The Studio Ghibli Mafia Game! - TOWN WINS!

Comments

• Well yeah,  I'd prefer to have something interesting to share.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.

Man.

I panicked bigtime last round after reading a post that I thought would make me look scummy. Reading comprehension, not jumping to conclusions, and paying attention just aren't my thing, guys. Sorry :/

I'm also going to apologise to Sylandra for not paying attention. She knows why >.>

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I didn't say anything about being protected.
  • I mean, I guess night kill immunity isn't too crazy
    I didn't say that either. I didn't provide any specifics. I imagine if I wanted you to know the details, I'd have provided them. 

What I did want to do is start narrowing down the list of likely suspects, and lay the foundation for my, and ultimately the town's, success. 

Fishing for details that have been purposefully withheld is suspicious. I'm sure the mafia would absolutely love to know how I survived. Could just be well intentioned, but not thought out, word vomit but I can't think of a scenario where the town benefits from openly speculating on how a mafia target survived the night. 

So for now...

vote: Arix
  • Was mostly hoping you had something we could put on Shaddus or maybe Ordassa at night but it sounds like a self-target deal so bleh
  • Also would be nice if some of our quieter folk would speak up at some point
  • Why in the world are you so eager to off me? (and Shaddus) This is attempt number two.
    Arix said:
    Was mostly hoping you had something we could put on Shaddus or maybe Ordassa at night but it sounds like a self-target deal so bleh
    VOTE: ARIX ( @Sylandra ) for self preservation and until I have a good enough reason not to
    That doesn't make much sense. Why would I play coy if I had information on a specific person that would implicate them? 
    Or exonerate.
  • not information, I mean a protect ability
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Vote Count:
    @Arix: Cyndarin, Ordassa (2)

With 13 alive, it's 7 to reach a majority lynch.

Mob Mentality is in effect:
    Based on the current votes, @Arix will be lynched at the end of the dayphase.

(Day Three will end at 9pm EST on Thursday, 10/5, or when a majority lynch is reached.)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Then again I guess if you had a non-personal protect you probably would have used it so I don't even know anymore
  • @Ordassa Arix was hoping we had something to protect you with, not kill you.

Alright so, things are a little clearer now that I have more then a minute to skim the day post and my PM. What I can say for certain is that I was redirected last night. From the text though I'm not clear if this was a busdriver, or a witch, or something else.

Cool that we got a mafia down now. Given what Cyndarin has said, seems likely that there is a sharp/lucky vig on our side. Arsonist with a twitchy trigger finger is possible I guess, but I would say unlikely.

Yubaba reveals tells us a lot of interesting stuff, I think. Scum seem to have been given safe claims to make. Though given that the rest of Yubaba's powers relate to names, can't help but wonder if she's the only one that got one? Since she was one of the main antagonists, seems more likely now that the rest of the scum probably are too. Which makes me hope we do also have a role cop around. Here's a list of movie antagonists for anybody wondering about that.

• Busdriver and witch?
  • oh! sorry my bad!

VOTE: NONE @Sylandra
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Vote Count:
    @Arix: Cyndarin (1)

With 13 alive, it's 7 to reach a majority lynch.

Mob Mentality is in effect:
    Based on the current votes, @Arix will be lynched at the end of the dayphase.

(Day Three will end at 9pm EST on Thursday, 10/5, or when a majority lynch is reached.)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Bwah I'm interested in knowing why @Ordassa 's tracking didn't work and I'm kinda hoping she wasn't trying to track me since someone else acted on me last night which prolly affected her too. 
  • @Arix Busdriver swaps two targets. So if you target A, you get B instead, and vice versa.  Whereas a witch picks one target, and forces them to act (if they can) on a second target.  Honestly, could see either one fitting what I got. Or it could be some other non-standard redirecting power. These are also typically scum powers, or I probably would have just stayed quiet about it.

@Saobutt it's likely that the person that Ordassa tracked didn't do anything last night, so there was nothing for him to track. Also do you have anything to say about Kaimanahi's speculation on you? I'm not buying it really but would like to see your response.
  • Looking at the voting for yesterday @Sidd should get frequent traveller miles for the trains he was prepared to jump on for little or no reason. Where two people vote, so shall you find Sidd

With that in mind , Vote Sidd

Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
    Probably Kistan but that only has one s
  • @Lehki well whoever acted on me prevented me from performing an action (supposing I was capable of doing any) and anyone else from performing any other action on me too (supposing anyone tried to act on me). So it would've been a waste of @Ordassa 's power if she performed it on me D; I hoped that she would use it on someone else since I had a feeling that both Jailor and Tracker would most likely use their powers on me or @Sidd.

Fortunately, our savior was wise enough to protect us and someone else was killed in my place. The whole town would've been heartbroken. 

Honestly, I wasn't sure how to defend myself. Someone with Tremula's power seemed useful so I, alone, would've been fine with being wrongly lynched (but I didn't know her role until it was too late and I was very suspicious of her vote on the tracker).

I unvoted because I believed @Shaddus (and @Ordassa's) power was more valuable than my life. However, I didn't want to risk the town losing more so I replied with a message that I hoped the right person would understand knowing that I had a lesser chance of actually surviving. I wasn't sure if our lives were worthy of being saved. 
  • Sorry for my always late replies. Time zones...

I agree with what has been said before that the kill on Yarith was probably performed by a vigilante since mafia killing mafia seems like a very unusual tactic to me, unless there's some rebirth stuff involved which is highly unlikely in Yubaba's case. Concerning what I saw last night, I can say that my sleep is still very good. For the voting, I would like to wait until there are more theories out since taking somebody's life is a very serious thing.
  • @saobutt It sounds like you were jailed, not switched which means either the vigilante got Yarith or somebody else was swapped. Is there more information to be had?
    Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
    Probably Kistan but that only has one s
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I was beginning to wonder if there was some sort of busdriver-y role around with the day's revelations, so @Lehki making the claim he has makes sense. It is a bit perplexing that we didn't see it the first night, however... though if it a mafia power, it is very possible that individual performed the first kill.

And it sounds like Saobutt was the one jailed last night? So there's still no report of a standard roleblocker, which is also odd. But if we have a case where the target doesn't notice they were blocked unless they actually attempt to perform an action, that would explain that.

In that regard, jailing might always be noticeable irregardless since it also blocks actions from being taken against the target otherwise, which might be considered Always Noticeable.

If that is true, it might also be true that @Lehki would not have experienced what he did if he had no active power - so redirect/domination would only be discernible if it actually accomplished something. Hmm.

• @Ess - Did you read the chain of events? Did you read that before I even voted the first time, I said I wanted to vote for Tremula? That my votes elsewhere both times were to save confirmed townies? It's pretty weird that 'saving a confirmed townie' is 'little to no reason'. Here's some quotes for you so you don't have to go back and search it (bolded, not votes are my emphasis)
    Sidd said:
    Why on earth would we lynch someone who we've basically confirmed as being Tracker? And you've confirmed that he likely saw you?

That is the craziest action ever, I actually want to vote for Tremula, but to save Ordassa, I'll vote for Shaddus

There is no reasonable argument to lynch someone we can pretty much say (at this point) is town.
    Vote: Shaddus

I'll remove my vote is people remove off Ordassa enough to keep him around.

Sidd said:
    I hate to do this, but in the interest of protecting Shaddus, and needing at least two people to vote for him, I'm hoping someone follows me on this

UNVOTE
    Vote: Saobutt

I laid my reasoning out pretty thickly for why I wanted to vote for Tremula. I was ultimately wrong, but damnit he made a really bad play. 
  • Anyway, last night was just another typical night for me.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Checking in to say that I'm paying attention and trying to sort through all the posts that came up last night.

Tentatively: Agree with the consensus that Yarith was probably a good/lucky vigilante.

What interests me the most right now is Kaimanahi's interest in Sao. I really don't know anything about these movies, but I skimmed a wiki page and it seems plausible. Especially with Sao mentioning "the right person" understanding today. So I'd like a little bit of pressure and attention there. I'm not really confident enough in my theme knowledge to pass judgment on it, so farming that out to people who know more.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
    Unvote

Because I guess that's going nowhere
  • I think it would be wise to check the themes first. I can only say it is a waste of time to press for an arsonist partnership role. I am not confirming anything but considering only Calcifer as the arsonist or his relationship with Howl as the only possible roles/partnerships is pretty limiting (limited?). 

Studio Ghibli has many films which revolve around adventure, spirituality,   romance, friendship, forgiveness and war (mostly about WWII). 

So consider that some villains are magical and some are based on real people or events. 

Would it be possible that the deaths are caused by mechanical means? Although Calcifer is a flame, would it be possible that the arsonist uses a flamethrower or a grenade? I dunno.