The Elder Wars Mafia! Morgfyre and Malmydia Win! (Lavinya/Ushaara)

Comments

• I voted no lynch first, how come nobody is looking at me? D:

And is there anybody here that really thinks the Traitors are not going to be playing a part in this? Despite what the win condition says, Elders vs. Traitors does make a lot more sense for Mafia then vs. Soulless Gods. Though the idea a number of us on a voting council of Elders are actually the Soulless Gods and somehow nobody else notices is pretty funny to me, and would not put it past Silvanus.

Point being, I don't think Xeii using the word Traitors is all that interesting, or anything to throw any flags up about.
  • Shaddus said:
    The probability of Xeii being an enemy simply because she voted for a no lynch is negligible. There is no actual correlation between the two, no matter how much Fyler pushes it. In fact, it is more likely to harm than help us to randomly point fingers at those around us.
    I didn't push hard for it. I just voted because I don't like fast no vote bandwagons like the last game. Then people who were very clearly not named FYLER picked apart her response. That's a pretty blatant misrepresentation of the situation. 

Scum tell: misrepresenting the town to incite conflict. 

IJS.
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • Fyler said:
    I'm going to mix things up and vote for a no voter. 

Vote: Xeii
    Here's my vote post. I'm concerned with your level of misrepresentation. 
  • Lehki said:
    I voted no lynch first, how come nobody is looking at me? D:

And is there anybody here that really thinks the Traitors are not going to be playing a part in this? Despite what the win condition says, Elders vs. Traitors does make a lot more sense for Mafia then vs. Soulless Gods. Though the idea a number of us on a voting council of Elders are actually the Soulless Gods and somehow nobody else notices is pretty funny to me, and would not put it past Silvanus.

Point being, I don't think Xeii using the word Traitors is all that interesting, or anything to throw any flags up about.
    Really? To me it implies the Xeii has a non-town win condition. Elders vs. Traitors does make a lot more sense. It is exactly what you would assume the win condition was if you were not town and did not know the actual win condition. Xeii using the word traitors is very interesting because it is exactly what you would assume the truth to be if you did not know it but it is not the truth.
  • I will add to that I don't think Xeii is a Soulless. They would know that they are Soulless. Xeii would most likely be some flavor of innocent 3rd party or some traitor faction who was not told in the beginning that the Soulless existed in this game. 
  • Yeah, Xeii was one of those on my List of Suspicious People. There's one more on there. There's also a couple of people who are on my List of People I Trust (For Now)
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    My read was that Xeii was roleplaying as Krokano/Tauro. So don't think she's Soulless, but do think third party is likely.

I'd be down for a lynch to see if my hunch was right, but happy to wait and hear more.

Does seem like it's a bit of the Luce effect* too, which is unfortunate on Day 1.

(*i.e., roleplaying drawing too much attention on yourself)
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Falaeron said:
    Yeah, Xeii was one of those on my List of Suspicious People. There's one more on there. There's also a couple of people who are on my List of People I Trust (For Now)
    Already? Dang, you work fast.

I'm easy. Lynch Xeii or don't. But the more people misrepresent the case against her, the more suspicious of her I get. Smells like collusion.

You can make a solid townie case for a no lynch that doesn't involve re-working why people want to lynch Xeii, yknow. But messing up the pool of information is less townie friendly.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I am still unconvinced, and feel Fyler is quite a bit more confrontational than They should be. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Agree with the thought that third party possibly with some relation to Traitors is more likely than Soulless, if this suspicion pans out, because the Soulless would also be aware of the main conflict in this game. And I am generally not very keen on allowing third parties to linger, benign or otherwise, but we might as well try to learn more about this potential lead before we take action.

So, withholding my vote until we hear from the accused.
  • Shaddus said:
    I am still unconvinced, and feel Fyler is quite a bit more confrontational than They should be. 
    Funnily enough, I'm not convinced either! I am bothered that you would argue that I was pushing hard for Xeii, and when confronted with the actual post, you twist and deflect back at me rather than providing an explanation.

Since you avoided it, can you explain where I pushed hard for Xeii?

In other news: I'm confrontational. More obvious news tonight at 11.
  • Sylandra said:
    Falaeron said:
    Yeah, Xeii was one of those on my List of Suspicious People. There's one more on there. There's also a couple of people who are on my List of People I Trust (For Now)
    Already? Dang, you work fast.

I'm easy. Lynch Xeii or don't. But the more people misrepresent the case against her, the more suspicious of her I get. Smells like collusion.

You can make a solid townie case for a no lynch that doesn't involve re-working why people want to lynch Xeii, yknow. But messing up the pool of information is less townie friendly.
    I agree with this. I'd say it is Fyler and I pushing this and I'm not even that interested in a lynch. I don't think this is worth a lynch yet. I just think it is worth some answers and I've said as much. Xeii said a weird thing. I want to know why they said that weird thing. I'm in no camp right now as far a lynch or a no lynch.
  • Shaddus said:
    Ok, no you don't. I was on the fence but I'd actually prefer to Vote: Shaddus. I'm being way more confrontational then Fyler. I'm pushing this more then Fyler. The difference is that Fyler is an easy target as other mafia games have shown and has a reputation as being "Aggressive". You're fishing for the easy target.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Othero said:
    Shaddus said:
    Ok, no you don't. I was on the fence but I'd actually prefer to Vote: Shaddus. I'm being way more confrontational then Fyler. I'm pushing this more then Fyler. The difference is that Fyler is an easy target as other mafia games have shown and has a reputation as being "Aggressive". You're fishing for the easy target.
    Shaddus is definitely one of the two I would FOS, first being Xeii. Lehki borders on third, but am not sure.

It's hard to ignore that Xeii said something odd if you're reading, and if you feel that they didn't say anything odd, then why not say that instead of "don't bandwagon Xeii for voting no lynch!"

Still withholding a vote until I'm more confident though.
    Also yes, I thought we all knew by now that @Fyler is 50% Drag Queen gifs, 50% Alcohol, and 100% Confrontation. So why is Fyler's being confrontational even supposed to be noteworthy?

I am an Elder Goddess, and I am disinterested in being fingered in any way. I am in no way attached to this Xeii, but I do not see a mistake, nor a problem with what Xeii has posted. If none of you wish to approach this with a logical frame of mind, we will be devoured by the Soulless post-haste.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Sequentially, Xeii posted that she did not wish to vote randomly. Fyler posted that he wished to vote for a non-voter, and voted for Xeii. Xeii responded and asked Fyler why he thought she was a traitor and not someone that we might need to keep around. Some of you are reading far more into her words than you should. We should not be jumping at shadows; we should instead seek clues and information.
    Props for a fascinating day one, @Silvanus.

I will admit, Shaddus's constant harping on Fyler (when Othero is charging the most against Xeii) does seem really weird. I also concur with Othero re: Fyler being an easy target, making it suspicious.

If nothing else, I think it's in town's favor to get rid of people who repeatedly misrepresent information. That can get dangerous late game.

Vote Shaddus because I want people to pay better attention. (Caveat: I'm willing to reconsider this vote if others think I should.)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Selenity said:
    Also yes, I thought we all knew by now that @Fyler is 50% Drag Queen gifs, 50% Alcohol, and 100% Confrontation. So why is Fyler's being confrontational even supposed to be noteworthy?

Because I dislike confrontational people, especially on Day 1.
  • Well, I just voted Xeii to get a conversation started beyond the usual crickets and no vote we get on day 0. Sometimes you just throw out the bait to see what it stirs up. My vote reasoning was pretty sparse for a reason. 

Xeii's reaction is odd, and while not outright damning, it is enough to warrant further questioning and to keep in our back pockets.

Shaddus's reaction is more interesting and telling to me than Xeii's. I've prompted him to explain his argument twice at this point, and his last post was...uh...unconvincing. 
    It seems an Othero/Fyler/Selenity team is forming up early. Interesting. -jots down notes-

Xeii's reaction was normal to being accused of being a traitor, or at least a being we do not want in our midst. You may lynch me or not as you wish, but I can say that it would be unwise to lose anyone just because you seek someone to get rid of, and are paranoid. I would suggest that if I am indeed lynched because I stood up for Xeii, and one of these three is later found out to be an undesirable, the rest should be investigated by anyone else able to do so. 
    I'm left out of the potential scum team? Ouch, you wound me. <\3

I doubt you have anything to fear though, tbh @Shaddus. We will probably run out of time before the 11 votes needed could pile up anyway (that said, I don't vote if I wouldn't back that lynch).
    Daraius said:
    Shaddus said:
    Xeii's reaction was normal to being accused of being a traitor, or at least a being we do not want in our midst. You may lynch me or not as you wish, but I can say that it would be unwise to lose anyone just because you seek someone to get rid of, and are paranoid. I would suggest that if I am indeed lynched because I stood up for Xeii, and one of these three is later found out to be an undesirable, the rest should be investigated by anyone else able to do so. 
    Alright so I'm calling your bluff.

If you're lynched and not a Soulless or a Traitor or some sort of baddie, by all means, investigate me first.

Vote: Shaddus
    Selenity said:
    Shaddus said:

If you're lynched and not a Soulless or a Traitor or some sort of baddie, by all means, investigate me first.

An interesting bluff. Is it possible that some of the elders who are traitors have masks to make themselves look like the rest of us?

(as an aside, I'm headed to work and won't be able to respond as easily for the next 11 hours)
  • You're straight out avoiding the argument I'm making. No one accused Xeii of being a Traitor with a capital T. Xeii said that they were being accused of being a Traitor with a capital T. The town win condition is Elders vs. Soulless. So it would make more sense for Xeii to want to know why they were being accused of being a Soulless and not a traitor. I said "That's weird, explain why you said that". Your missing the argument and your entire defense of it has been either that Fyler is being aggressive, they're not, or that the words don't really matter, which is a bad argument in mafia. Mafia is 100% a game of the words you used and why you used them.
  • Shaddus said:
    Selenity said:
    Shaddus said:

An interesting bluff. Is it possible that some of the elders who are traitors have masks to make themselves look like the rest of us?

(as an aside, I'm headed to work and won't be able to respond as easily for the next 11 hours)
    I wish there was a sad button. I'm liking this exchange.
    Othero said:
    You're straight out avoiding the argument I'm making. No one accused Xeii of being a Traitor with a capital T. Xeii said that they were being accused of being a Traitor with a capital T. The town win condition is Elders vs. Soulless. So it would make more sense for Xeii to want to know why they were being accused of being a Soulless and not a traitor. I said "That's weird, explain why you said that". Your missing the argument and your entire defense of it has been either that Fyler is being aggressive, they're not, or that the words don't really matter, which is a bad argument in mafia. Mafia is 100% a game of the words you used and why you used them.
    Wait, you're using the argument that Xeii inferred that there are Traitors in the game without being told so? Why would there not be?
  • Please stop voting for Shaddus.

I'm reading from Shaddus that he (She) is part of the Triumvirate which who will place the Traitors in exile and is possibly hinting at the possibility of being masoned with Xiell.

We need to hear from Xiell and not just people speculating about what Xiell might have meant.

What we have so far is two reasons to know about the soulless threat. 1. Town 2. Soulless.
    We also have three reasons to mention Traitors but not soulless.  1. Anti-Traitor town/cult. 2. No clue what's going on and just reading the theme.  3. Already a traitor.

I doubt anybody in camp 3 would be as aggressive as Shaddus is being about his line of reasoning.
    Especially considering the text at the start speaks about Fain and His Coterie.