The Meta Mafia Game - XENTHOS(Celina) WINS! Town also wins!

Comments

• Well, it wasn't me but I suppose that's the obvious response. I've already claimed, and Lavinya was my suspect and I'm at a loss for a better argument. So...I've got nothing further for you!

Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I think I was a pretty convenient suspect. Just gonna leave this here.

Vote Fyler

• Vivet said:
    Just for you, @Sylandra

Okay! So, details.

I got Cyndaquil back at the very start of the night and it is still in the PC.

I've felt like Ushaara has the best shot at helping us locate scum at this point if he chooses well (investigations might be more shaky), so I gave him what I think might be a -better- pokémon in the hopes it can help keep him alive even if he goes unprotected. I don't know. Either way, we'll see! I hope you got your new friend, @Ushaara.

Oh yeah, and some shadowy nefarious person burst into my room and I hid behind my Shaymin while Sylandra did the hard work.

Because, ya'know, you have to expect Champion Alec to have Plot Armour. I just didn't mention it because mentioning it didn't serve any purpose to town at the time. Better if I look like a convenient target on a future night. But since the Purrloin's out of the bag, no need to be shy about that power anymore!

*heartylaugh*

Was this a one time thing or will you need to be protected in the future?
  • Wait, that sentence made no sense. Are you night kill immune or should people keep you in mind for future protection?
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    @Vivet I want to see this night message when the game is over!
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Othero said:
    Wait, that sentence made no sense. Are you night kill immune or should people keep you in mind for future protection?
    I feel like it's better to be vague to keep the mafia second-guessing on how they should handle me, but if Portius demands specifics I will confirm my current status for him.

@Tremula I'll just post it in the main thread when the game's over I think, along with all the little notes I'm writing to go along with the pokéballs!

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I wouldn't reveal the full extent of the power on my account. I'd rather not have them knowing if I'm likely to protect you or not.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Makes sense!
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Fyler did nothing last night, I watched him.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Was anyone bussed last night?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Never mind, Bre was blocked. Unless she bussed herself and someone else, actually.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Right now we need to know if Ushaara received a pokemon. If so, the only two people who've either not claimed, or claimed a role that hasn't been substantiated and could have acted last night are Portius and Othero. Breandryn was blocked by Shaddus, Lav was jailed by Xeii, I watched Fyler do nothing and my tracking was established a couple days back, Lehki's investigator is strongly implied by Klaus Fuch's false miller (reverse-miller? Investigation Immunity? Whatever.) role so I'm tentatively ruling him out.
  • I can definitely confirm that Shaddus is Eventru. He is very bright and loud.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Ha, Sylandra is OP in this game too!
    Vivet said:

I've felt like Ushaara has the best shot at helping us locate scum at this point if he chooses well (investigations might be more shaky), so I gave him what I think might be a -better- pokémon in the hopes it can help keep him alive even if he goes unprotected. I don't know. Either way, we'll see! I hope you got your new friend, @Ushaara.
    Guess my choice last night wasn't the best one then, didn't spot anyone else approaching Portius. It's hard to pick who the mafia priority will be with so many powers claimed! :P

This is usually the way for me, identify one scum and then play terribly for the rest of the game!

But I got your sweet, sweet pokemon and will activate her now.

Go, Gardevoir, I choose you! Use Future Sight!
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited February 2017
    A Pokemon battle has begun!

Trainer Ushaara says, "Gardevoir, I choose you! Use FUTURE SIGHT!"

Under Gardevoir's piercing psychic gaze, it first seems as if nothing has happened. Then, with a decisive nod, Gardevoir sends up three streams of colored energy, which pierce the sky above meaningfully.

Gardevoir has revealed that there are THREE* remaining players who are not town-aligned in this game.

(*Note: This number makes no distinction among alignment, such as mafia versus third party. It simply includes the total number of people who are currently not town.)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • That is a damn good pokemon. Also a higher number then I was expecting. I was thinking one mafia and a survivor. Maaaaaybe an arsonist but the evidence wasn't there.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Yeah, I'll go out on a limb and guess two of those are mafia and one is third party, with the possibility that Silvanus was town and was janitored to convince us we are further ahead than we are. Oooor we might have two rival-y types again, but those tend to win when the other is eliminated and what we have right now doesn't seem to indicate such flavour.

That said, I just realised I can't remember any flavour reveal for Luce. We just know he's a tracker, no?

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I'm among the town, and it's far enough along to entertain better guesses. Suffice it to say that my role is very, very meta. Even within the context of the Maia games before this one.
  • Luce said:
    Fyler did nothing last night, I watched him.

Thanks @Luce.  

Suuuuck iiiit haters. It's hard to defend myself based on nothing, because, as I've claimed I really can't do anything but exist and argue during the day. Being boring is a tough job. I'm debating if being this boring was Sylandra throwing shade at Xenthos.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Well we can probably put whoever said they were Togepi (was it Breandryn?) on the non-town list.

Other than that, I've no immediate strong feelings on whoever the other two are. Though since everyone has power claimed in some fashion or other, inclined to say it's one mafia and one other, rather than two mafia.

But it now puts us at what? 7 Town vs 3 Others? Starting to think that Sylandra expected there to be more deaths than there have been.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    We would suggest that there is indeed an arsonist. One of Our powers makes Us immune to them.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I'm staying open to the idea of Fyler having a stealth kill, but the reveal of there being 3 non-town does mean rethinking some stuff.

@Shaddus if that is true, I'm going to assume that Silvanus was the Arson and that's what he hit me with.
  • Lehki said:
    I'm staying open to the idea of Fyler having a stealth kill, but the reveal of there being 3 non-town does mean rethinking some stuff.

@Shaddus if that is true, I'm going to assume that Silvanus was the Arson and that's what he hit me with.
    Okay, I'm over you at this point. Explain the watcher immune stealth kill, because I'm going to require suspicious and aspersions being cast towards me to be explained clearly at this point, with specific reasoning and evidence. What game was a watcher immune killer present?

• Well the Nightvale Mafia had one. I forgot who was the player, but the Nekotai from Glom had this one shot. 

Veil: Your attack will be undetectable by any other players.

And last night, we had

Players:
    Vivet  - Was attacked + gave out pokemon, both confirmed by Mod

Ushaara - mod confirmed watcher, saw nothing on Portius

Othero - sent us that lovely weather report

Breandryn - claim she was blocked, confirmed by the blocker and there's no evidence of any bus driving last night

Shaddus - blocked Breandryn, backed up by Breandryn

Lavinya - claims she was jailed, which is what I saw last night, and I'm sure @Xeii will confirm that when he can

Xeii - still need to hear from him but I'm sure he'll say he jailed Lavinya

Portius - claims he doctored me, but I saw nothing

Luce -  claims to watch Fyler and saw nothing

Lehki - claims to investigate lavinya and saw she was jailed, but she announced that before I could

Fyler - claims nothing

So in my eyes, Vivet, Ushaara, Othero, Breandryn, Shaddus, Lavinya, and Xeii's actions last night are pretty well accounted for, which leaves us looking at Portius, Luce, myself and Fyler for the attempted killer last night.

Portius rezzing Ushaara is a pretty strong indicator of being Town. Perhaps he was a scum with a very visible day rez power? Did he rez the only confirmed town to establish himself as town? Or perhaps rezzing her recruited her to scum? Could be, could be. He's also been very vague/confused about what the flavor of his doctoring might be, perhaps he's making it up?

Luce I'm inclined to believe does have his tracker power since he knew my target Night 1. A scum with tracker sounds kind of odd to me, but can't discount it, is certainly possible.

Fyler claims no night action, and Luce saw nothing last night. But hey, I think we've seen crazier things than the possibility of a 1-shot stealth kill, I think that's definitely a possible scum power.

Out of those 3 theories, Fyler having a stealth kill is the one I'm most inclined to believe. Which is why I mentioned that.

• And like I said before, there being 3 non-town remaining meant I had to do some re-thinking. And I came up with that explanation for Portius on the fly 'cus I was being crazy crazy Ushaara. But now that I think about it more I actually kind of like that idea? Hrmmmmmm
  • Thanks. That being said, we aren't talking just 1 person. We're talking 3. Do you believe all three are true?
  • No, not all 3. Gardevoir said 3 non-town, not 3 scum. And we haven't seen any confirmed 3p yet. I'm guessing that it's at most 2 scum left, with probably Breandryn as a 3p, though could be anybody, really.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    The only reason we think Luce is town is his tracker power, right? He could easily be 3p tracker 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Didn't know the investigator had his eye on Lavinya. Yep, I beamed her up on my sheriffy spaceship for the night. 
    "May this be the first of many new experiences for you, Heart of the Crescendo," Czixi says, smile quirking. "The future is an exciting place."

https://estelss16.deviantart.com/, visit if interested.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I think I've been pretty explicit about my doctor power, insofar as I can be explicit. I am Shakespeare. Willy Quiverpole* himself. My fluff is writing the script for the victim's night. I get a one word description of the type of night that I write.

As for three people, we might want to consider a triggered event turning someone 3rd party. I haven't paid close enough attention to past games to know if they've come into play, but I do know that Tremula wrote at least one into Pokemafia (although it didn't happen.) I doubt we'd see anyone turning scum, but a switch from town to survivor or something might be in the cards. It seems like a really high number to me, and a lot of people are sort of accounted for, which is why I suspect this.

*Geddit? Because they're synonyms of shake and spear. I am hilarious.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.