The Elder Wars Mafia! Morgfyre and Malmydia Win! (Lavinya/Ushaara)

Comments

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Sylandra said:
    Hm, think you're missing an Othero vote for Shaddus, @Silvanus.
    You are right. 

First day is a doozy.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • *first day is boozy

Well, it was for me.
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Holy cow a lot happened while I wasn't looking. Most interesting 1st day phase I've seen in a long time.

Reading it all in one go as I just did, I'm inclined to believe Shaddus misread (I do it all the time, I can't judge)  and it's pretty obvious after he went back to look at it again that his opinion changed, not so much because people were arguing with him or voting him. 

I think in a game this big it really would give us vital knowledge to see a lynch, but I'm not convinced as yet that anyone is obviously deserving of it. Happy to hold my vote a while longer.

• I don't know about the rest of you, but when I saw that my win condition was the defeat of the soulless I had to do a double take and reread my roll. The way the initial page was set up, I thought for sure the main threat would be the Traitors.  Now, I'm just assuming they are a cult.

@Xeii 's comment that she just thought Traitors would be a good catch-all name for enemies sound to me like somebody who doesn't have a town win condition or didn't read it.  Since Xeii didn't claim to not read it, I have to Vote Xeii.

• I would prefer to avoid a no-lynch. So much happens in these games during the night and lynchtrains are one way for us to investigate and find guilty.

Vote: Xeii 
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    That's 3 Xeii votes now, yeah?

I said before I could get behind a Xeii lynch, but I'm going to sit on the Shaddus lynch train until more of you push for Xeii. If it's near the end of the dayphase, I'd prefer a lynch versus no lynch because in a game this large, knowledge is power. And we have room for error.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I'm going to get on the lynch train for Xeii as well.  Why not.

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    edited February 2017
    Vote Count, Day One:

No Lynch -
    Lehki, Xeii, Yomoigu (3)

Shaddus -
    Sylandra, not Celina, Othero (3)

Xeii - not Falmiis, Weiwae, Breandryn, Ellowyn (4)

It takes 11 votes to reach a majority in the First World
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Ellowyn said:
    I'm going to get on the lynch train for Xeii as well.  Why not.

Ya darn ninja-poster, posting right before Silvanus posts the count!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • What can I say, I was born from a troll.
  • Weiwae said: KikkI
    I don't know about the rest of you, but when I saw that my win condition was the defeat of the soulless I had to do a double take and reread my roll. The way the initial page was set up, I thought for sure the main threat would be the Traitors.  Now, I'm just assuming they are a cult.

@Xeii 's comment that she just thought Traitors would be a good catch-all name for enemies sound to me like somebody who doesn't have a town win condition or didn't read it.  Since Xeii didn't claim to not read it, I have to Vote Xeii.

Yeah. I could think of several reasons a town would argue they were accused of being traitors, but I don't buy that it would be a good catch-all name for scum. So with that said (if the phone allows),

• Oh, I've read my role and win conditions. No mention of Traitors, I'll give you that. Last time I ever jump to quick conclusions in Mafia..
    "May this be the first of many new experiences for you, Heart of the Crescendo," Czixi says, smile quirking. "The future is an exciting place."

https://estelss16.deviantart.com/, visit if interested.
  • I really should be giving a decent defense here, but I'm still somewhat overwhelmed right now. WHAT HAVE I UNLEASHED. 

Oh and I noticed a mention of me seeming like I'm rping Krokano or Igaso. Nope, I'm a First. And not Fain. Not sure if I'm allowed to state the name outright so I'll just leave it at that (pardon my newbness!)
    "May this be the first of many new experiences for you, Heart of the Crescendo," Czixi says, smile quirking. "The future is an exciting place."

• EDIT: Krokano or Tauro.

• ... Why would you not be allowed ro say your name?
  • Because they said they're new so they don't know?

@Xeii, you are allowed to but it's tricky- if you think it'll help you though..  but maybe see where the lynch train goes first before you reveal.
  • Wait a second, Xeii was in the meta mafia game.

Well, well, well, I smell a rat!

• Which I joined pretty late. One game isn't enough to turn a newb into an expert...at least not this one XD

• I don't think anyone expect you to be an expert after half a game, no. Knowing you're allowed to say who you are, however, is a relatively basic thing, and while it's in no way beyond the realm of possibility that you didn't know that, it's still a red flag. It's not exactly an uncommon tactic for new scum to claim ignorance. Look at Breandryn last game, for instance.
  • Yeah, I'm sticking with Shaddus. I think Xeii messed up and did not read their role correctly. I think Shaddus might of done the same thing. If Shaddus did do the same thing then it is far more inexcusable from a mafia veteran. The other option there is that he didn't make a mistake and that this was a way to feed Xeii what to do. 
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Trying to decide on whether this was innocent roleplay slip or no, and whether we just made a mountain out of a roleplaying word-choice molehill.

In the same 'Traitor' post, Xeii does mention 'Our fight against the Soulless,' which can perhaps be read as showing some awareness, especially since Silvanus' opening post leads toward thinking of Fain's Coterie as the mafia. Plus, I think we were all expecting Traitors to feature in some fashion here, so very possible that quick roleplay post -> use of Traitors. So could just be roleplay confusion.

But what's harder to justify for me is the 'scum guys better get a mask to show off' post, as that does seem to be fairly clear evidence of a lack of awareness that Traitors /= Soulless, and for that I'll

Vote Xeii
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    You know, sometimes it's crazy but other times there is genius in your theory crafting Ush. It does read as logical to me. 

vote Xeii

• So... That puts us at 7/11? Just saying, that puts us in executioner territory.
  • Must try to stop lynch train. For my toooowwwwn. 

My role? Meridian the witch doctor. Oddly enough it says doctor, but I can protect one person and win with town when all Soulless are gone. Can't think of much more to defend myself with than 'was just too eager for rp, made headache-inducing mistake,' though...

And that mask thing was just a comment I threw out jokingly. Will definitely more careful with what I say from now on, Mafia's intense.

• UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Interesting coincidence that you say witchdoctor, I was running scenarios in my head and thought you might be a witchfinder role, tasked with finding Traitors. Though you then said no mention of Traitors in the rolesheet...

Anyway, I'll Unvote for now and consider, just in case we do have a silent executioner about.
  • Yep. To stave off executions,

Unvote
  • Xeii said:
    Must try to stop lynch train. For my toooowwwwn. 

My role? Meridian the witch doctor. Oddly enough it says doctor, but I can protect one person and win with town when all Soulless are gone. Can't think of much more to defend myself with than 'was just too eager for rp, made headache-inducing mistake,' though...

And that mask thing was just a comment I threw out jokingly. Will definitely more careful with what I say from now on, Mafia's intense.
    Why did you write witch and cross it out?  Why is Meridian, from the first circle, a doctor?
  • Me and my big joking mouth :( 

As for the doctor thing, the loss of Amberle drives Meridian to keep his allies safe as best he can, and so I can protect one player every night.

• Xeii said:
    Me and my big joking mouth :( 

As for the doctor thing, the loss of Amberle drives Meridian to keep his allies safe as best he can, and so I can protect one player every night.
    These two eyes are peering at you @Silvanus!

From HELP WEIWAE
    Creche brother of Tae, and an intuitive healer of the third circle, Weiwae first learned of His latent talent to transform into a deadly defender of all that He loves during the time known as Mysrai's Revolt. When the group with Amberle failed to negotiate with the Heralds of Magnora, Weiwae put all his efforts into healing with the Hamadhi upon the Ethereal plane at His favorite healing mound within a well kept garden. His time devoted to healing the injured during the Elder Wars however was cut short by the great exodus to the Void.
    I shall Unvote. Who was lurking during all this?
  • One moment, and I'll make a postcount :D