Artifact Ideas

Comments

• Cosmic Soapbox of Empowerment

Allows the user to influence all the guards in a room at once, though at an increased ego cost (multiplied by how many in the room at the time).
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I might pay cash money to see that, if only to see what happens when there's a little bit of lag and suddenly 30+ guards are chorusing "What am I supposed to think of that?" at the poor schmuck who got in the soapbox.
  • and your ego bottoms out and you have a breakdown. heh.
    Maybe some kind of buffer? :)

• Ideas:

- Clover crits artifact (relying on the wheel RNG is rather annoying). The "a vibrant green clover" is already that artifact, but it's limited use and doesn't regenerate. Perhaps an upgrade to that would make sense to have it unlimited use.
    - Permanent scrolls of healing/protection/etc.

• Magic tome is semi-permanent uber-scroll but I like the clover crits thing.
  • A watch that applies a liberal amount of hot sauce to bland food.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    A charm that when activated and tuned for a specific collection causes any curios rubbed to have a higher chance of changing into that collection.

A package that generates a random curio piece once a Lusternian year, with a higher than average chance to produce a rare. 
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    +1 to permanent healing/protection scrolls, yes please.

• edited August 2018
    but then no one will buy my scrolls (they don't now). How will I feed my family! (don't have one) :wink:
  • An upgrade to the mechanical crampons to half scaling time again (down to 1 second) (300cr, total?)

An upgrade to the Brooch of the Tempest to allow flying in high winds.

Older ideas that still I want:
    upgrade to the acquisitio artifacts to include avarice and dropped items from corpses.
    Also supporting the permanent scrolls (ideally in a rune form, that can go on the magitome as well)
  • What about an upgrade to manse stables where you can just toss a pile of gold in and it autopays for your beasts. Or pulls from a selected bank that you have money in.

I just want to make my life easier.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Bairloch said:
    but then no one will buy my scrolls (they don't now). How will I feed my family! (don't have one) :wink:
    The same can be said (and has been said) of jewellery enchantments, cubes, pipes, vials, clothes, packs, weapons, instruments, furniture, so many more things...but they can all be made permanent! So why not scrolls? ;)

• because reasons. :P
  • While I don't think it would be possible, if so:

Tuning fork - Applies aspects of a weapon to another, but still keeping the attack messages of the other weapon.
        So, for example, you could apply the damage typing and splitting attacks(plus the lack of damage to players) of your gnome weapon onto your class weapon.

More of a customization add on request, but I also would love to be able customize attack messages. I vaguely remember this being a thing on something (maybe beasts?) at one point.
  • Map of the Gnomish Explorers.

Displays aetherspace at various scales.
    Displays your location on map with an oversized 'x'.

Displays directions and distances of aetherspheres, creatures and ships within a parsec.

-------- 

From Esony. Autopilot diamonaut.

Pilot Autopilot <aethersphere/gnomeship>.
  • edited August 2018
    Booklet, Pyramid, Pentagon, and Hyperpyramid requested change.

Keep current syntax. Create secondary optional syntax of:

BOOKLET <bookletId> SET
     BOOKLET <bookletId> UNSET <1-4>
     BOOKLET <bookletId> PROBE
     BOOKLET <bookletId> PROBE <1-4>
     BOOKLET <bookletId> SOLVE <1-4>

This would allow us to work around having to shuffle though and script these items. Additionally, this would allow us to use an alias we choose ourselves.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Artifact that functions like the Stag facepaint, % chance to resist force commands.
  • Ayisdra said:

upgrade to the acquisitio artifacts to include avarice and dropped items from corpses.

YES PLEASE.
  • Shaddus said:
    A semi-cheap artifact that acts like those powerstone artifacts...except for palettes. It destroys palettes and adds applications to the device to allow you to paint or whatever at your leisure.

Or maybe just a perma-palette that just replenishes itself once per in-game month. 
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Tylwyth said:
    Shaddus said:
    A semi-cheap artifact that acts like those powerstone artifacts...except for palettes. It destroys palettes and adds applications to the device to allow you to paint or whatever at your leisure.

Or maybe just a perma-palette that just replenishes itself once per in-game month. 
    That's not the idea, Tylwyth.

Yendor said:
    Anyone needing paint palettes, please take the 7000 I have off my hands.
    That's the idea, Tylwyth.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Who needs paint palettes though?
  • Tarot people
  • What about an artifact book that can be set as different books from inside the library system and copied?

If I am copying multiple books it would just help me keep them organized.
  • I would love a book that would let me access library books from anywhere. 
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Aypatea said:
    I would love a book that would let me access library books from anywhere. 
    Seems mechanically problematic based on how the library system is set up; I am not sure what the code structure for it was, but they had to start breaking things into annexes and getting really aggressive on limiting searches because it was causing lag.  One item that bypasses all annexes and just tries to access anything would be problematic, I would think.

Maybe it would work if you could remotely update it to be attuned to a specific library room in your org's library, and then browse that room's books as if you were there?  It would not require a rewrite... hopefully, at least.

I get the feeling the library system could use some love but it would be a lot of work.
  • I would be fine with one arti book to access scholarly and one arti book to access literary >.>
  • Aether-Inverted Sketch Sheet (just rolls off the tongue...) 2000ag/100cr

CAPTURE NEGATIVE <target>
    NEGATIVE <#> PROJECT <target>

This single-use artefact allows you to permanently store a negative presently saved on your wizzer image box.
  • I'd love to be able to toss credits at my lack of a family name. What about like a certificate that just lets me set my own last name? could have an upgrade that lets you adopt children as a single parent.