The Studio Ghibli Mafia Game! - TOWN WINS!

Comments

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Just in case I die, I'd like to point out that both of these votes have come at 4 and 3 minutes to spare in the day. 
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Unvote
    Vote Tremula
    I am the role detective. @Sidd @Kaimanahi @Saobutt

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Vote Count:
    @Ordassa: Shaddus (1)
    @Shaddus: Lehki (1)
    @Saobutt: Othero, Tremula (2)
    @Tremula: Kaimanahi, Saobutt, Sidd (3)

With 15 alive, it's 8 to reach a majority lynch.

Mob Mentality is in effect:
    Based on the current votes, @Tremula will be lynched at the end of the dayphase.

(Day Two will end at 5pm EST on Sunday, 10/1, or when a majority lynch is reached.)
    ~You have 1minute left to vote!~
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I guess we'll see
    Watch those three, town. I'm out. 

edited October 2017
    THE DAYPHASE HAS ENDED.

Vote Count:
    @Ordassa: Shaddus (1)
    @Shaddus: Lehki (1)
    @Saobutt: Othero, Tremula (2)
    @Tremula: Kaimanahi, Saobutt, Sidd (3)

MOB MENTALITY HAS SPOKEN.

As you drag Tremula off to hang for her crimes, she screams, "I'm the detective! I'm the detective! It's not me you want!"

Then again, Tremula is familiar with bad luck, as she was...

Sophie Hatter from Howl's Moving Castle!

You are a resilient, reliable woman who was cursed by the jealous Witch of the Waste to take the form of an old woman at the prime of your youth. Rather than letting this destroy your spirit, you instead rolled up your sleeves and worked to make the best of your situation. This led you to work for the handsome sorcerer Howl in his mysterious, moving castle. No time for tears, after all! There's work to be done!

Alignment Detective: Unlike many people, you know better than to be deceived by appearances, which makes you a remarkably good judge of character. Every night you wander to another player's residence and quietly judge their motives for yourself. (This will not reveal their name or their ability - only their alignment!)

You win with the Town.

After a day of chaos, the remaining 14 of you return to sleep...

----

IT IS NOW NIGHT TWO.

Please send me your night actions by PM before the twenty-four hours have expired. Otherwise, you will take no action this night. Please do not post in this thread until the next dayphase.

(Night Two will end at 5pm EST on Monday, 10/2, or when all night actions are received.)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    I was waiting for Ordassa to potentially say something, and Shaddus coming in half an hour ago didn't help. So yeah, I guess we'll see.

I'm more interested in whatever gibberish Saobutt is spouting off. 
    (derp sorry)
    edited October 2017
    All night actions are in! Messages will be sent out in two to three hours time due to current RL shenanigans. Please standby.

ETA: Likely won't be updated until 8pm, sorry folks. Today has been weird.

Daraius said:
    NIGHT MESSAGES ARE OFFICIALLY BEING SENT OUT.

DAY THREE SHALL BEGIN SHORTLY!
    Daraius said:
    edited October 2017
    When dawn rises, it is upon a night that has been wracked with the sound of metal and screams. Yet all is not for naught, for on this day, the body that you find is Yarith's on the ground.

And Yarith was...

Yubaba from Spirited Away!

Possessed of a strong dislike for humans (the greedy pigs!), you are a powerful being with a lot of other powerful beings serving under you in your bath house. You hold power over others by stealing their names, making you a mistress of considerable magical ability. Known by some to be cold and inconsiderate, the truth is you are just ruthlessly efficient and unsentimental about profit - save of course for when it comes to your darling baby, Boh.

Consigliere: You can investigate a player's identity and ability each night.

1-Time Janitor: Once you hold someone's name in your hand, you can make it like they never existed. Using this can erase the information regarding any corpse you choose - just be sure to let me know by PM before the death message goes live! This ability can only be used once, so use it wisely.

You win with the Mafia and may confer with its members at night.

Your Safe-Claim is: Haku, from Spirited Away.

----

~It is Day Three~

With 13 alive, it's 7 to reach a majority lynch.

Mob Mentality is in effect.

(Day Three will end at 9pm EST on Thursday, 10/5, or when a majority lynch is reached.)
    Daraius said:
  • sadly i saw nothing last night
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Hmm.

I suppose the first question we should all ask ourselves is, does this seem kill flavour seem different from Silvanus'? I feel like it is a bit, but they are both pretty vague like. It's hard to say if it might be the same killer, or if we have a third-party arsonist who went mark one, detonate one, and this was the result.

Oooor it could have been a lucky vigilante. Hopefully that was it? Either way, knocking out Consigliere early is a definite boon for town.

• Something about metal and screams was in the flavor
    Second point to consider - Yarith was given a safe-claim to work with. Name claims might not mean much, but if someone suspicious is forced to name claim and we have a name-detective, then that might still catch a liar with some luck. Tremula was specified as an alignment detective, so it seems reasonable to expect other flavours of detective might exist.
  • Okay so I did get a message this night, but I only have like a minute right now to speculate. I'm not entirely sure what hit me last night, so I'm just gonna leave it at that until I have more time to think and type.
    Lehki said:
    Okay so I did get a message this night, but I only have like a minute right now to speculate. I'm not entirely sure what hit me last night, so I'm just gonna leave it at that until I have more time to think and type.
    You do know you're going to make me break my brain trying to figure out what it is before you say it, yeah?
  • I don't have much to add right now, unfortunately nothing happened to me last night.
    Well, sorry Trem. I feel a bit bad about how that turned out, because once I had time to properly process, I soon recognized Saobutt's cryptic last-ditch signals and regretted not having her lynched. Early in day one after the arsonist speculation, I read a little on Calcifer from Howl's Moving Castle and postulated here that Calcifer and Howl could be a duo in this game. I am all but certain now that this is true and, moreover, that Saobutt is Calcifer. In the story plot, Howl gives Calcifer his heart, and they become bound into a magical contract. After Sidd and Tremula cast their vote and put Saoirse on the chopping block, she appeals saying "I'm not sure how much our lives are worth". She then further clarifies "my life and my heart are one" and "Basically you're going to lose more". I believe that Saoirse was trying to communicate to Howl that she needed to stay alive to also keep him (Howl's heart) alive. This is purely based on speculation and not investigation, but I feel it's a compelling basis to form my conclusion.

My real issue is that, if Saobutt is Calcifer, then we can guess she's the arsonist, and I won't be surprised if someone turns up doused today. But maybe even more worrisome is that she has a partner who is working with her. Unless something earth-shattering gets revealed today or there's some reason to let an arsonist run around, I'm seriously campaigning for a Saobutt lynch.
  • When you put up the vote for Tremula, they switched to him REALLY fast. I don't remember any ninjas in the Miyazaki movies but we have a few here
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I feel comfortable saying the mafia came for me last night. But them hoes wasn't ready for me and failed. #nottodaysatan
    Not too sure what you mean, Arix. There was only a few minutes left in the day, and we had to make a quick decision with the new information. Sidd had already mentioned he wanted to vote for Tremula, but had to prioritize saving Shaddus. I just agreed that Trem was being shady and gave Sidd the means to do what he wanted. And I assume Sao just wanted to save herself. I dunno.
  • Yeah maybe. I'm just twitchy about that sort of thing when MM is in play. Probably nothing
    Before I forget @Ordassa did you see nothing because your target did nothing, or were you hindered/prevented from observing in some way? Or is it unspecified?
  • my target did nothing
    Hmm, okay. So first night:

- Ordassa tracked Shaddus
    - Shaddus jailed Portius
    - Tremula attempted to investigate Portius
    - Someone whacked Silvanus, our firefighter

Second night:

- Someone whacked Yubabith, a mafia
    - Cyndarin believes a kill was attempted on their person, and it failed
    - Lehki noticed some unspecified, confusing thing
    - Ordassa tracked someone who did nothing

That sound about right?

Seems like there was a fair bit more noticeable activity than prior.

Beyond that we have Kaimanahi's unusually compelling analysis regarding the close for the last day.

@Cyndarin For the sake of clarification, a kill was definitely attempted on you, with any degree of uncertainty riding on whether the perp was mafia or not, yes?

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    It was absolutely attempted, and since no one else died, I am drawing the conclusion that the mafia whiffed their kill on me.
  • So we can add someone protecting Cyndarin to the list
  • Also @Othero unfortunately? I mean yes you didn't get any messages but nobody tried to kill you as far as we can see. I'd call that a win for now