There is a project that we are currently working on which, in good ol' Holy Celestine Empire fashion, has been dubbed Project Quest. It is not only a rather massive undertaking but also something which is not officially mandated. It is quite frankly a pet project and we are not interested in tying ourselves to a deadline. There is a sleek, comprehensive spreadsheet involved though and, as Havens people can attest, nothing keeps my interest better than stats and charts.
The project consists of three phases which in short are:
1) catalogue all the quests already in the quest system (the one accessed by QUESTS)
2) convert existing quests into the quest system
3) re-evaluate rewards and other minor issues for all the quests in the system
Phase 1 was a bit daunting with 18 fields to fill out per quest and a wealth of places to jump around for information but we are 82% done. You can see the result of some of that in Changelog 986, which includes the noticeable changes. You will also notice that almost all quests now list the giver and associated area as well - that is something we made sure to add while cataloguing. We've also been fixing some issues with quests not being visible (despite existing and being doable), having no or bad descriptions, etc.
We'll be slowly moving to Phase 2 soon but it is not something we are likely to need your assistance with because we have very good quest lists of our own. You have been sending Ianir lists of quests which you would like to use for guild tasks so we have that to go over too. Once we exhaust all of these lists we will ask you for more ideas.
Which brings us to Phase 3 and this post. We will only be doing some heavier rebalancing once we have a clear picture of everything (Phase 1 and 2 done) but far as I can tell already there will, at the very least, be some extensive tweaks to XP and gold some quests reward. Tweaks for the better of course! We'll be looking at ikons, curios, blessings, etc., too.
So this is where you come in. This thread will be here for updates, queries, feedback, but also info from you. We want to keep cataloguing these issues even as we work on Phase 2. Mind you, we are not looking for information about bugs. We know where those demons lie very well and they are being worked on. We are also not looking for information about whose epic quest sucks the most or how we should totally rebalance the whole Sea Battle. That is a whole other thing that this project will not be distracted with and you can expect such posts to go the way of Ned Stark's head. You have been warned.
So what we would like to hear:
- quests which give too small or too large XP/gold rewards
- quests which could thematically award some type of ikon but don't, or they do but shouldn't!
- quests which give blessings which need an upgrade or downgrade - based on quest difficulty/length etc.
- quests which give no rewards
- quests which don't give an honour but you think they should (because of how hard/long they are)
- anything else you can think of that does not involve changing the nature of the quest