those statements to be true. This means that Lavinya, Vivet, Luce, Tremula and the jailer did not off Ushaara during night 2.

Furthermore, Othero claims to have been part of Ushaara's Mason group. The existence of a Mason group isn't to doubt since it's part of a mod reveal. We also had a confirmation that Ushaara acted last night and that it was not to kill anyone. So I'm very sure that Othero is town.

And now we go back to night 2 again. Because remember!
    Othero was blocked. This accounts for his and the blocker's action.
    Someone mocked Shaddus. That's another action unaccounted for.

Let us combine that with what Tremula proclaimed today. That she has only day actions.

This gives me a rolesheet that looks something like this.

1. Tremula [Unknown daypowers]
    2. Vivet [Inventor]
    3. Lavinya [Unknown daypowers]
    4. Breandryn
    7. Shaddus
    8. Kendra/Portius
    10. Dylara/Kiradawea 
    11. Luce [Tracker]
    12. Othero [Reporter]
    14. Lehki [Unknown night action]
    15. Fyler/Cyndarin/Celina/Niradnic

Furthermore we know that the jailer role exists out there, and that there is a busdriver and that there is a blocker. All those roles should still be out there, since during the night where Lehki was admin banned, busdriving and blocking did happen elsewhere, and Silvanus was caught doing a different action. Furthermore, since I was jailed tonight, Silvanus can't have been the jailer either. Silvanus may have been the mocker, but if not that's another action unaccounted for.

Also, rebuilding the role list from night 2 showing actions.

1. Tremula [Jailed]
    2. Vivet [Gave out pokemon]
    3. Lavinya [Did nothing]
    11. Luce [Tracked Lavinya]
    12. Othero [Blocked]

Among these we will find the jailer, busdriver, blocker, possibly mocker and at least one scum. If there's a doctor and a cop in the game, then... well. We've pretty much won.
    4. Breandryn
    7. Shaddus
    8. Kendra/Portius
    10. Dylara/Kiradawea
    14. Lehki
    15. Fyler/Cyndarin/Celina/Niradnic

So the question is. Do we want a mass-claim from these six. Or should we just go ahead and lynch Shaddus on the grounds that no mafia kill happened during the first night when he was roleblocked?
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    Oh wait, I was looking back and realised Shaddus also mentioned cocoa when first bringing up their apparent block - I forgot about this.

Othero had the spaceship stuff happening night 2, and on night 3 Kiradawea had both the cocoa and the spaceship, with no report of cocoa sipping I can recall for night 2.

Might be important points to set into our minds going forward.

IIRC Kira reported having "half a power" too. Still not quite sure what to make of that. 

Mafia know who mafia are, so if they are amongst the remaining unknown roles then they likely know who they'd want to hit next if they want to stymie any investigation revelations. Full claim may be useful for town, but it might also be a bit too helpful for narrowing down scum targets for the scum... merp.

*flail*

Ok, I think I need to claim. I didn't want to yet, but information. I think it'll probably give us enough infor without an investigator needing to claim, and it'll clear up some questionable stuff.

Hi, I'm Portius/Kendra and I'm the doctor. This is why I've been insisting that people are making a questionable leap for thinking Shaddus got blocked on N1.

My (technically also Kendra, but I'm just going to claim everything) actions:

N1 Shaddus
    N2 Vivet
    N3 Luce

Now, Shaddus reported a message after N1. That could be from me, or it could've been from someone else. But I'm assuming it's from me. My fluff is vague enough that it might not be, though. Hard to say.

Now, interesting thing: Vivet and Luce did not report getting messages after I doctored them. This gives me two options: Either they only get a message if I'm successful and I successfully kept Shaddus alive N1,  or Shaddus got targeted by someone else.

That having been said, no deaths on N1. Which is consistent with Shaddus getting doctored. So my best guess at N1 is that vigilante did not act, mafia targeted Shaddus, I kept him alive. Hence no kills. Guessing Ellowyn wouldn't have used one-third of her killing power at random, after all. Mafia targeting Shaddus would imply that he is town or 3rd party.

----
    So, I'm guessing you can add Shaddus and myself to the innocent list. And I can confirm myself as town more concretely, too. My odds of dying just shot waaaaay up, so I'm thinking I should blow my one-shot at the same time. I was hoping to save the power for a late game investigator to make sure they got a chance to report, but that's looking like it isn't necessary.  Do we want to bring Ellowyn or Ushaara back from the dead?