Once again, I'm reaching out to you guys to brainstorm the research project powers! Below is a summary of what's being discussed currently based on some ideas from @Lycidas
. I'm not necessarily on board with everything below but think it's a good place for brainstorming. I ask that we not get off track by focusing on other aspects of Timequakes; rather, we need to finalize power ideas ASAP and I want to give everyone an opportunity for input.
Nature Research Project (past anomaly type)
- Power 1: Teleport to Open Time Rifts, long wait
- Power 2: X/13 village influence buff, passive, x = floor(CR/2) minimum 1
- Power 3: Eating herbs heals h/m/e (like sparkleberries), 5 archpower per month
- Power 4: Faster cure recovery for 3 hours, 10 archpower/month, can turn on and off at will (so don't have to be 3 hour stretch but can break it up)
- Power 5: Nurturing Nature - Cause the area you are in to regenrate any missing plants to five, apply the effects of Nature Growth and the watering can. Activate for 10 archpower. While this could technically encourage strip harvesting by allowing the negation of the negative effects, it is also there for those that are seeking damage control instead of having to rummage around to try and replant it themselves, which is limited to only a few people, taking the strain off Druids/Wiccans.
Knowledge Research Project (future anomaly type)
- Power 1: Less mana cost in time rifts
- Power 2: 3/13 mana generation, passive, no archpower needed
- Power 3: Elemental/Ethereal essence value is doubled, 5 archpower/month
- Power 4: 25% exp/essence buff for 3 hours, 5 archpower/month, can turn on and off at will (so don't have to be 3 hour stretch but can break it up)
- Power 5: Keen Knowledge - Gain the effects of aetherial quickening as well as the ability to travel to any permanent milestone within the basin. Activate for 10 archpower, duration lasts until logout. Combines ring of aetheric quickening and compass of true direction to offer utility to those that seek it, without outright altering how PK functions.
Death Research Project (desolate anomaly type)
- Power 1: Universal damage buff in time rifts, 10/10
- Power 2: Universal damage buff, 3/10, passive, no archpower needed
- Power 3: Faster insanity recovery, stacks with artifacts, 5 archpower/month
- Power 4: 5% Crit boost for 1 hour, 5 archpower/month, can turn on and off at will (so don't have to be 3 hour stretch but can break it up)
- Power 5: Defy Death -Upon the next time you would be slain, you are instead placed within stasis for five seconds. You cannot take any action, nor can you be effected by aggressive actions. During this time you can choose to teleport to the Portal of Fate or be revived at 50% vitals and no defenses. Activate for 10 archpower, defense until death, cooldown of a game month when the effect triggers. Grants the user an arguably better version of vitae so that they can choose to use that time to stay or get out of dodge. Cooldown is meant to be long so that this doesn't just become a way to grief raiding. The half vitals enforces the choice of standing your ground with the possibility of it being quickly used against you.
Beauty Research Project (immaculate anonaly type)
- Power 1: Faster anomaly harvesting in time rifts, 25%
- Power 2: Increased valuation when creating crafted items, passive, no archpower needed, or "Improved Crafting: Possibly more charges on magicscrolls, more poisons extracted/potions amalgamated/charges given per power in enchanting/etc
- Power 3: Increased trading power with aethertraders, 5 archpower/month
- Power 4: Ability to convert up to 10 archpower per month to enchantment charges (1 archpower=10 charges), must specify enchanted item, cannot go over max charges of that item
- Power 5: Beauteous Bounty - Gain the effects of Endowment of the Arts, selecting a trade skill you have access to. This trade is not apart of skillflexing and requires this power to change or enable the tradeskill. Activate for 10 archpower for a duration of 24 hours and requires 10 archpower afterwards to upkeep before this power goes dormant. Changing the tradeskill costs 5 archpower and does not extend the duration of the activation.