The Elder Wars Mafia! Morgfyre and Malmydia Win! (Lavinya/Ushaara)

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    If it's a vig, why didn't they target Xeii or Shaddus? That's what I wonder. They were the ones people were skeptical of the other day.

But night 1 rando vig kills are totally a thing.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Sylandra said:
    If it's a vig, why didn't they target Xeii or Shaddus? That's what I wonder. They were the ones people were skeptical of the other day.

But night 1 rando vig kills are totally a thing.
    Not everybody was on board with either of those two being suspicious. 
  • I don't know, Falmiis was being helpful, not exactly someone I would have targeted as a Vig. I'd have to see his death as non-town done, because he did give off some hints to who he was by responding to.. someone's post I can't remember and don't feel like going back to get the quote who suggested she might be Tauro or Krokano. 

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

I'm with @Dylara on this. Someone probably guessed from his post he was Krokano and assumed he had some kind of all-seeing power they would need to squash (My guess would've been a truth-telling power, anyhow).

Similar to when Luce died because he mentioned being Scottish in Day 2 of the Reign game, and they killed him because they thought he was Mary, Queen of Scots.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Oops, I also called Falmiis a she. Sorry Falmiis. >.>

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    This might be Ushaara-tier crazy, I'm not really sure. But I'm strongly considering the possibility that we don't have a mafia at all. As a refinement of Selenity's earlier point:

Soulless wanted to each everything, including each other, right? I think that was the story. That sounds more like a bunch of serial killers than an actual mafia. At the very least, if we're considering that there might be a lone soulless serial killer, I think we should be open to the idea that they're all independently omnicidal. It would not surprise me if they each had some sort of power to check for other soulless and wanted to each each other, too. Possibly gaining the victim's powers, to keep the total soulless ability set the same? That would explain the two fighting, especially if one of them had a kill immunity that the other snagged or something.

That would imply that they don't have each other's identities and can't communicate. Which is good for us in that they can't coordinate, since they can attack each other or stack multiple kills on one person. On the other hand, terrible for us because it means they can't form voting patterns by acting to protect each other.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Portius said:
    This might be Ushaara-tier crazy, I'm not really sure. But I'm strongly considering the possibility that we don't have a mafia at all. As a refinement of Selenity's earlier point:

Soulless wanted to each everything, including each other, right? I think that was the story. That sounds more like a bunch of serial killers than an actual mafia. At the very least, if we're considering that there might be a lone soulless serial killer, I think we should be open to the idea that they're all independently omnicidal. It would not surprise me if they each had some sort of power to check for other soulless and wanted to each each other, too. Possibly gaining the victim's powers, to keep the total soulless ability set the same? That would explain the two fighting, especially if one of them had a kill immunity that the other snagged or something.

That would imply that they don't have each other's identities and can't communicate. Which is good for us in that they can't coordinate, since they can attack each other or stack multiple kills on one person. On the other hand, terrible for us because it means they can't form voting patterns by acting to protect each other.
    Portius is now senpai because he noticed me.

It's wholly possible, based off of this, that, perhaps, we have THREE Soulless in our game of 20, each who are able to perform a night killl, with no way to communicate with one another. It's not impossible that this could be the set up, with there being no Vig. Or maybe there is a Vig, and they did nothing last night. But if all the Soulless are SK we've got a more difficult game on our hands, especially since said Soulless are able to survive one another...
  • The Soulless, if they are a mafia, could have a targetted skill that does something other than kill. Empower, protect, etc. Othero did you see two Soulless targeting each other or actually fighting? I think the distinction is important.

Nothing happened to me last night, btw.
  • We've got a lot of speculation going on based on Othero's claim when we A) aren't even sure what it means and B) have little supporting evidence for it aside from a lack of deaths which has a lot of possibilities. I'm honestly skeptical Othero isn't just pulling one over on us.

I mean, a random power that gives a vague flavor message about what the scum did that night? Sounds far fetched to me. @Othero can you explain any more about your role that might clarify things anymore?

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    A)
    2)
    C:

Do it like that.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    What I'm getting from this is we need to kill a scum, pronto, so we can figure out at least some of what we're facing at night. Otherwise we can fear SKs everywhere, all the time, forever. :o
    Lehki said:
    I'm honestly skeptical Othero isn't just pulling one over on us.

I mean, a random power that gives a vague flavor message about what the scum did that night? Sounds far fetched to me. @Othero can you explain any more about your role that might clarify things anymore?

I thought this too, but I also think it'd be very risky to bring up that kind of power if you're bluffing on Day 2 of all days. It's so ballsy it makes me trust it more than not. If he is bluffing, this kind of claim can be shakier as the game goes on and some statements are inevitably disproven.

At least it gives us something to chat about; no one else has latched onto any other conversation topics, really. Admittedly we still have four or five days, which is a lot of time to figure out a path to go.
    Daraius said:
    Sylandra said:
    What I'm getting from this is we need to kill a scum, pronto, so we can figure out at least some of what we're facing at night. Otherwise we can fear SKs everywhere, all the time, forever. :o
    Lehki said:
    I'm honestly skeptical Othero isn't just pulling one over on us.

I thought this too, but I also think it'd be very risky to bring up that kind of power if you're bluffing on Day 2 of all days. It's so ballsy it makes me trust it more than not. If he is bluffing, this kind of claim can be shakier as the game goes on and some statements are inevitably disproven.

At least it gives us something to chat about; no one else has latched onto any other conversation topics, really. Admittedly we still have four or five days, which is a lot of time to figure out a path to go.
    Well, if anyone else has something to add about what happened to them last night, we'd probably have lots more to talk about.

Nothing happened to me last night, though, either... probably most of us had nothing happen last night. So we're really just grabbing for answers from nothing.
    Couple things I'm going to throw out, take them as you will.

When I accused Fyler, Breandryn, and Othero of being in cahoots and urging any investigators to check them out, only the first two jumped on that and urged the person to do so. Ballsy bluff relying on some kind of protection, or town knowing they're safe to be checked? Your call. I'm leaning towards the latter, tbh. Othero, not so much.

I'm sorry I didn't read my win condition. Something that someone mentioned in the last day phase was that their role mentions fain's elixir, and not the soulless. Aside from the win condition, nothing in my pm from Silvanus mentions soulless OR traitors. That's why I skimmed it and assumed that our enemy was "traitors", because I kind of wanted it to be. A bad mistake that almost got me lynched.

I'm a little disappointed that Sylandra and Othero basically said that they were ok with lynching me. I almost word for word quoted the win condition for town, obviously town members would recognise it and that I am a member of the town as well, and safe to not lynch. Lynching someone just to hope we get lucky is kind of scummy, and we really cant afford to play the numbers game at this point. Keeping an eye on these two, though not an official fos. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Wait, I was accused of something?
    Shaddus said:
    Couple things I'm going to throw out, take them as you will.

When I accused Fyler, Breandryn, and Othero of being in cahoots and urging any investigators to check them out, only the first two jumped on that and urged the person to do so. Ballsy bluff relying on some kind of protection, or town knowing they're safe to be checked? Your call. I'm leaning towards the latter, tbh. Othero, not so much.

I'm sorry I didn't read my win condition. Something that someone mentioned in the last day phase was that their role mentions fain's elixir, and not the soulless. Aside from the win condition, nothing in my pm from Silvanus mentions soulless OR traitors. That's why I skimmed it and assumed that our enemy was "traitors", because I kind of wanted it to be. A bad mistake that almost got me lynched.

I'm a little disappointed that Sylandra and Othero basically said that they were ok with lynching me. I almost word for word quoted the win condition for town, obviously town members would recognise it and that I am a member of the town as well, and safe to not lynch. Lynching someone just to hope we get lucky is kind of scummy, and we really cant afford to play the numbers game at this point. Keeping an eye on these two, though not an official fos. 
    I believe it was me, not Breandryn, you accused of being in cahoots.

And honestly, I'm okay with being investigated. Still am. :: Shrug. :: Also, I was one of the first people to point out your original win condition claim (before you read your role thoroughly) was incorrect. And I was also one of the first to back off you when you actually read your win condition because, while a silly mistake to make, it happens, and seemed believable. If anyone else tries to pull that at this point though they're getting a lynch vote from me.
    Right, my fault. It was you.  Ahem.
    Selenity and Breandryn sound alike in Ae. >.>
    Shaddus said:

You need to be okay with people accusing you when you make bad calls. It's a legitimate reason to lynch someone, and one that I ascribe to in my mafia play. Call it scummy if you want, but I don't regret anything I said or did last dayphase.

Anyway, it might interest you to know I don't want to lynch you or Xeii today.
    Daraius said:
    (And I would argue Day 1 is precisely when you can play the numbers game, in a game of 20 people. But to each their own.)
    Daraius said:
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Lehki said:

I mean, a random power that gives a vague flavor message about what the scum did that night? Sounds far fetched to me. 

To be fair, if Falmiis ever roleclaimed I'd find his powers to be weird and somewhat baffling too - it's just easier to accept coming from the mod (and it fitting Krokano pretty well).
  • I like lists. Let's make some lists:

Verifiable Facts
    1. Falmiis is dead and was the Elder God Krokano (side note: Krokano is a good guy both canonically and in-game). He was the only one to die Night 1.
    2. Based on Krokano's power, at least one role has a hidden day action. Additionally, there is at least one form of hidden day communication available.
    Claims
    1. The alleged doctor (Xeii) was jailed last night after trying to protect Lehki.
    2. Othero can get a somewhat random sense of what happened during a night phase based seemingly on role names.
    3. Illith and Kethuru are present in this game and fought each other last night, preventing them from killing Elders.
    ...You know, I thought I'd have more to add to the known/claimed list when I first started, but we really don't have much to go on yet. The only hard assumption I'm willing to make is that there IS an organized group of ne'er-do-wells out there, otherwise half of Krokano's power (the day-talk catching half) becomes mathematically unfeasible to count on.
    Is a distortion field what Fain's crew threw down to hide while they chatted? Would it hide both speech and vision?
  • Come to think of it, the math also is strongly against Illith and Kethuru attacking each other (as in each one targeted the other), especially if the No Soulless Mafia theory is considered...something like 1:360? I wonder how literally we can take Othero's message.
    Unless he's bs'ing us.
    Vivet said:
    Lehki said:

I mean, a random power that gives a vague flavor message about what the scum did that night? Sounds far fetched to me. 

To be fair, if Falmiis ever roleclaimed I'd find his powers to be weird and somewhat baffling too - it's just easier to accept coming from the mod (and it fitting Krokano pretty well).
    Having been someone in a game that had weird powers (ayyy @Tremula wassup), I will say it's frustrating not being able to always parse through the flavor. Not necessarily a defense, just an observation. If enough people think Othero's bluffing and want to call him out on it, then it would definitely be an interesting flip, to say the least.

I think a lot of powers this time around are going to be a bit more unusual, though, like Vivet said. In fact I'd count on it.
    Daraius said:
  • I would like to hear clarification from @othero before we read too much into what he said.
    Othero said:
    So here is the thing I'm confused about. I found out last night that Kethuru and Illith managed to attack each other. Because they attacked each other they were distracted from attacking any Elder Gods. I can't decide if that was because we have a bus driver or if we're dealing with two different groups of Soulless. 
    Othero said:
    Tremula said:
    I think Lavinya is correct. @Othero's wording leads Us to believe that the Soulless attacked each other. If He could provide further confirmation of this fact by double-checking His report, it would be most appreciated. Does anyone have any other information they'd like to share about last night?
    Yeah, I know that Kethuru and Illith fought each other for supremacy and distracted themselves from the Elders.
    Othero said:
    Yomoigu said:
    Othero said:
    So here is the thing I'm confused about. I found out last night that Kethuru and Illith managed to attack each other. Because they attacked each other they were distracted from attacking any Elder Gods. I can't decide if that was because we have a bus driver or if we're dealing with two different groups of Soulless. 
    That is incredibly interesting. Did you happen to follow or watch the battle directly, or was it a more general soulless sense?
    It's soulless sense. I get some info on what happens at night. It's a little random.
    @Othero masterpost, you're welcome.
    Daraius said:
  • Ah. Maybe there are 2 mafias, given how big the game is?
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Othero has totally fibbed to make things more interesting during Mafia before (Gods and Monsters Mafia) but that was because that game was going nowhere and he wanted to spur people forwards. That motivation isn't present here, so I've been working on the assumption that he's being truthful.

(In regards to Illith, I was kind of assuming she'd already been cut in half, for whatever reason. I'm not entirely sure what her status is, considering the alternate timeline we're playing in. But if she truly is going toe to toe with Kethuru, she's probably started this game still whole.)