The Midnight Crew Vs. The Felt! A Mobster Mafia. [MAFIA WINS!]

Comments

• I had another quiet night.  That just hurts my head though!

One would assume that @Makaela was bodyguarding @Sylandra.

So the only was that would have happened is if our bus driver swapped someone with @Sylandra ?? If so, who was their original victim?
    Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
    Probably Kistan but that only has one s
  • Or someone could have targetted Sylandra normally, such as the mafia

• I guess so as Makaela said she was going to block someone to prove her power.

Very Strange Situation.
  • I suppose he did not have to bodyguard Sylandra although it would have been odd not to as Sylandra's death is Makaela's death? And even had Makaela died, they could win if Sylandra lived. And they had nothing better to do at night.

Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
    Probably Kistan but that only has one s
  • Nothing happened to me.

If Makaela danced for Sylandra she'd have bodyguarded her if the Mafia targeted her. So I think Ess is probably right. Or the explosion killed everyone in the room so bodyguard didn't help?
  • If Makaela was prevented from acting or for some reason did not use bodyguard, a kill shot on Sylandra would have killed/chased off Makaela
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Morning.

Yeah, I'm also a bit confused on Makaela's death. Was it due to explosion or did she just disappear because Sylandra died? Part of the role fluff seems to suggest that 'no reason to hang around' or whatever but it's not explicit. If she was bodyguarding Sylandra, surely only she would have died though?

Didn't notice if I was targeted for anything last night.
  • maybe someone had one of those ignore power kills

• although those are usually oneshot so probably not
  • So uh, this is my bad...

I swapped with Sylandra last night, and was met with Makaela dancing like a maniac, and then Sylandra died, so I assume Makaela poofed too.

So, I was pretty clearly the intended target, which led to Sylandra's death.

I think we can only assume since Makaela's win condition was linked to Sylandra being alive, that once Sylandra died, she then lost and was removed. I'm not sure if that's game mechanically enough to get mod confirmation on because there isn't anything explicitly mentioned in the role that says Makaela dies when Sylandra does other than the win condition.
  • Sounds more like if Sylandra were to die, Makaela would just skedaddle
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I hate when all the action happens on a weekend, I miss it all when I forget to check in. Nothing happened to me last night, but I also didn't do anything because I was busy drinking like a fish and returning my foster puppy.

Sylandra is a rough death, definitely one of the stronger town players. THANKS A LOT SIDD.

• Checking in on a phone or a tablet is a real pain in the ass, but you're here now which is good
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Okay that explains a bit, though losing watcher instead of busdriver is likely more detrimental in the long run. But am more inclined to believe Sidd is town anyway since he was the target of last night's attempt.

Other than that, now knowing there was also a serial killer in play makes the lack of kills on N1 harder to parse. Good job doctor/blocker I guess.
  • I'd agree that Sidd's likely town. Bus driving himself out of the way of a kill would be risky if blocked. What happend with the punch though? Did anyone see that again last night? If that was the blocker then maybe SK and mafia both targeted the same someone protected by doctor, or maybe there's a jailer too. Probably the double target out of those options.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Er...I got punched, and apparently whoever did it likes Sidd a whole lot more than me, because rather than the gut they hurt my precious face. On the plus side, we'll know tomorrow whether or not the effect is a delay or if it's a block. Not really going to reveal much more than that at present. Does anyone have any new information to share, though? Some message that we haven't seen or heard mentioned before?
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • I am reading Mak's role "Third Party Lover" to mean that she went poof because Syl died, not because she was hit, since that's what I'm seeing Lover to mean in other sources. Also, Lehki's 1st page post says "Absconded" rather than "Killed" That leaves us with one actual kill over three nights, which is awfully weird given that we had an SK on the first night. Speaking of..

What a crazy reveal on Yasei (And really good call on Sidd's part!). If characters like that are in the game, it's not impossible that some of the other weirder characters are too, like Doc Scratch and Lord English. I don't really have a feel on if they could potentially also be third party. I doubt we'd see another killing role 3rd party, but there might be other non-standard wins like Mak's.

Also for what it's worth, no activity last night.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Also apologies in advance for my lessened presence over the next couple of days. I'll try to be around, but sick during recovery means I look like some sort of sci-fi murder victim.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • I actually got mod confirmation that she didn't leave the game because Sylandra died, therefore losing.

There isn't anything specific in her role that says she would die if Sylandra dies, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say that scum had a time delay bomb of some sort and blew up Makaela. I think she was killed, I don't think she left because Sylandra died, I think that's just a rather convenient coincidence.
  • Oh, also

Yasei said something about 'watch for Cyndarin'

I'm wondering if Yasei tried to kill me, and hit Cyndarin and Cyndarin didn't die. 

Would the Midnight Mafia have a Godfather type? Would Felt have a nightkill immune role? Something to consider.
  • It could be a "nothing 2 lose" confession, but Yas' only other day move was to try and throw you under the bus suggesting you might have been blocked. I'm taking Yasei's comment to just be a discord-inducing parting shot. If not, why not falseclaim a role, accuse Cynd, and then look like confirmed town for calling out scum? It's not proof, but I think it's more likely than something like a third-party night-kill immune Lord English. The Midnight Gang characters mostly seem to lend themselves to kill modifiers than immunities.

I am hoping somebody's got a reason to feel confident pushing a theory today. If we don't have anyone tomorrow, I think we should start the shake-up vote sooner rather than later, maybe as early as tomorrow morning. Even with the time extension, we shouldn't let it come down to a two vote lynch based on "Who was able to log in on Thanksgiving?"
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I got no fresh theories at this point, unfortunately. Not totally comfortable pouncing at anyone either.
  • I think Sidd has a very good point about Makaela. Sylandra's corpse was found bleeding but there was also an explosion. Hat bomb option for delayed mafia kills?

• And I'm happy to point a finger based on suspicions and defensiveness.

Vote: Arix
  • Hey I got a finger for you to, buddy
  • Also I just refused to cave in to Sidd's attempt to pressure someone into revealing on day one
  • So either elaborate on why you're suspicious or stop flailing around in the dark and go vote for actual mafia
  • Unless you're just throwing out a vote in the hopes it'll get overlooked until mob mentality kicks in
  • I am going after actual mafia. You're right that one vote isn't much pressure.

You didn't post any content or theories for the first few days but had several ideas about why Makaela wasn't blown up. I think that's because you were trying to deflect attention from delayed bombs.
  • I was trying to figure out what Ess was saying, since there wasn't anything in Sylandras thing about being part of a lovers team, and to my knowledge lovers usually mention eachother. Nobody said anything about bombs until today afaik.