The Studio Ghibli Mafia Game! - TOWN WINS!

Comments

• flamethrower or a grenade = Nausicaa

howl & calcifer are considered good characters in movies. dont know if @saobutt is in mafia
  • @Portius the right person I was referring to was the Jailer who prevented me from performing an action on anyone (more importantly on Cyndarin or Yarith) and allowed me to save someone else. 
  • Nausicaa isn't the only war-themed movie. 

As an example, someone mentioned Grave of the Fireflies which is a movie about a brother and sister during WWII.

There were planes which dropped bombs on people and people burned to death including the main character's mom. 

• Sidd said:
    @Ess - Did you read the chain of events? Did you read that before I even voted the first time, I said I wanted to vote for Tremula? That my votes elsewhere both times were to save confirmed townies? It's pretty weird that 'saving a confirmed townie' is 'little to no reason'. Here's some quotes for you so you don't have to go back and search it (bolded, not votes are my emphasis)

Sidd said:
    I hate to do this, but in the interest of protecting Shaddus, and needing at least two people to vote for him, I'm hoping someone follows me on this

UNVOTE
    Vote: Saobutt

I laid my reasoning out pretty thickly for why I wanted to vote for Tremula. I was ultimately wrong, but damnit he made a really bad play. 

I don't see why you voted for Saobutt there over Tremula especially as it was not enough to save Shaddus without other people getting involved so you may as well have gone back to Tremula.

It was just a stroke of luck you got to go back to Tremula at the last minute
    Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
    Probably Kistan but that only has one s
  • Ess said:
    Sidd said:
    @Ess - Did you read the chain of events? Did you read that before I even voted the first time, I said I wanted to vote for Tremula? That my votes elsewhere both times were to save confirmed townies? It's pretty weird that 'saving a confirmed townie' is 'little to no reason'. Here's some quotes for you so you don't have to go back and search it (bolded, not votes are my emphasis)

Sidd said:
    I hate to do this, but in the interest of protecting Shaddus, and needing at least two people to vote for him, I'm hoping someone follows me on this

UNVOTE
    Vote: Saobutt

I laid my reasoning out pretty thickly for why I wanted to vote for Tremula. I was ultimately wrong, but damnit he made a really bad play. 

I don't see why you voted for Saobutt there over Tremula especially as it was not enough to save Shaddus without other people getting involved so you may as well have gone back to Tremula.

It was just a stroke of luck you got to go back to Tremula at the last minute

Here's the simple answer - it's easier to get one more vote than two more votes and we only had 30ish mins left. Saobutt already had one vote, my vote made two, and then we just needed one more person. If I stuck with Tremula, we would need two votes on anyone else in order to save Shaddus. I made the best move for town by changing my vote to save Shaddus. You quoted the post where I said this. 

Bottom line, two people needed to vote to save Shaddus with only 30mins left, I ended up being one of those people and moved my vote.
  • @Sidd I guess with majority lynching you were not doing it to ensure a lynching one was going to happen anyway.

You do hop about a lot though! A lot!

UNVOTE
    Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
    Probably Kistan but that only has one s
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    @saobutt To weed out the truth through your many posed hypotheticals, it seems obvious that you're part of a Lovers role (i.e., two lives connected) and your words last night so clearly fit Calcifer's story (why emphasize your heart, specifically? And we'd be "heartbroken"?). You seem to be backpedaling on having a Lover/partner, even though you continue to make references like "our lives". You also seem unwilling to deny that you're Calcifer, which is really starting to allude that you are. To your credit, I will concede that Calcifer doesn't necessarily have to be the arsonist, but then again, you were allegedly jailed last night and we have no sign of arsonist activity, again. Coincidence?

@Ordassa I dunno if Calcifer/Howl are considered evil but they could very well be third party. I'm really just drawing observations based on some wikis.

I don't want to detract from the other conversations about last night, but I'm pretty confident in my read here. I might take some heat  (literally) for this line of questioning, but I feel like I owe it to Tremula and myself to get it right. 
  • Interesting. I may have emphasized my heart because I may be in love. Who knows? If I was in love though, I wouldn't want to be targetted again and risk my beloved's life. 

Also, Calcifer isn't a villain in the movie. If anything, the only thing he prolly performed villainous acts on was an egg.
  • You'd prolly be heartbroken if you made a mistake and lost more than you were willing to risk
  • Bwah my post was cut off.
    Continuation: I feel like us townies are going in circles and squabbling with each other. We already know I didn't do anything last night yet one person died and another survived an attempted murder. Also, if Ordassa used her power on me, that's another opportunity to gain info lost since the Jailer also used his power on me. 
  • Okay I wasn't really buying into the lover's theory before, but that sounds like an admission to me.
  • Lehki, when you said you got redirected, were you told who you got redirected to?
  • I did, yes.
  • yeah that sounds more like a bus driver than a witch, witch seems like it would be less obvious
  • Don't really see why one would be more obvious than the other. I am leaning towards busdriver just because I feel like that's a more commonly used role.
  • What was the last one we had with a bus driver?
  • It wasn't that long ago, I think... I had a varitaion on it in the Very Vanilla game. And I remember another one maybe a few games before that?
  • haha I just remembered lynch rickshaw
  • Can somebody please explain to me what a bus driver is? I have never heard of this role before since I don't play mafia very often.
  • A busdriver selects two targets, A and B. Anybody else that targets A will end up hitting B instead, and vice versa.
  • Ah, thanks! From the name, I'd never have guessed this function. It sounds like it could lead to lots of confusion and now I understand why people were using it in theories.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Vote Count:
    (None)

With 13 alive, it's 7 to reach a majority lynch.

Mob Mentality is in effect.

(Day Three will end at 9pm EST on Thursday, 10/5, or when a majority lynch is reached.)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Yeah, I think Saobutts actually trying to claim Howl but it does have the feel of someone dropping hints and waiting for someone to give him a usable answer. I'm also going to disagree that the kill was a vig. Sylandra likes giving her vigs the requirement that missing a mafia member strips them of their power and I don't think a vig would pull the trigger blind with that over their head.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Yeah, the Calcifer theory is so awesome imo that it makes me want it to be true, so that's probably skewing my perception bias at this point.

Still feeling like this bus driver could/might be mafia since there was no apparent busdriving on the first night, leading me to believe they might have been the one to perform the kill. There's not much of a conclusion to draw from that just yet, but if they do flip thusly it would give us a lot to work with, 'specially if both swapped parties notice the busdriving.

Which brings us to an interesting point of consideration - did anyone notice a busdriver sort of swap along with Lehki, or was Lehki the only one to notice this happening?

• it is possible the bus driver redirected someone that ended up not being targeted?
  • I'm claiming innocence
  • I think arix probably has the right of it, probably just nobody else hit targets on night 1 or 2.

Here's a question though. Should I say what the two targets were last night? If we're assuming it is scum power is probably useful insight for town.
  • I mean, you could, but the next reasonable question would be 'what was the power that got redirected?', and if we don't need that getting out just yet we shouldnt
  • If you guys are sticking with @Kaimanahi's theory though, I suggest keeping it simple, do your research or at least watch the film =P
    The characters who have been revealed so far have been pretty simple:
    Ponyo = fish/mermaid? = firefighter 
    Yubaba = witch who traps people in the spirit world by stealing their names and giving them new ones until they can't remember their names = janitor
    Sophie = annoyingly curious person who helps break the magical contract between Calcifer and Howl by following Calcifer's cryptic hints cause he can't talk about the contract directly = detective (she was also in love with Howl)

Assumptions:
    Calcifer = a star that fell from the sky, fire demon who powers up Howl's Moving Castle and makes it move, involved in a magical contract which binds him to Howl and the castle and continues to stay with Howl in his castle even after being freed = arsonist? More like, solar power/battery
    Howl = a wizard who rescued Calcifer when he fell from the sky by giving him his heart thereby binding both of them until Sophie helps free them and at one point loses his heart to an evil witch but they got it back from her too = evil partner? I dunno I mean the movie bears his name. "Howl's Moving Castle"
  • Howl/Calcifer=Lovers, that's kinda simple my dude.