The Midnight Crew Vs. The Felt! A Mobster Mafia. [MAFIA WINS!]

Comments

• ok fine. UNVOTE DYS for now
  • Dys said:
    Very! And More.

And that was my cunning code to get in info in case I died or need to prove my knowledge before Arix and Sidd gave their actions.

Trace -> Tres -> French for very. First letters AM = Arix visited Makaela. Similar on night 2.
  • oh, Dys actually reminded me of something. So Makaela got a bomb planted, but I did NOT get a message that anything happened to her effigy. Just throwing that out there as additional information

• That makes sense because the effigies seem to show damage according to the wiki, so you might only be able to protect if you're watching when it goes off.
  • I'd guess there are three mafia, so that leaves Ess, Tremula's, Cyndarin, Zitto and Ushaara if we believe other claims. Which seem pretty firm to me.
  • oh wait bombs aren't immediately hostile, that must be it. I only fix the effigy when someone gets hit with a kill action. Though that begs the question, if I target someone on the night the bomb would go off, would I save them?

• Unvote

My instinct is to go with Cyndarin.

Yasei mentioned to watch out for her, I still think this means she potentially attacked me night one and hit Cyndarin, and ended up not being able to kill her.

Vote: Cyndarin
  • wait, I just thought of something else: We now know that the punch delays people. We also know that the two deaths were a bomb (IE possibly not a mafia kill) and a lover wandering off. Which, if I am correct, means there was no mafia kill (again assuming the bomber is 3p). And we know one person was blocked last night
  • Lover did not wander off - lover died. i think that was clarified
    Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
    Probably Kistan but that only has one s
  • No, punching is a straight jailing not a delay. And we know that Makaela was blown up by a bomb not a traditional lover wandering off. Lehki said the bomb was meant for someone, Sidd said from fluff Makaela went into a room which exploded and then Makaela wasn't there. Lehki's gif on Makaela's death shows the explosion and Clover being blown out of the mansion.

So mafia night 1 was a bomb on Makaela, night 2 was stabbing Sylandra
  • right, brain fart. I am a tired from food coma, maybe should not be on the magic wonder box.
  • The bomber will be Clubs Deuce who's the Midnight Crew's demolitions expert. So mafia.
  • Makes sense, we had a poisoner in the Ghibli game in addition to the normal mafia kills
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I'm really confused by the confirmation on the bomb stuff. It's normal to not get any PM feedback on that sort of thing, and only have the mod confirm it in topic if it is decided it has a strong adverse affect on the playfield.

But I also have no clue what's going on in the flavour outside my own role, or anyone has a role that alludes to bombs otherwise.

• Vote Count

@Dys(1): Ess
    @Cyndarin(1): Sidd

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to reach majority!

With Mob Mentality in effect, Dys will be lynched at day's end.

Day Two ends at 2AM EST on Saturday 11/25, or when majority vote is reached.
  • I'll vote Cyndarin for now as it's more productive than letting myself get lynched.

Vote: Cyndarin

It'd have been nice to know how Yasei's probable kill attempt failed. Any details Cyndarin?

Otherwise I'm fairly comfortable that three of Tremula, Ess, Zitto, Ushaara and Cyndarin are mafia and it'd be good to hear something from them and who they think we should lynch.

• I am starting to drift back to @Arix - three people acting on Makaela on one night and nothing noticed?

Seems I dunno, not plausible
    Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
  • I don't think the bomb was on Makaela - I think it was on Sylandra, and it either switched to me and Makaela protected me from it, or Makaela protected Sylandra from it. 

• Well the effigies only need fixing if they get damaged. Simply attaching a bomb to someone apparently doesn't trigger as hostile, though if I had doctored Makaela last night who knows what shenanigans might have ensued
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Redirecting to me has become such a default vote it's almost a Lusternian mafia trope. Listening to an SK who didn't even provide details is somewhat bewildering to me.

I'm Die, your vigilante. I have a juju doll, and if I poke a pin in it, I move to a timeline where the appropriate person is dead. Technically, per the lore, I can remove it and they're alive again, but for role relevant purposes I can't do that in the game. They just stay dead.

I got no indication someone tried to kill me. I told you what I saw night 1. I can't argue against Yasei because Yasei didn't actually say anything substantive. 
  • It would be two people acting on Makaela if the bomb was on her - Arix and the bomber. I acted on Arix and followed his trail, and spotted him messing with Makaela in the night. No more specifics than that, so I don't know if 'messing' means watching an effigy or something else.

Sidd, the setting has hat bombs so even if you saw Sylandra's room it could be that Makaela unknowingly had the bomb with her. Hard to know how much to read into the fluff.

If Arix is mafia, then I'd say Zitto is too because of the dodgy Vote Arix, wait, Arix might have a revenge power, unvote a few hours later.
    Unfortunately, I think Dys and Sidd have been so aggressive during a holiday that it's lead us to mass claiming. We'd had been better off with a random vote than this trickle down voting strategy they have.

So.

vote: Ushaara

Unrelated: Dys sounds like Sidd backwards, possibly the same person. 
  • I forgot it was Thanksgiving. Who has a holiday on a Thursday?

Unvote
    AMERICA DOES BECAUSE FREEDOM.
  • I drink tea and lift my little finger looking over the pond at our colonial brethren
    Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
    Calm down, Brexit. 
  • Vote Count

@Cyndarin(1): Sidd
    @Dys(1): Ess
     @Ushaara(1): Cyndarin

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to reach majority!

With Mob Mentality in effect, @Cyndarin will be lynched at day's end.

Day Two ends at 2AM EST on Saturday 11/25, or when majority vote is reached.

About 11 hours are left in the day to vote.
  • Shouldn't it be Dys still? Ess voted for her first.

• Sorry I've been sparse, with the holidays I am mostly only managing phone checks. A lot of us have been quieter but for some this has been a bigger habit change than others. I'm thinking of our supposed loremaster who is suddenly quiet now that we're discussing roles. With nothing conclusive on anyone, that's where my suspicion is pointing.

Vote: Tremula
  • Sidd said:
    Shouldn't it be Dys still? Ess voted for her first.

Dys's earlier vote temporarily put Cyndarin at 2 votes before I could do another count, which is why she moved to the top of the list.