The Meta Mafia Game - XENTHOS(Celina) WINS! Town also wins!

Comments

• I did mention my role name when I revealed power, actually? At least I thought I did. I'm Oppenheimer.

• UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Oh right, so you did. I forgot.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Thinking back on it, the last time we saw a resurrection power, it was scum-based. Vivet's resurrection in the Pokémafia was fueled by one of the cults killing me. I'm thinking Portius may've been able to revive Ushaara either with or without conversion. We haven't actually confirmed he can doctor, just took him at his word thanks to the resurrection power. I'd prefer to focus on him as an Occam's razor, but I admit that ninja skills are a possibility, if an annoying one.

Especially since Fyler is only claiming a single power that's passive? That's worth looking into later since I think everyone has at least one active power, but for now I would like a role reveal from her.

(Also, I'm not revealing my role because it's complicated and likely to get me lynched on principal. I'm from three different games though.)
  • Ok so Luce is Ratatoskr. Also Fyler already claimed that she's Xenthos.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Close. I'm actually RATATOSOLLUX!
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    So, why is Xenthos bulletproof?
  • RATATOSOLLUX? ROLASKATOX?!??

Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • OKAY FINE. You guys are totally going to lynch me for this but whatever. You guys won't leave me alone even though I haven't done anything. TO BE CLEAR, I have not revealed the full breadth of my role because I want to win, and I can currently win with town and town is currently closer to victory than scum. I have strong suspicions that I will not remain town if killed. SO without further delay...

First I need to explain that 1) I can't quote the role, and 2) it reads as intentionally vague, but specific enough that I can draw some obvious conclusions.

I am Xenthos, and I still win with town. Or I should say I am currently Xenthos. I am not "bulletproof," in that I can die but I won't...stay dead so to speak. The role power strongly indicates I will come back, but not as Xenthos. Which means Xynthin. I should clarify that this goes for death either by lynch or nightkill. 

I don't know anything about Xynthin's alignment or powers. He was a righteous bastard in game so draw your own conclusions. If I die, I believe I will flip roles to something else with new powers. I can't give much more guidance than that. 
  • Oh, to expand briefly, I didn't mention the lynch thing because I didn't really want to give you bitches a reason to test it, and mentioning the nightkill after our vig was dead kept me safe from the mafia. 
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Ok, that could be a bluff, but it's also the kind of thing that Sylandra would do. It's plausible enough that I don't really want to test it if I don't have to. If you did make it up, A+ for coming up with something that's reasonable enough and has enough consequences for failure that I don't want to call you on it.

Clarify, though: Does "can currently win with town" mean that you can only win with the town right now, but you expect that to change if you die, or that this is one of the Tremulan 'third party except you can also win if one side wins' type things, like you and Rolsand were in Pokemafia?
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
    I guess this is a more important version of that question: do you think that you could reasonably be one of the people who showed up as not-town in the count?
  • My current role says I win with town with no caveats. No town + seperate win condition a la Rolsand in Pokemon. I don't think I'm one of the 3 showing as not town based on my current role. 
  • That's... interesting. 

Okay how about, we lynch Lavinya today for lack of a better consensus on who last night's killer was, and Xeii can jail Fyler tonight? So no risk if she's actually the killer or if she's telling the truth and scum decides to test out her claim and let loose an angry god?

Vote: Lavinya
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Votecount:
    Fyler: Lavinya (1)
    Lavinya: Lehki (1)

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Lynching me won't help town at all guys. If we're scared of calling fyler's bluff i would agree with Ushaara and prefer to vote for Breandryn.

• I'd also be fine with Fyler, Breandryn or Portius lynch if town feels more strongly about any of them, my preference in that order.
  • I personally feel strongest about Breandryn. I don't think that bus driver power has helped out the town and the claim of always reading as scum sounds false to me.
    Lavinya, is your mayor power a boost to a vote weight of 2, or is it a bigger increase?
  • I suspect Lavinya the most for reasons I've previously stated. That being said, we know who Breandryn's bussed 2 scum players. That's some pretty good guess work, assuming she's not scum herself. Since we know Breandryn's target list thus far, killing her gives us more info than if we lynched Lavinya.

Still though, I prefer Lavinya as the next target. Her erratic positions read third party to me. SK Tekora isn't that much of a stretch.
  • Actually, now that I typed it out, a non scum bus driver hitting a member of the mafia the first two nights are pretty damn slim chances. Unless she knew who the scum were and was directing things towards her allies. 
  • I hit you (@fyler) both nights! You seemed like a common target. I figured bus driving doesn't do much for investigation if nobody else targets the people besides me, so I just picked people who seemed likely to be targetted for SOMETHING by others to see what I could learn and maybe see if some people lied about their night actions not knowing things were swapped around!

Am I using the power wrong? I thought that would be a clever way to use it, since I don't really have any other way to get info.
  • Could be totally random, I'm just saying it was either really good aim to hit Ssaliss and Tremula or you knew they were. Either are possible, I was just pointing it out.
  • Heh, yeah, I got lucky, though Tremula kinda seemed like an obvious one to go for. He was very loud.
    My Mayor power gives me 2 vote weight.

• UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Interesting reveal from Fyler.

Lavinya has certainly given me a run for my money in the wacky theory department, but still nothing definitely indicating scum to me.

I get that other people have to consider my alignment having shifted on my return, but given that it didn't, that puts Portius in the clear for me.

Vote Breandryn

"Find my trainer" motivation doesn't really add up for me, especially if she targeted the same person twice.
    UNVOTE

I appreciate your confidence in me, Ushaara. I also don't believe that Portius or Ushaara are scum. Let me spread some FACTS, my beautiful indisputable facts - a bus driver is rarely town, and when they are, it's aknowledged that using their powers only hurts the town looking for answers 9 times out of 10. Her story about Togepi is also pretty flakey and unverifiable unless we let her use her power on Lehki, someone the scum would love to see dead. Who is to say that wouldn't open him up for a kill? Which would be a freak accident of course. Anyway, I'm on the crazy train but I don't see the down side to lynching someone whose powers have no benefit to town, and whose unknown potential powers might be dire to us since there is no way of knowing what they are. Seems risky.

VOTE BREANDRYN

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    As Lavinya outlines the cold hard FACTS!!!1! of the vote trains, postings, and claims thus far, her logic is seen as indisputable. Her vote is now worth two votes for the dayphase.

Votecount:
    Lavinya: Lehki (1)
    Breandryn: Ushaara, Lavinya (3)

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I still don't know how we got on this, there were only three possible culprits for last night. But fine, if it gets things moving, Vote: Breandryn
    Mayor is pretty much always a town power, right? I don't think I've heard of a scum mayor power, anyway. So maybe Lavinya proving that she has the power is a point her favor, although can't rule out Sylandra subverting role expectations.

Now, post restriction:

Friends, Lusternians, Counrymen, lend me your ears;
    I come to bury Breandryn, not to praise her.
    The evil that women do lives after them;
    The good is oft interred with their bones;
    So let it be with Breandryn. The noble Lavinya
    Hath told you Breandryn was ambitious:
    If it were so, it was a grievous fault,
    And grievously hath Breandryn answer’d it.
    Here, under leave of Lavinya and the rest–
    For Lavinya is an honourable woman;
    So are they all, all honourable women–
    Come I to speak in Breandryn’s funeral.

--William Shakespeare with help from Portius, Julius Caesar

Vote: Breandryn
  • Lavinya said:
    UNVOTE

I appreciate your confidence in me, Ushaara. I also don't believe that Portius or Ushaara are scum. Let me spread some FACTS, my beautiful indisputable facts - a bus driver is rarely town, and when they are, it's aknowledged that using their powers only hurts the town looking for answers 9 times out of 10. Her story about Togepi is also pretty flakey and unverifiable unless we let her use her power on Lehki, someone the scum would love to see dead. Who is to say that wouldn't open him up for a kill? Which would be a freak accident of course. Anyway, I'm on the crazy train but I don't see the down side to lynching someone whose powers have no benefit to town, and whose unknown potential powers might be dire to us since there is no way of knowing what they are. Seems risky.

VOTE BREANDRYN
    I just want to quote this for you for later when you try to murderstabkill me again. If you think Breandryn is scum, she bussed me with two known scum members, which would have zero benefit for scum to bus between themselves. So I'm curious why you think I'm scum/lying if you feel this way about Breandryn? The math doesn't add up to me. Just something I wanted in writing before we kill Breandryn. 

Also, unrelated, but was there a warning from Sylandra that people will flip a lot in this game? Or was that another game?

Lavinya said:
    beautiful indisputable facts
    BEAUTY IS SUBJECTIVE. That counts as pedantic, I don't care what anyone says.

Vote: Breandryn