The Elder Wars Mafia! Morgfyre and Malmydia Win! (Lavinya/Ushaara)

Comments

• I will admit to lurking a bit, something came up last night and I couldn't get a post rolling. I should be able to when I get home tonight. It's been a busy ish couple days for me, but I will be free as can be after tomorrow and be able to devote myself more.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Up to this point (barring any ninja-posting), the post count is as follows:
    [spoiler]
    Dylara: 3
    Breandryn: 3
    Tremula: 3
    Portius: 3
    Vivet: 3
    Phoebus: 4
    Yomoigu: 4
    Lavinya: 5
    Lehki: 5
    Ushaara: 7
    Ellowyn: 7
    Ssaliss: 10
    Falaeron: 10
    Xeii: 13
    Selenity: 14
    Sylandra: 15
    Shaddus: 15
    Fyler: 15
    Weiwae: 17
    Othero: 18
    [/spoiler]
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I have cogitated. My position is as follows.

-I would rather lynch either Shaddus or Xeii than skip the lynch. The biggest (but not only) benefit to doing so is a chance at confirming the presence of a traitor faction through either lynching a member or someone with a power that interacts with it.

-At this stage, it is essentially impossible to clearly distinguish between a hasty attempt to conceal a slip and a genuine reading error.

-Xeii is newer than Shaddus, so her making a mistake is much more likely than him doing it.

-Xeii just claimed doctor on the first day. It's probably safe to assume that we have a doctor. Probably no duplicates, though. So if we have another doctor, they would know that Xeii has a high chance of lying, and can reveal this at any time. They should not do this now. Makes Xeii very easy to assess later. Knowing that, I don't really want to risk killing an honest doctor this early when we have other targets available.

-Shaddus left until next dayphase. Might be leaving because frustration, might be hoping to shed heat by not posting.

-Weiwae thought Shaddus might be trying to imply membership in a Triumvirate mason group, possibly with a win condition based on getting rid of traitors. This has minimal evidence, but seems plausible at a game structure level. Kill Shaddus, let him flip, and if it's true we get confirmation that there's a two man mason group with specific targets out there, and confirmation that traitors are a faction. If not (which is more likely) we still get info from a flip.

On the balance of things, I'mma VOTE SHADDUS with the understanding that I am willing to flip to Xeii if we can't get a majority on him.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • What I'm taking away from this exchange at the moment is that the (alleged) doctor was outed day one for no reason other than an excess of pedantry.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    I don't feel confident enough to vote either of those two. I believe they sincerely goofed, so I'm going to Vote: No Lynch.
  • Well, doctor is not good to lynch. If Xeii is lying, at least one of us knows that, so her claim can be countered when needed. If she really is the doctor, we don't want to lynch her. So, Unvote: Xeii

I am torn between lynching Shaddus to get some information and vote patterns started, but I'm also afraid we'll have another important role potentially revealed. Staying no-vote for now and watching what happens.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I see My name tied for last on the overall post count, but as I work an egregious amount during the waking hours of Father Sun, it is a difficult thing for Me to speak up at Our meetings, due to time crunches. I am keeping up with the discussion, however, as you have seen from My comment earlier. 

Now, while some may think that the doctor being outed is a "good" thing (for surely it would provide Us with a source of reliable night information, correct?), I firmly believe that while our resources will now be forced into either:

o The investigation to confirm Xeii's claim and consequent, continual protection of Her.

- OR -

o The faith in Her words and then attempting to find scum early on while still protecting Her.

I'm inclined to agree with Portius' reasoning, however it is worth noting that if We do not vote for Shaddus, We will have no information from Them until the next day phase, by Their own word. I believe should there be a Triumvirate, they would almost always be aligned with Our interests of survival against the Soulless.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Just so this day is over that much faster, I'm going to break my silence just this once and say that no, I am not one of the Triumvirate. Also, GG on outing the doctor. Get on with it.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Yomoigu said:
    What I'm taking away from this exchange at the moment is that the (alleged) doctor was outed day one for no reason other than an excess of pedantry.
    Xenthos is a role again. Surprise!
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • Shaddus said:
    Just so this day is over that much faster, I'm going to break my silence just this once and say that no, I am not one of the Triumvirate. Also, GG on outing the doctor. Get on with it.
    Why have you been posting distinctly like Jadice then? Or are you like...Zvoltz or...another logic god. Is Zvoltz super logic-y? I don't know Hallifax gods well enough. 
    Fyler said:
    Shaddus said:
    Why have you been posting distinctly like Jadice then? Or are you like...Zvoltz or...another logic god. Is Zvoltz super logic-y? I don't know Hallifax gods well enough. 
    He could also be Xyl.
  • Selenity said:
    Fyler said:
    Shaddus said:
    He could also be Xyl.
    He could also be Illith. Unless there are post restrictions on certain roles enforcing roleplay, we have to assume that deception is a thing.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    People die to pedantry in mafia. It happens.

I also think voting someone out due to bad play is reasonable. Imagine if someone did that to Tekora in the Reign mafia. It also forces everyone else to be more careful with their posting, because they know we're paying attention.

I agree with Portius's reasoning re: choosing Shaddus over Xeii. He knows better.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Yomoigu said:
    Selenity said:
    Fyler said:
    Shaddus said:
    He could also be Xyl.
    He could also be Illith. Unless there are post restrictions on certain roles enforcing roleplay, we have to assume that deception is a thing.
    Right, which is why I want to lynch him. He's posting  a certain way, and it's distinguishable and specific, and he's not new so he knows doing that just throws people through a loop.

The he could very well be using a posting flavor in lieu of a claim, because a claim is dangerous. The Triumvirate is probably in this game, as they are huge players in the Elder Wars, so fake claiming one of them would be dumb. So a pseudo claim through a type of posting is both safe and a way to deflect attention. 

Then again he could just be hinting at Xyl. I will say I splintered in the Elder Wars, so it's possible. 

But again, flavor posting is bad mojo. Xeii had an excuse, he does not. 
  • I'm saying that he's experienced enough to know that if he's going to claim a name, he needs to claim a name. Flavor posting simply walks a useless line of no risk, and no confirmation. 

Role is not necessary. I don't think that was the town's fault. Xeii is new to the game, right? A name without a power probably would've gotten her out of hot water in this scenario.
    Side-bar: if you dislike the pushing that's being done on Xeii or Shaddus and want the day to end, you can vote for a "no lynch" and try to make that happen. Otherwise these vote trains are going to fight and claw for 11 votes. Highest anyone has reached so far is 7 (and that lynch train has since dropped to 3). Be sure you are voting so you have some say in this dayphase's events!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    I think our current vote count is...

• No Lynch - Lehki, Xeii, Yomoigu, Selenity (4)
    • Shaddus - Sylandra, not Celina, Othero, Portius (4)
    • Xeii - not Falmiis, Weiwae, Breandryn, Ellowyn, Lavinya (5)
    Good news, that's 13 of us.
    Breandryn unvoted for Xeii. So did Weiwae.
    Daraius said:
    I totally missed that. Well. Attempt numero dos...

• Xeii - not Falmiis, Ellowyn, Lavinya (3)

That look right?
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Selenity said:
    I totally missed that. Well. Attempt numero dos...

• Xeii - not Falmiis, Ellowyn, Lavinya (3)

That look right?
    Thanks! Looks right from what I can tell from my cell phone. 
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • That looks right. Is there anyone else besides me and Breandryn who once voted for someone but have now unvoted?

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I still have My suspicions about a number of things, but there is nothing that can be done without risk to sate them. If information was Our goal, We now have a claim to verify and a path for tomorrow. I am willing to let the night begin, for now.

Vote: No Lynch
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Weiwae said:
    That looks right. Is there anyone else besides me and Breandryn who once voted for someone but have now unvoted?

I unvoted from Xeii shortly after she claimed, yes.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    I'm half tempted to pivot to Lavinya, but since it's not backed up by anything more solid than a Day 1 hunch off the bandwagon, I don't want to press it given how forcing Xeii to claim turned out.

Shaddus/Fyler interaction and the fallout from that was weird, but not sure there's enough there for me to vote for him.

I'll Vote None.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I've had 4 hours sleep and my last post was 1.30am.don't read too deeply aka be gentle with me today. 

Unvote. I don't think scum would reveal doctor like that, too risky.

• Damn it people. Unvote with this revelation and I'll Vote: None for now. Xeii will probably be a target tonight so if we have a watcher it'd be good to watch her.

I don't think it's fair to call it "pedantry" when Xeii and Shaddus both made a very big mistake in misreading (or just not reading) their role and some of us saw it as a scummy thing to do.
  • Ssaliss said:
    Weiwae said:
    That looks right. Is there anyone else besides me and Breandryn who once voted for someone but have now unvoted?

I unvoted from Xeii shortly after she claimed, yes.
    Unless there is a ninja vote, I believe this is the current situation.

No Lynch - Lehki, Xeii, Yomoigu, Selenity, Ushaara, Falaeron, Tremula (7)
    Shaddus - Sylandra, Fyler, Othero, Portius (4)
    Xeii -    Ellowyn  (1)
    Unvoted - Weiwae, Ssaliss, Breandryn, Lavinya (4)

So 16 people who have voiced an opinion and Shaddus who defended himself.

So that just leaves: Phoebus, Vivet, and Dylara  as the lurkers?
  • I refuse! This day was so close to being interesting. 
  • Yomoigu said:
    What I'm taking away from this exchange at the moment is that the (alleged) doctor was outed day one for no reason other than an excess of pedantry.
    Yeah, it's pedantic to call out someone's weird phrasing in a game that's depends so heavily on what you say and how you say it.
  • Othero said:
    Yomoigu said:
    Yeah, it's pedantic to call out someone's weird phrasing in a game that's depends so heavily on what you say and how you say it.
    Nope. The initial comment was strange and required further explanation, something I myself pointed out at the time. It's only when it was still clung to after a reasonable explanation had been given that it became an issue.