The Elder Wars Mafia! Morgfyre and Malmydia Win! (Lavinya/Ushaara)

Comments

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Memoirs of Lolly Pringle: The Return of the Emperor

543 Year of the Imperial Empire

The terenti arrived in great numbers, those huge one-eyed giants standing heads above even the tallest orclach. A pack of loboshigaru, the wolf-like beings rarely seen in those days, came howling with glee at the prospect of bloodshed. I must admit they frightened me as every furrikin cub was always warned that if he misbehaved, “The loboshigaru will come and eat you!” But most distressing of all were rank upon rank of taurians, their great horns glittering in the hot sun, their bovine nostrils flaring in anticipation. Never allowed to gather in such large groups since the Stampede Massacres, now here they were in numbers great enough to ignite their awful group rage. The Gaudiguch Council wouldn’t allow them within the city’s walls, however, and only allowed the Emperor to address from the walls. But it was only a matter of time before their numbers became great enough that Gaudiguch would have no choice but to allow them access to the Emperor.

"That doesn't seem right, but that seems to be the only thing I remember. Something seems wrong..."

Falmiis was: 

Krokano 

Tis a shameful thing to admit, but I gloried in this war. I was Krokano, of the Golden Circle, and war agreed with me! This was the battle the Second Circle was meant to fight. Not punishing mad half-formeds or vanquishing rudderless consciousnesses that manifested in the Void, but true combat, where the stakes were high and the outcome far from certain. I wondered if the others felt as I did. Though we never spoke of it plainly, I saw the lust for battle growing in Morgfyre's eyes day-by-day. And, of course, there was Orlachmar. Ah, Orlachmar! What a cipher he was. The only one who ever benefited from Fain's Elixer. Sometimes I wished it were me who received its miraculous properties. Orlachmar was so much more stronger and faster than before, deadlier in every way. But, then again, sometimes I'd look into his eyes and see something that made me grateful it wasn't me.

Elders: You win with the town when all Soulless are defeated.

One-Eyed: Every night phase, you can choose to watch someone during the day. If they raised a disruption field, you will intercept any messages sent. Technically you still have two eyes as far as the timeline goes, so do not assume any information based on this power. 

With 19 Alive, it takes 10 to lynch!

Day Two begins now, will last one week until 3/9/17 at 8pm US Eastern.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Wait, so during night phase, he could pick someone to watch who could communicate during the day via message?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Shaddus said:
    Wait, so during night phase, he could pick someone to watch who could communicate during the day via message?
    That's what it sounds like. So we have day communicators? Been a while since I saw those in a mafia game.
    Probably someone like Volkh(sp)+Loboshi? 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I'm trying to figure out if "disruption field" is code for day messaging, or something else that day messengers happen to have.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Disruption field sounds like something a fifth circle god might have, maybe, but that's all I can come up with. Totally stumped and left with theorycrafting here. Hmm.
    The name change is interesting too.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Just a heads up, we had a death in the family overnight and as such I may be a bit scarce for a few days, though not absent. Just distracted.

At first I saw watcher and was like damn, very useful role gone but then day watcher...I'm a little relieved I guess because it means we likely still have a night tracker of some sort, though it does beg the question as to who would be speaking through the day and why. It seems odd for it to be a town power unless they were going to potentially hear scum/cult/otherpossibilities rather than a town-aligned mason group. Silvanus and his sly setups.

I just realised the irony of 'a death in the family overnight' and should clarify I did mean in real life, not in mafia. 

• I can't say I've ever played a game with that kind of role during the day? I am not certain just how good it would be and if we lost a valuable asset or..what. Clearly Krokano has the hots for Elixered Orlachmar which is.. awkward? Ew. I saw nothing in the night.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

Oh, that's also interesting. We saw no win-condition reveal here either. Didn't notice until I read Dylara's post and went back up to re-read.
    Wait, nevermind. I am blind.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Good to know Silvanus is still up to his old hybrid-power tricks! This is my first time with a day watcher, and I'm still a bit mystified on how that plays out with the powers we have in this game.

Falaeron/Falmiis is an interesting choice of target, too. Not sure how to analyze that yet.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Sylandra said:
    Good to know Silvanus is still up to his old hybrid-power tricks! This is my first time with a day watcher, and I'm still a bit mystified on how that plays out with the powers we have in this game.

Falaeron/Falmiis is an interesting choice of target, too. Not sure how to analyze that yet.
    Did Falaeron seem like they were distrusting anyone in particular? I'd check but I'm exhausted after my commute.
  • Selenity said:
    Sylandra said:

Did Falaeron seem like they were distrusting anyone in particular? I'd check but I'm exhausted after my commute.
    He did allude to having a list of suspicious people, but I don't think he specified anyone in particular beyond what we covered yesterday. I definitely understand why he was against Xeii claiming Krokano as it was suggested she might be.

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Anyone else surprised that there was only one death in a game this big?
  • Othero said:
    Anyone else surprised that there was only one death in a game this big?
    Completely, either someone got blocked, someone is being sneaky (More likely a SK than Mafia for this, I can't tell who killed Krokani/Falmiis but I am sleepy), if there's a Vig they held back because people tend to gang up on Vig's that kill willy-nilly, or someone got protected. 

Any other scenarios I am missing?

Othero said:
    I was just thinking that myself. There's many possibilities - arsonists, successful block/doctor/jail, cult recruit, deliberate non-action to cause confusion...

I did expect to see more, yes.

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Othero said:
    A bit, yes. Though, if there is a Traitor cult out there, someone also may have been recruited, which is really a quieter way of removing a player from Town's side.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I think having only one kill strongly implies a cult and/or arsonist. I guess we could've gotten really lucky on blocks, but that seems unlucky in light of our numbers.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Speaking of block/doctor/jail up there, I think I got blocked *and* jailed last night. Tried to protect Lehki but I fell into some sort of trap.
    "May this be the first of many new experiences for you, Heart of the Crescendo," Czixi says, smile quirking. "The future is an exciting place."

https://estelss16.deviantart.com/, visit if interested.
    So a single death when the protector was apparently not protecting is even more notable.

If Xeii was jailed, then it might be the case that she was targetted and it didn't go through. Assuming we have someone who can watch at night, they then might know who the likely jailer is along with any other would-be assailants.

If such did occur, this information probably shouldn't be released just yet. Having both jailer and protector outted this early would be double bad, and it might be they get a better hint as to who is the scummy one later on.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Hmm...

I can't really see much of value from yesterday's discussions We did not already discuss. I did not gain any information that bears mentioning last night, though I will need to consult the records to confirm My thoughts. I had a suspicion, but it was laid to rest.

I remain somewhat suspicious of Xeii, but I found the discussion yesterday at least plausible.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Xeii said:
    Speaking of block/doctor/jail up there, I think I got blocked *and* jailed last night. Tried to protect Lehki but I fell into some sort of trap.
    Please clarify for Us: Did You experience what You would describe as two separate actions against You, one blocking, the other jailing, or did a single event cause You to feel both blocked and imprisoned. It is important to be accurate.
  • You can add my voice to the chorus of those surprised at having only one kill. Especially since it looks like at least two means of stopping a kill (protector and blocker/jailer) spent the night together.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Xeii said:
    Speaking of block/doctor/jail up there, I think I got blocked *and* jailed last night. Tried to protect Lehki but I fell into some sort of trap.
    This honestly surprises me, because you claimed doctor last dayphase. It's not normal to try and block or jail the doctor, if you're town-aligned.

Were people that suspicious of Xeii after her lynch train died down? I got the impression that the majority of people were buying her claim for now. Maybe I was the only one who thought so.

Yomoigu said:
    You can add my voice to the chorus of those surprised at having only one kill. Especially since it looks like at least two means of stopping a kill (protector and blocker/jailer) spent the night together.
    Frankly I wouldn't be surprised if a second kill was avoided at this stage. It's remarkably common even in large set-ups for something to pop up and prevent a kill from succeeding.

Would definitely not be surprised by some kind of arsonist or cult in this set up though.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."