The Midnight Crew Vs. The Felt! A Mobster Mafia. [MAFIA WINS!]

Comments

• Sidd said:
    How does it sound like a block? My action went through, Celina's confirmed it. 

@Makaela - you are in no way confirmed town, the only thing confirmed is you were lynchproof at least once.  You just jumped on the Clover claim when Tremula offered it up, rather convenient for you. It's enough that I'm not going to vote for you at this point, but not enough to sign you off as not scum.

it is also a known fact that at least for the first day period I attempt to role play a bit. And notice how silly I was being and even just stating things to be such?  I would like to also state I am rather lucky with flirting.  On top of that only 2 people had guessed Clover before I confirmed it. I am Clover, the flavor of my lynch immunity pretty much makes that as clear as day. I do have a block power but I did not use it and on top of that I can use it only on certain individuals meaning a few very specifically named players. Would rather wait till I get a feel for those people. My block power has a rather amusing flavor to it as well.

So the fact I have a extremely limited block power which is also limited in number of times I can use it makes me believe there could be another blocker power out there.

Your the only one pointing any suspicion at me Sidd. I think its time you fess up to what your power did, especially as Cyndarin never stated you were the one who acted on her, and nor did you until now. Awfully convenient for you would you not say?
  • "It's enough that I'm not going to vote for you at this moment" -> means I'm not pointing suspicion at you, I'm just pointing out that you are not confirmed town. Nobody is signed off as 'not scum' at the moment and they shouldn't be.

Cyndarin did not state that I acted on her because she did not know that I acted on her. The whole crux of this argument is that I must be scum because I was blocked and nobody died, but I've acted, I've shown that I've acted, nobody has countered my claim stating that I'm the one that acted on Cyndarin, but you want to keep pressing at this point?  I can openly say what it is, but the fact is it's already been mentioned several times in conjunction with another power, but given that I was acted upon, it can only be one of the two. Will it still just be a convenience when I say it bluntly?  

I'm the busdriver that switched with Cyndarin (in case it wasn't already clear to you, because I'm betting others already picked up on it).

Want to keep moving down this track?

• Wasn't one of the issues brought up during the Ghibli game that town bus drivers were unusual? Or was that another role?

• Bus Drivers are usually a third party role, but they can be town or Mafia @Arix
  • @Sidd Cyndarin stated that she was unsure as to what happened as she used no night power herself but could only guess that it might be a us Driver. That is unconfirmed until your now supposed claim.  You accuse me of jumping on Claims and just for the record stating someone is jumping on a bandwagon theory as there claim is a method of casting shade or suspicion on them. I do applaud the attempt at backpedaling though.
  • Awfully defensive.

You want to keep pressing me or do you want to actually find some scum?
  • The real question is, do YOU actually want to catch scum? Because so far your strategy seems to be to just throw a vote on someone and then try to distract people long enough for mob mentality to trigger a lynch, while hoping to bully the target into an early reveal
  • I threw my vote on you because we were getting nowhere, and I wanted some action to happen

So I picked took a look and picked someone who hadn't contributed much (and still hasn't) and they wrongly voted for me prior so maybe they are scum. Heaven forbid we do something other than just talk about stuff. At least I'm doing something!
  • Well I'm not claiming or revealing on day one, pressure or no, so you can either unvote and go after someone else who IS inactive, or we can do the mob mentality lynch and see how long you survive after that
  • I wrongly voted for you after you not only threw a random vote on Cyndarin, but stated afterwards you would not remove said vote due to mob mentality even though Cyndarin Likely would have Unvoted had you done so.  I understand now it is a thing you apparently do every mafia game with her but I did not know that then. But the stating an unwillingness to remove the vote is really what made me place my vote upon you.

I am not the one being awfully defensive here, I've not only outed my character but now 2 powers I hold are known.  I would love to find Scum the problem is that everything you have done so far has made you more and more suspect to me. I am not yet confident fully you are scum but I am extremely suspicious of you not being town.

I am not saying Arix is clean, however while he has not contributed much of substance that can be said of many people right now.  He also has yet to draw as much suspicion from me as you.
  • I do however agree with both of you that it would be nice if some of the lurkers would speak up
  • Why are you still defending yourself then?

Your second power reveal is all on you, there was no pressure for you to throw it out there, nobody had voted for you or even asked you what other powers you have. You didn't even need to confirm your name, but just offered it up when Tremula mentioned it. 

Busdrivers are pretty pro-town. They're like a Doctor-lite. 

• Maybe there was a similar flavoured role, i vaguely remember looking it up at one point
  • Vote Count:
    Arix(1): Sidd
    Sidd(1): Yasei

With 12 alive it takes 7 to reach a majority.

With Mob Mentality in effect, Arix will be lynched at day's end.

Day one ends at 2AM EST on Sunday 11/19, or when majority vote is reached.
  • Sidd I did so because who I am is already obvious and people asked about blockers in general. I am not defending myself merely disproving your arguments for why I am potentially scum there is a bit of a difference.

I confused bus driver with a role akin to The witch. I forgot bus drivers while similar in power do it differently and with far less control.
  • Quarters is a Felt member with a bus driver sounding power. From the wiki:

"If a coin is tossed, the Felt member corresponding with the side that faces up will be summoned from some place in space and time. If the member on the other side is present, the two will switch places and times."

Sounds like a bit of info supporting Sidd's town claim. I wouldn't say it's a doctor lite though as someone else just gets hit/killed!
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I think we can all agree my mafia strategies are generally pretty poor. I'm 100% in this game because of the source material. However, I think in this specific case the latter can help support the former. What I do find absolutely hilarious is the fact that if Sidd is Quarters, then canonically he wouldn't be able to bus-driver Makaela or himself, because she'd have her own quarter and there would be a 50/50 split chance of him dying if he ever tried. Of course it can't be like that, simply because mafia mechanics, but I digress.

I do find it mildly suspicious that Makaela didn't name-claim until after Clover was already mentioned and luck was super-hinted at. With everyone likely having another tab with the Felt page open on the mspaint wiki while they play, anyone could have come up with that. However, there are other theories. What I'm struggling to look at right now is how Clover could justifiably have a block. There's only one possibility that I can come up with, and it's a stretch, even for mafia. And then you have MORE powers???

I'm starting to suspect you might not be Clover at all. I think you're trying to sweep your true identity under the rug.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Ya know, earlier in the day I recall reading this:

Tremula said:
    I have nothing to report, either. Maybe...that was some sort of block? There's very few punch-in-the-gut types in the Felt, so my first thought immediately goes to Cans, whose ability to punch his enemies into another time (literally punching someone into next week, for example [I'd recommend clicking the ==> button once to finish this example]).
    If you ask me, someone who can punch someone into next week could just as easily punch them into the next day phase. As soon as I read these thoughts from Trem, my first assumption was that it was a jailing, at which point Sidd might very well have been a kill target instead... but I guess that leaves a bit of confusion over whether a busdriving power would take priority over a jailing in sequence.

Has Sidd claimed to notice any sort of protector effect? So far as I recall, he only mentioned being punched and that's it. Normally, protection effects go unnoticed unless they actually prevent an attack, but it's weird to not notice a protection proccing if they do.

Would be terribly convenient if he forgot to mention that up until now.

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    So I guess that leaves:

1. Sidd was blocked by punch, and was attempting a kill
    2. Sidd was jailed by punch, and was a kill target (thus no night kill)
    3. Sidd was a kill target via punch, with no mention of a protection because... he has innate kill immunity? And is a bus driver as well? Am I missing anything else that could fall into this section?

:thinking emoji:

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Here’s what I don’t get:

@Sidd who did you bus Cyndarin with? At this point I don’t see why you wouldn’t share that information.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • myself
  • Here's my response to Vivet's scenario's

1) I was blocked and couldn't attempt a kill - I acted, so I wasn't blocked or I couldn't have attempted a kill.
    2) Again, I acted, so wasn't jailed
    3) I don't have innate kill protection, but there was no message of protection.
    So whoever targeted you with the punch was actually targeting Cyndarin.

Okay so this makes more sense. If someone was trying to block Cyndarin last night with their punch, they would instead block Sidd—who already acted, making the block moot.

What I find curious is it would mean we know where the roleblocker was last night, so the killer would have been prevented by another method. Perhaps the doctor.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Having read through the intermission comic a little, there does seem to be future/past interaction stuff. I'm not completely convinced that a night kill was blocked; it could have been moved a day ahead or be on a delay. It's even plausible that someone's power is that they die a day later.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Quick check-in.

I'm a bit confused @Sidd as to why you revealed yourself as being slugged in stomach if you swapped yourself with @Cyndarin, and so knew the stomach punch was meant for her? By doing so you were just highlighting the fact that there was a bus driver in play to whoever targeted Cyndarin, with the end result being that you had to reveal your own bus-driving power.
    Zitto said:
    Having read through the intermission comic a little, there does seem to be future/past interaction stuff. I'm not completely convinced that a night kill was blocked; it could have been moved a day ahead or be on a delay. It's even plausible that someone's power is that they die a day later.
    I wondered about a poisoner but so far no one hasn’t shared anything that sounds like that. Then again the flavor this game isn’t my wheelhouse.
    Daraius said:
    Arix said:
    Wasn't one of the issues brought up during the Ghibli game that town bus drivers were unusual? Or was that another role?

They can be either but are considered very powerful if anti-town, and less powerful if town. Chaos is always a great mafia tool. You could make the argument that it’s in town’s best interest to remove all chaos mechanics and push a Sidd lynch on that alone.

Honestly I’m not convinced Sidd is mafia but I do think he’s done a bang-up job centering the day’s conversation on him, and I’m curious what his flip would reveal about all his naysayers.

Hmmm. Vote Sidd.
    Daraius said:
  • Because whoever slugged me likely knew they slugged me and knew that they targetted Cyndarin.

If I lied about it and said 'nothing happened to me' then said slugger would know I'm lying. They wouldn't know that I knew I wasn't the intended target, they would just know that I was slugged in the stomach, but was lying about it. No sense in opening myself up to more criticism. 

We don't even know if it was actually a block or not, people are just speculating, and nobody has come forward to say what it actually is. 

• The attention is on me because people refuse to let it go, I'm not sure what more anyone wants me to say on this subject. I've shown that I could not have been trying to kill anyone last night, I've been open about what I've done. At this point, it's just not making sense.

I'm all out of explanations so if you want to lynch me, let's get it over with, otherwise let's move on.
  • @Sidd Now your claim makes more sense with the full information as to you used yourself as the switch.

@Tremula I would urge you to think harder on how Clover may end up blocking someone. However I will prove my block power on the next night even though it brings me that much closer to death to do so if you would like. I can guarantee my power of blocking is very much meant for a town victory. I will say I only actually confirmed the Clover thought because I had already assumed everyone would have made the conclusion, the fact people seemed to be debating it and actually asking for ore info on me is why I came out and said Yes. Also there are no other characters that type of luck would make sense for, Clover in fact is the reason why people started seeing Luck as OP in the homestuck universe according to that wiki. We are only dealing with the Felt (town) and Midnight crew (mafia) characters, of those only one has luck attributed to them. Stop second guessing yourself.

in either case, our Investigator role has at least 1 person investigated, we can give them another night. However if our bus driver is town I would hope they have at least one other ability given a town sided bus driver is not that strong this early on as it tends to just cause confusion with the towns own power roles usually granted there are ways to play it usefully but that usually requires more information be present (which is something we are very sorely lacking and mafia is not)

@Tremula I also did thinking on the Sn●wman they could also have a role that lets them cancel a Lynch for a day given all fighting usually stopped when she entered the room.