The Meta Mafia Game - XENTHOS(Celina) WINS! Town also wins!

Comments

• To clarify I'm suggesting we lynch one of those four, block/jail 2 of them, track the last one.

It is possible that we did have a second investigation immune scum, or that Portius or Luce are still scum, but I really doubt either of those are the case, so I really feel like we've got this locked down, just mechanically.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Breandryn said:
    several people now have commented on forums about how inexperienced and poorly played the shopkeeper was last game, and...it's not really a secret who that player was (me), so I've felt kinda bummed about the game from the start.

Maybe I missed these comments along the way, but I feel like you might be reading more into what people are saying than is intended.

Some people looked at the role and thought, "Oh, this was a really neat idea but it was a shame it went underused" - one of them just so happened to decide to pick up the concept again, but retool it in order to get the result they wanted to see from it: dicey decisions/luck and surprise powers to go around. In this instance, a fault is seen more in the design of the role itself, and the role is adjusted to better facilitate the desired effect.

Getting an unorthodox role is always tricky when you're in new territory, too.

@Lehki That is all quite interesting. I never would guess Ssaliss as a rolename. I can see why you were hesitant to come out, but I do feel like you provide us with some critical information.

I think the Busdriver should claim next, or whoever it is that can redirect even if it isn't busdriving specifically. We've had town busdrivers in the past, so this isn't out the window necessarily - and this is supported by the apparent lack of busdriving since the first night. They appear to be making their decisions carefully now. On the other hand, they could just be doing the mafia kills instead if they're scum. We are likely to have an easier time trusting you if you speak up rather than being called out by Luce/Ushaara in the future.

• I am the bus driver. I am not scum, just never had this role before.
    Okay! And now I am super duper curious what pokémafia role you might be, but don't say it! I want some time to torture myself with theories because I'm odd like that and you've already showed your hand on the mechanical side.

Also bedtime for me, see ya'll tomorrow.

• Okay...

Being a total newb in forum mafia, all that stuff going on in previous pages is rather dizzying. I guess, since @Lehki's done some good detective work up there I might as well just come out with what Kiradawea/my role is rather than try to make it interesting and flail (very likely btw).

Kira/I am the jailer. 1st night, jailed myself, 2nd night abducted @Tremula in my spaceship, 3rd night jailed myself in the ship and had cocoa. And I'm sorry if my reveal takes some fun out of the game in any way, just thought this might be the safest option since I'm still trying to get my bearings!
    "May this be the first of many new experiences for you, Heart of the Crescendo," Czixi says, smile quirking. "The future is an exciting place."

https://estelss16.deviantart.com/, visit if interested.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    So the spaceship jailer appears to be the Sheriff of Night Vale and a 'half power' claim makes some sense if Kiradawea was restricted into having to jail herself on alternate nights or whatever, since Ssaliss jailed himself for most of that game.

Fyler one thing that is sticking out to me is you said that you got a generic 'nothing happening' night message which seems odd for someone claiming no night powers.

@lehki I knew it! :)
    Though at the risk of putting myself under suspicion, I'll say that Sylandra might be having fun with a naive cop again, and my tendency to have 2 + 2 = 5 type conclusions at times!
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    In Nightvale mafia, Ellowyn was a busdriver but also town (am I remembering right?) So it is a possibility. You've told us that much @Breandryn, so you may as well tell us who you have been targeting each night.

You know at this point I'm thinking it's pertinent to full reveal. @Vivet is correct, I am Princess Claude from reign as made famous by Tekora. I have to post in a certain way during the day to have my vote count. (For fun, try and guess what they are! There are three different things, one might be difficult but I have 100% confidence that my posts are accurate and clear and you'll work it out.) I have two one-shot day powers, one being vote block, the other being mayor (double my vote). 

Lavinya said:
    I have two one-shot day powers, one being vote block, the other being mayor (double my vote). 
    I have such high hopes for the activation texts on these... but for now, to work.
    If one of them isn't Ssh Elizabeth! I'll be a sad face. 
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Well, I might as well go ahead and say that whoever guessed it earlier was right. I'm RuPaul herself, made oh-so-famous by Celina over their many years here in the forums. My posting restriction is at least one shady comment and one drag queen gif every day, which is why you've seen me be uncharacteristically pointed. <_<

I've not lied a single time, I have no night powers, I was jailed on Night 2, and the only reason I didn't mention the block on night 1 is because as soon as we didn't have a night kill I knew I'd get blamed for it. However, with both Ssaliss and Silvanus (even though he was janitored, we're all pretty sure this is correct) on the mafia, is it that hard to imagine they would do something so meta as not kill on night one to toss even more confusion into the throng?

I don't want to die today, so I won't, but I have my doubts that I'll survive through the next few days, even without a night power, hence my full reveal over the past day. Gut instincts are good to follow, y'know?
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."

• Ushaara said:
    So the spaceship jailer appears to be the Sheriff of Night Vale and a 'half power' claim makes some sense if Kiradawea was restricted into having to jail herself on alternate nights or whatever, since Ssaliss jailed himself for most of that game.

Fyler one thing that is sticking out to me is you said that you got a generic 'nothing happening' night message which seems odd for someone claiming no night powers.

@lehki I knew it! :)

I got no flavor message whatsoever last night so I am at the whim of our overlord Sylandra. I not only have no night powers, I have no active powers whatsoever. I am, however, bulletproof. Aka one time nightkill immunity. 

Since we're all revealing...

I am Xenthos, the forums crusader. As made famous by....Xenthos. My voting restriction is I must either be pedantic or correct someone in some form or fashion. You'll see where I did this with italics. I win with town, because I simply cannot stand all of you getting this whole game wrong. Why is being correct so hard of you you people?
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • See now I'm more suspect because, as Ellowyn put it.

Ellowyn said:

"Wait. Wait. What's happening?" Silvanus asks, horrified as they advance. "What are you going to do?!"

"Flag all your posts!" one cackles.

"All... all of them!?!"

"ALL OF THEM."

We Xenthos'd him?!

That's not nice of us.  Not nice at all.
    Though that would be a bit heavy handed and obvious of Sylandra, I think.
    Haha. Nice role, and satisfied-ish for now.

I'll Vote Tremula

Lavinya is saying she didn't notice any block text since she only has day actions. Tremula is also claiming only day actions but did notice the busdriven block text. Something's off.
    vote tremula

I agree with ushaara. If she had no night powers, why did she get messages? I haven't had a single one since I got my role sheet. 

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Votecount:
    Kiradawea/Xeii: Tremula (1)
    Tremula: Ushaara, Lavinya (2)

With 12 now alive, it takes to lynch.

---

(@Othero's Ampharos has used DISCHARGE! All daypowers have been BLOCKED for the remainder of this dayphase!)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Ushaara makes a very good observation. Given the lack of solid leads otherwise and the distinct diversity we are seeing with roles, and my not really being able to get a read on anyone via flavour, I would be in favour of a Tremula lynch as well.

I will withhold from voting for now, however, given how swiftly the last train chugged along.

Is there anything else we really need to discuss for this day?

Also @Sylandra, good job on strong-arming Xenthos into the game even if he isn't technically playing.

Oh my bad, Ellowyn was scum busdriver. It was the gods and monsters mafia I think? It had a not scum busdriver? I FORGET. One of the games did. So I'm not sure it's inherently mafia or town. I still would like to know who @Breandryn targeted each night if she has time.

Lavinya said:
    Oh my bad, Ellowyn was scum busdriver. It was the gods and monsters mafia I think? It had a not scum busdriver? I FORGET. One of the games did. So I'm not sure it's inherently mafia or town. I still would like to know who @Breandryn targeted each night if she has time.
    In the touhou game, Kalaneya was town in spite of being a bus-driver. That one's easier for me to remember since I'm the one that dragon'd her out.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I'm also generally OK with a Tremula lynch, but I also want to see a list of Breandryn's night actions first if at all possible.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
    Aha touhou. I knew it was one of them.

• I can get on board with lynching Tremula, yeah.  But let's hear Breandryn's target list.

Vote: Tremula
  • I'll chime in I'd like to see Breandryn's target list before moving on. At this point I'm buying Kira/Xeii's explanation and I think Shaddus' trap just was not as clever as he thought it'd be.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    It wasn't so much as a trap, as Our getting tired of Kiradawea attacking us out of spite, and later on malice. We will admit that We do not have absolute proof of Kiradawea's guilt, nor Fyler's. Only heavy suspicions.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Night one I bussed Celina and Tremula.

That had fun results, so night two I bussed Celina again, this time with Ssalis. That also got fun results, but people's posts made it sound like maybe I was being too chaotic, so I've sat out since then.
    Wait wait. Night two was when Ssaliss died, right? So you're saying Ellowyn targeted Celina for her vig but it hit ssaliss? Someone please let me know if I'm remembering wrongly.

• My hero! 

Why am I always a target. :(

Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • From my standpoint, I think so. However there are pokemon floating around so I am not sure if they were involved.
    Did you see a message for the switch, @Fyler? Or @Tremula when you were switched?