Below is the proposed plan for the base melding mechanics. If these seem reasonable, then we'll proceed by getting this part implemented.
While we're working on that, I'm going to start going over the skillsets. There isn't really any particular order I'm going to address them in, because this will likely all need to be implemented at once.
Nodes - 3-5 per melder.
- Nodes can be placed anywhere except adjacent to another node and melder/linked rooms.
- Rooms between nodes will become terrained and melded upon new node being planted but only if the nodes are within 5 rooms of each other.
- Will be the shortest path between two rooms
- If multiple paths are available, the path will be randomly chosen
- linked nodes will be stronger than unlinked nodes. (1.5x stronger)
- Any node can be broken, and any linking between nodes will dissipate
- Can be broken by killing the Avatar
- Melder (and any bonded melders) will be notified when avatar attacked
- Avatar disappears when Primary melder is in the node room.
- Can be broken by an enemy melder using a 5s channel
- Melder (and any bonded melders) notified when channel started
- Primary melder going to the node will stop it (not bonded melders) if the melder is present in the room at the end.
- Nothing else breaks the channel
- Can be broken by killing the melder in the node room.
- Effects fire in each node room and any linked room.
- Protection scroll prevents effects in linked rooms, does not protect in node rooms.
- Other melders of the same spec can bond with a node
- Increases Node strength by 10% per melder bonded.
- Gain access to meld commands (ie demesnewatch, teleport and any other demesne abilities)
- If primary melder dies, secondary melder becomes the holder (in order of bonding).
- If no seconday melder, all nodes break.