The Monk Overhaul is now complete and live. We would like to give a big thank you to all the monks, envoys and testers that helped us brainstorm, design and implement the overhaul.
While we have spent quite a bit of time on testing and double checking AB's, there will likely still be bugs and errors, so please BUG and ABBUG as appropiate. We would also like to note that while we have considered group implications, we have not really had a chance to test the impact on group settings. There will be a special report to help address any glaring issues, whether they are too powerful or not powerful enough. If you have balance concerns, please talk to your envoy!
Lines may still be considered in flux - if you see a new line that seems a bit boring to you, please feel free to pass it onto us, either by way of your envoy or by messaging Ianir.
Regarding suggestions and bugs, please be very specific and tell us where things are and, if applicable, any relevant information to how to achieve that. We're going to be on overload for the next couple weeks, so anything too vague will be sent back and ignored.
Some highlights of a few key differences between old monks and overhauled monks
* Momentum is removed and replace with stances. Monks progress though a set of 5 stances. The order of stances goes Base -> Twist -> Center -> Surge -> Killer. With Twist and Surge stances, you have the option to go High or Low.
* Stances provide two benefits. The first is based on the basic kata stances that will provide passive bonuses until you change or lose your stance. The second is active bonuses based on your monk stances that only activate once on changing stance.
* If you do not have masochism up (IE: Are in PVP combat), your stance will drop 10s after not performing progressing or regressing stance.
* You can use Boosting to give yourself a temporary 13/13 balance buff for 2p. It only benefits the form you are doing
* There is an urchin stance that allows you to move backwards or regress your stance. Using urchin costs more balance or you can use skills like Nekotai Kaife, Shofangi Shotah, Tahtetso Tahto'sho or Ninjakari Ninchu to regress for 2p and no more balance cost.
* Each monk instakill has been normalized to all function similarly, to kill your target based on bleeding/bruising or by possessing certain affliction, or a combination of the two.
There are other differences, but these highlight the big ones. Thank you for being patient with this overhaul. We realize it has been a long time coming, but we are pleased with the result and have high hopes.
You may see a preview of all skill ABS at the following links:
- Ianir the Anomaly
Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.