The Elder Wars Mafia! Morgfyre and Malmydia Win! (Lavinya/Ushaara)

Comments

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Phoebus said:

(In regards to Illith, I was kind of assuming she'd already been cut in half, for whatever reason. I'm not entirely sure what her status is, considering the alternate timeline we're playing in. But if she truly is going toe to toe with Kethuru, she's probably started this game still whole.)
    The game starts with an excerpt from the Book of Clangorum. I think it's reasonable to assume anything that happened after that book hasn't necessarily happened yet (see Krokano still having both eyes in his role), but anything before that Book -probably- has (I have zero means of verifying this, just a feeling).
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Vivet said:
    Phoebus said:

(In regards to Illith, I was kind of assuming she'd already been cut in half, for whatever reason. I'm not entirely sure what her status is, considering the alternate timeline we're playing in. But if she truly is going toe to toe with Kethuru, she's probably started this game still whole.)
    The game starts with an excerpt from the Book of Clangorum. I think it's reasonable to assume anything that happened after that book hasn't necessarily happened yet (see Krokano still having both eyes in his role), but anything before that Book -probably- has (I have zero means of verifying this, just a feeling).
    It also starts with a note specifically saying the timeline of our game isn't playing it straight, so...shrugs!
    Silvanus said:

Note: I had to play a little bit with the timeline, so some things may have happened which didn't, and some things that didn't happen may have.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
     I'm...more than slightly dissatisfied with Othero's explanation. I'm definitely keeping My eye on Him, but so far His claim and Falmiis' death are Our only sources of information at present, not including the claim that would include a blocker.

You All have My apologies, however, that I am distracted and cannot contribute as much. I have no ability other than My speech during the day to bring information about, otherwise.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I mean, here's the thing about information. It's not always wise to tip your hand early. And it's not wise either to make the dayphase rely 100% on night information to progress. So maybe we're looking at this the wrong way, and in lieu of definitive information about last night, we should talk about what's been said during the dayphase that might set off some alarm bells.

I'll admit I was going to push @Lavinya a bit, like @Weiwae, but given her RL situation I don't think it's appropriate to do so right now. Which leaves me wondering where to go next.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Here's the thing, we were not really getting anywhere so I handed out what night info I have. I didn't drop everything because obviously I want to keep what I can close to my chest. The more I show the bigger the target I become. I will tell you the rest of it is boring because it's just my role name. Though that wouldn't sway anyone anyways. The best that'd happen is no one else steps up and says that they're also that character and it doesn't move anyone to one side or the other. Everything I got last night is what I gave you. I know that Illith and Kethuru battled each other for supremacy and because they did this they were distracted from the Elders. My power notifies me of what one random soulless did that night. I saw two of them last night because one attacked the other.

Lehki said:
    We've got a lot of speculation going on based on Othero's claim when we A) aren't even sure what it means and B) have little supporting evidence for it aside from a lack of deaths which has a lot of possibilities. I'm honestly skeptical Othero isn't just pulling one over on us.

I mean, a random power that gives a vague flavor message about what the scum did that night? Sounds far fetched to me. @Othero can you explain any more about your role that might clarify things anymore?

I'm not calling you out but I'm kind of calling you out. For those who don't believe me that's cool but you gotta tell me what my reason is for misleading you. What benefit would this disinformation give the scum? If I was scum why wouldn't I just stay quiet and do nothing? 
  • Meta question here.  How often has somebody retired and been replaced, and the role that was replaced ended up being scum related?
    Weiwae said:
    Meta question here.  How often has somebody retired and been replaced, and the role that was replaced ended up being scum related?
    It's 50/50, ish.

Like when Kira and Ellowyn quit in Night Vale, they were scum.

Everyone (3 people!) who quit the last game was town.

Not a great indicator of anything. But that brings up a great point - @Luce, where you at, buddy?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Othero said:
    Here's the thing, we were not really getting anywhere so I handed out what night info I have. I didn't drop everything because obviously I want to keep what I can close to my chest. The more I show the bigger the target I become. I will tell you the rest of it is boring because it's just my role name. Though that wouldn't sway anyone anyways. The best that'd happen is no one else steps up and says that they're also that character and it doesn't move anyone to one side or the other. Everything I got last night is what I gave you. I know that Illith and Kethuru battled each other for supremacy and because they did this they were distracted from the Elders. My power notifies me of what one random soulless did that night. I saw two of them last night because one attacked the other.
    See I wish you had originally just said you knew at least one of them had attacked the other, not " that Kethuru and Illith managed to attack each other.". To me at least, the latter can imply a lot more and weirder things(see: most of the stuff people were theorizing), which I was not buying.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Righto, so options...

A - If Soulless attacking each other was due to a busdriver, the combination of busdriver + Othero's Soulless Sense would mean the busdriver has narrowed one Soulless down to two people.

B - If Soulless attacking each other was due to a "pick a person, force choose their target" type power, both Soulless have been identified by the force-chooser. (wishful thinking)

C - If Soulless attacking each other was due to rival mafia factions, no real help plus third mystery killer of Krokano to explain.

D - Other...

I'm really hoping it's option A as it would give us something solid to go on, but obviously would require the busdriver to come forward.

----

Since the Krokano killer is still unexplained and there are no hints from the flavour, I'm also going to get out in front of something, since I'm wary that the longer I leave it the more it could be spun as something it's not if forced into claiming later in the game.

I'm Malmydia. (Best traitor goddess!)

While my rolesheet is an extract from the Book of Krokano where I'm tearing him apart, I had nothing to do with his death. Nothing triggered for me, nothing about me feasting on his essence, nothing about me now operating on Terentia, no win condition of getting him killed/eliminated etc.

It's also why I'm sure that if there is a Traitor faction, it's not simply the canon Traitors. It may not even have anything to do with Fain's Coterie + Rites of Abomination despite how leading the Day 1 post was since Silvanus likes playing with people's expectations. See my spitballed Second Circle theory...

Might there be an overlap with canon Traitors? Sure, but my only win condition is the same as Krokano's. When the Soulless are defeated.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Derp, third mystery killer part of option C above is incorrect since Othero clarified one targeted the other, not both targeting each other. So might be two mafia groups, one of which targeted the other, the second killing Krokano.
  • So Malmydia isn't the doctor, but Meridan is? 
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Vote Count, Day Two:

No one has voted!

You have 4 days and 9 hours from this post.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Silvanus said:
    Vote Count, Day Two:

No one has voted!

You have 4 days and 9 hours from this post.
    That's because we're totally waiting for @Fyler to just rando-vote someone again.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I'm here now. I posted a bit when the day started, but was running a Pathfinder game yesterday. Anyway, as it stands now the theory that makes the most sense to Me is that either Illith or Kethuru is some sort of blocker who either intentionally singled out the Other or lucked into the best result for us. 

My current thought, or question anyway, is whether it's possible that we're facing two distinct mafias but only one may act in a given night?
  • For lack of a better option at this time, I'm going to get the voting started with a Vote: Ushaara

@Ushaara Your jumping out in front of this is appreciated, but as a canonical traitor your death can teach us quite a bit about the structure of the game no matter how you flip. If town, you prove that what is canon cannot necessarily be trusted and it lends weight to the presence of a Traitor cult out there recruiting members. If scum, we learn the nature of the Traitor win condition and can more comfortably be suspicious of the Twelve moving forward.

My vote isn't set in stone and I am open to hearing others' thoughts, but we need to start somewhere.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Ugh. I don't want to vote for Ushaara, but I can't deny Yomoigu's logic.

VOTE:USHAARA

Give me a reason not to vote for you.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    Ugh. I don't want to vote for Ushaara, but I can't deny Yomoigu's logic.

VOTE:USHAARA

Give me a reason not to vote for you.
    He's a jester? taking pleasure in the pain of being lynched?
    My gut instinct is that Ushaara is telling the truth, but I have nothing to back that up other than my gut. My gut is also telling me someone else is suspicious but I, again, have no proof for that either. I'll keep away from the Ush train for now.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    It's possible we have a jester, but I doubt it. We're safe until we get closer to lynch.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    I'd assume he's telling the truth, because who would lie about being a great target on a day when we don't have much else to go on yet?

But, truth or no, I want that tasty flip information, and this may be the best thing we get today. I'm also nervous that if there is a Traitor recruiting element to this game, they now know where Malmydia is and might go for her if we leave her alone. 

So, Vote: Ushaara
  • Selenity said:
    My gut instinct is that Ushaara is telling the truth, but I have nothing to back that up other than my gut. My gut is also telling me someone else is suspicious but I, again, have no proof for that either. I'll keep away from the Ush train for now.
    Who is that someone?
  • I severely doubt the presence of a Jester in this game. Who among the Gods or Soulless would relish being killed?
    Weiwae said:
    Selenity said:
    Who is that someone?
    Lehki. I don't have any proof for this and I very well might be wrong. He just seems... off.
  • Ssaliss said:
    I severely doubt the presence of a Jester in this game. Who among the Gods or Soulless would relish being killed?
    When we vote them off, do they die or splinter?
    Weiwae said:
    Ssaliss said:
    I severely doubt the presence of a Jester in this game. Who among the Gods or Soulless would relish being killed?
    Krokani being replaced by terenti would suggest death.
    Phoebus said:
    Weiwae said:
    Ssaliss said:
    Krokani being replaced by terenti would suggest death.
    Wait, that was a kill. Voting, don't know. Probably same deal though.
    Ushaara said:

Since the Krokano killer is still unexplained and there are no hints from the flavour, I'm also going to get out in front of something, since I'm wary that the longer I leave it the more it could be spun as something it's not if forced into claiming later in the game.

I'm Malmydia. (Best traitor goddess!)

While my rolesheet is an extract from the Book of Krokano where I'm tearing him apart, I had nothing to do with his death. Nothing triggered for me, nothing about me feasting on his essence, nothing about me now operating on Terentia, no win condition of getting him killed/eliminated etc.

It's also why I'm sure that if there is a Traitor faction, it's not simply the canon Traitors. It may not even have anything to do with Fain's Coterie + Rites of Abomination despite how leading the Day 1 post was since Silvanus likes playing with people's expectations. See my spitballed Second Circle theory...

Might there be an overlap with canon Traitors? Sure, but my only win condition is the same as Krokano's. When the Soulless are defeated.
    This is fascinating.

Here's my working theory based on this information (if true): Fain could be a cult leader who every night must get a god to join his coterie. This is a fanfiction Elder Wars, so it's possible he could wind up converting people who aren't the 12 Traitors, meaning at a certain point your identity as an Elder won't hold as much weight as it used to. Alternatively, this could go the Touhou route and only people from the Traitors would be abled to be converted into a "Traitors" faction.

It's so Silvanus and so misleadingly him that I could buy this cult theory hook, line, and sinker. Might be wrong, but it feels so possible to me.

I hate punishing Ushaara for his information, but I can't deny the logic that seeing Malmydia flip would put a lot of doubts to rest. Mrrgh. Vote: Ushaara. Sorry, buddy.
    Daraius said:
    Well there's a way to be mortals some way in the game.
    Selenity said:
    Well there's a way to be mortals some way in the game.
    What makes you say that?
    Daraius said: