Timequake Powers - Brainstorming!

124»

Comments

• I'm not sure that we like the Harmony 5 power. Are there alternative ideas for that?

I'm not really sure what this Trivia thing is either.
  • Lycidas said:
    The daily credits isn't a bad idea but it sparked an odd idea. What if you had the Knowledge project you could go to the Knowledge Seal and it would ask you a random trivia question, whether it was an Ascension question or something relatively easy to know/figure out. A correct answer yields dailycredits. Immerses people in the lore a tad more and saves some resources around the world.
    It sparked off this, but is basically the information we have about it. Whether it is a daily credit generation idea or part of a project, which we would really prefer it be it's own standalone idea.

If this current Harmony 5 suggest isn't going to cut it, I can brainstorm some more, just can't promise people will like what I conjure up.
  • By your logic we can go back to beauty and the extra trade power.

The other side of your argument is the question of why an org should invest in harmony to get four useful things and one potentially useless thing, when they could get five useful things instead.

At the end of the day every combination of three should be roughly equivalent. If harmony is so good you’d pick it for four benefits over the five you get from a different one then either it is too powerful or the others aren’t powerful enough
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Orael said:
    I'm not sure that we like the Harmony 5 power. Are there alternative ideas for that?

I'm not really sure what this Trivia thing is either.
    I don't really have any alternate ideas; that's something that I would really like to see, and I do think it would be very useful.
  • I'd be down with the prior Beauty 5 power being this Harmony, but then at that point it might as well stay Beauty *shrug*
  • edited April 2019
    I would think the astral node power would only affect the org members of whoever turns it on. But I'm still not really crazy about that power.
    The other suggestion for Harmony 5 was: 10p, gives a defence to all org members for 60 minutes(?) that gives a chance to dodge hits from mobs. Every time you dodge it builds up a bit (not increasing the dodge chance) once you build it up to like 5/10 dodges you can use RETRIBUTION <target> (mobs only, no loyals, etc) that does a massive hit of damage using your strongest damage buff, maybe even a guaranteed crit (still have to roll the multiplier though).
    Let's take a little more time for a little more brainstorming. It seems as though Harmony affects influencing and maybe death xp (from the Domoth). Just kind of rambling:
    • Harmony 5: No xp loss from death for 60 minutes(?) for all org members in an entire plane (but can't be used on prime), 10 archpower.
    • Harmony 5: Every org member in the same room as the caster has all non-player org enemy statuses nullified, 10 archpower
    • Harmony 5: For 60 minutes(?), all org members who influence gain power for every 200(?) levels of mob influenced, 10 archpower
  • XP loss on death is negligible, even as a Demigod if you're active. Nullifying enemy status could be useful, but something is eating at me saying it would get horribly abused. People are allowed to defend territories because the person has an enemy status, thus making it a prime PK against the killer simply because of a project power. Third one is okay, though as it will probably be pointed out, wouldn't be worth ranking up to the fifth power for it.

Critiquing without offering something though is pointless, so here's what I wracked up during sleep deprivation:

Level 5: Harmonic Help - Upon a successful ego battle, you can harness the excess ego damage dealt to another target for 10s. Activate for 10 archpower, personal buff for 24 hours.

Works like Combat DamageShift or the gilded cage arti, just for influencing. Timer is like other timed things (truefavours, cookies, etc).
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Doesn't seem particularly useful?  Damageshift works because it pulls out the overflow critical hit damage, but you aren't ever going to have a meaningful amount of "overkill" on influencing unless you have the Wonderbrazier crit power (and the % chance on that is super low if I remember correctly).  I've pretty much had your thoughts on the others, I can't see myself ever wanting to use them (and similarly why I hadn't replied on them specifically).
    Just commenting on this one because I'm not sure that it would actually do anything at all, mechanically.
  • Makai said:
    XP loss on death is negligible, even as a Demigod if you're active. Nullifying enemy status could be useful, but something is eating at me saying it would get horribly abused. People are allowed to defend territories because the person has an enemy status, thus making it a prime PK against the killer simply because of a project power. Third one is okay, though as it will probably be pointed out, wouldn't be worth ranking up to the fifth power for it.
    I know I'm an outliner in this, and at my essence level I will never regain anything I lose from a death, but XP loss is 90% of the reason why I have never bothered to learn combat. That said, I wouldn't pay for only 60 minutes on a nonprime plane. At they very least, it would need to be 24 hours for 10 archpower on all planes, including prime. Even then, I'm guessing Phoenixing wouldn't be counted in that 'no xp loss from death' and that part would still have some cost to it.

but as I said, I know I'm in the minority and it is probably better to have the power 5 be something more useful.
  • Xenthos said:
    Doesn't seem particularly useful?  Damageshift works because it pulls out the overflow critical hit damage, but you aren't ever going to have a meaningful amount of "overkill" on influencing unless you have the Wonderbrazier crit power (and the % chance on that is super low if I remember correctly).
    Right, sleep deprivation. If we can agree that the base idea is solid, then we can build from there. Rather than a direct carry over, perhaps a 'burst of confidence' for 10s that when used, do (insert option).

Possibility A: For 10s, your ego does not drain during ego battles with denizens
    Possibility B: Double the damage of your ego attack and guarantee a crit
    Possibility C: Whatever gets suggested that I haven't already thought of. I'm tired >.>
  • edited April 2019

I'm wondering whether there needs a new big level 5 power to make influencing easier (isn't it easy enough already?). However, maybe if the focus was on some additional benefit your org members get from influencing, it could be attractive. My thought was power but could be something else. Ideas? Here's a not very thought out power:

• Harmony Level 5: HarmonicGestalt. Activates for 10 archpower and lasts 60 minutes, creates a 'harmonicgestalt', org members will find their max h/m/e go up based on the number of other org members in the same area, all org members in the same area can instantly teleport to each other, and any squads formed with org members will gain increased xp and gold drops based on number of org members (non-org members in such a squad don't benefit or count towards the bonus).

• Saran said:
    An additional ego attack for each ego battle type could be interesting, or something generic that automatically adapts to an ego battle you're already engaged in. (i.e if you've already started begging it'll function as a charity ego attack.)

It'd help lowbies in influencing because they'd be able to get two attacks when they'd otherwise have one, people at max would have four to cycle through which should be beneficial. Include village as a type and helps there too, especially if it gave you a set of attacks tied to the specific types as it'd mean rank 1's would be able to influence villages.
    Part of the reason I suggested this was due to a discussion elsewhere about how influencing is slow, particularly past 80.

It's trivial sure, but influencing is also a long and disengaging activity. Providing something that makes it faster and/or more rewarding would be nice, and I expect it'd be particularly helpful to people who are trying to grind in off-hours where they can't get bashing groups so they can just sit in one spot with their scripts running to kill everything.
  • I'm a little concerned that harmonicgestalt would be like org-wide super empress. The rest of it sounds solid for stuff like astral bashing.
  • Kalnid said:
    I'm a little concerned that harmonicgestalt would be like org-wide super empress. The rest of it sounds solid for stuff like astral bashing.
    Well, it's a teleport instead of a summons but I get what you mean. What about a faster teleport instead?
    Does anyone else like HarmonicGestalt? Anything else that would make this a Level 5 power that's worth it?
  • Harmony Research Project (immaculate anomaly type)

• Power 1: Faster anomaly harvesting in time rifts, 25%
    • Power 2: Influencing speed and/or damage buff, passive, no archpower needed.
    • Power 3: Reduce denizen resistance to ego battle attacks by 50%, 5 archpower/month
    • Power 4: 25% exp/essence buff for 3 hours/month, 5 archpower/month, can toggle on and off at will (so don't have to be 3 hour stretch but can break it up)
    • Power 5:  HarmonicGestalt. Activates for 10 archpower and lasts 60 minutes, creates a 'harmonicgestalt', org members will find their max h/m/e go up based on the number of other org members in the same area, all org members in the same area teleport quicker to each other, and any squads formed with org members will gain increased xp (10% per org member up to max 100%) and gold drops (5% per org member up to max 50%) based on number of org members (non-org members in such a squad don't benefit or count towards the bonus).
    I'm leaning towards HarmonicGestalt even though I haven't gotten much feedback on it. Thoughts?

• If the power is intended as a PvE buff primarily, the potentially problematic PvP elements could be tied to masochism and ongoing area event status, and thereby be stronger but not damaging PvP
  • Enya said:
    If the power is intended as a PvE buff primarily, the potentially problematic PvP elements could be tied to masochism and ongoing area event status, and thereby be stronger but not damaging PvP
    Ran it by Orael and he agrees. Thanks!
  • I'm in agreement, it's a nice combination of the ascension discs and commandant items, and as Enya pointed out, as long as it can be tied down to PvE only we won't have another runaway power like IllusorySelf was.