Improved Newbie Intro Released!

13»

Comments

• I could agree with Curing being the Inept skill, but at that point should just be defaulted to ON. If we did this, we would probably want to rework the 'Nurse!' achievement as it grants 25 lessons just for toggling the ability on. Keep in mind, the reward was 25 to refund that exact amount of lessons required to get it when it was first implemented. Now with Core being shrunk to Fabled, that 25 is now 9 yielding a 16 lesson profit. While I'm not opposed to this, making Curing at the Inept rank instead would just yield 25 lessons for creating a character.
  • I came close to outlevelling Newton whilst still in Bondero Baycause the quests were broken (they fixed them now) and I did them all like 3-4 times over trying to get the honours. So pretty much missed on getting Newton honours cause I hit the max level before I was done with anything there.
  • Yeah, there were a few hiccups, like people getting stuck in the boats when going between Itecia and Nyalia (gorgog and merian islands) and just overall someone taking your progress making you start over. Having these be instanced would be the best solution, but the alternative would be just make there plenty of mobs/denizens for every to use. On the topic, sort of, the quest Bolt Banger gives in Newton is infinitely repeatable and actually spawns in finks. The quest in 'quest'ion (sorry not sorry) has you find and take out the fink bandits, usually about five. Not only do they yield experience, count towards the achievement, but can also then be given to Bolt for a good price. The experience is quite low so you could technically repeat them over and over at minimal experience gain for high gold gains.
  • Thanks for sharing, @Niwynne. Sorry you had to deal with that, it sucks that you didn't get a chance to get the Newton honours. 

I agree with @Lycidas. If instancing is not feasible, making plenty of mobs/denizens would be an important improvement. 
    Arix said:
    Tzaraziko died for your spins
  • I feel the need to bring this back to the front page, as a lot of these points are still unchanged.