Wyrdenwood skills

Comments

• Liok said:
    So, the *woods turn you into a tree.

Do... do you still wear clothing?  Isn't it a bit awkward to think about a gigantic tree running around in a greatrobe?  x.x
    Oh gods, not this again.
    Look. If a faeling and igasho can wear the same dress and have it fit perfectly for both of them, then it can fit at tree person as well.

• My bad.  Was just a passing thought that I hadn't scoured for.  I just think the image is funny x.x
  • Just picture them with a fancy hat caught up in their branches. That's the funny one.  :))

• I'm more giggling at the thought of a newlywed who cannot seem to remember upon which small branch rests his wedding band when confronted by his wife.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I think it's really silly too. Eventually, I want to envoy the skillsets so that we can't wear greatrobes (which make questionable sense), but we get a tattooarmor-type cutting/blunt defense... just not as crazy as tattooarmor.

Just don't think about it too much, things get weird if you do. Take this for instance: If I am on tree perspective, you can see my roots on the ground... but not my legs, my legs are on the tree elevation. Therefore, my legs slide up and down my trunk?
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Everything slides! Anyways... lines with some explanation can be found here:

http://pastebin.com/a5CkxWCu

Don't have the ranged messages for the AoE attacks, but eh... I'll try and get those up at some point (Needs more than just one person willing to be pummeled to test)

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    And here's the message of Wyrdenwood Blaze:

You lean down and stroke the bark of your branches against the bark of a blackthorn sapling, flooding it with the Wyrden fires burning in your trunk. Dark mauve flames spring up along its eaves.
    A blackthorn sapling is consumed by the power of the Wyrd, breaking apart and leaving only the rich nutrients that sustained it behind.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Every time the argument about size comes up in relation to clothes, I always get this awful idea that there should be "sizes" for clothing and the size relates to how many comms you need. IE you set the base comms, and to make an XXXL splendours, you need 5x the commodities, for an XS 1/3 the commodities, and they only fit people within a given size range.

Just so people stop with that argument. Cough.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    How would you 1/3 the commodities when it only takes one or two of something?

Cut it into chunks and give you small pieces thereof?
  • Xenthos said:

I imagine at some point it'd bottom out (i.g. It'd require at least one).
    Eventru said:

Then it will still be way too big!

(I can't even explain to myself why I am reading and replying to the forums on three different monitors right now.  This is a little absurd.)
  • Xenthos said:

Eventru said:

Xenthos said:

Then it will still be way too big!

(I can't even explain to myself why I am reading and replying to the forums on three different monitors right now.  This is a little absurd.)

You ARE absurd, however not because of it. That's merely a symptom, sir.

edited April 2013
    :(

You wound me so.
  • Enyalida said:
    I think it's really silly too. Eventually, I want to envoy the skillsets so that we can't wear greatrobes (which make questionable sense), but we get a tattooarmor-type cutting/blunt defense... just not as crazy as tattooarmor.

Just don't think about it too much, things get weird if you do. Take this for instance: If I am on tree perspective, you can see my roots on the ground... but not my legs, my legs are on the tree elevation. Therefore, my legs slide up and down my trunk?
    Carvings would make more sense. I mean, carvings... trees... they just go together. I'm just waiting for some new tree person to be standing around, maybe catching a nap, and some young couple comes along and carves a heart with initials + initials in it... and it winds up being a tree tramp stamp.
    :P :P
  • Do axelords get a damage/wound bonus against *woods? :3

DISADVANTAGES:
      o  Vulnerable to cutting damage, level 2.

Yes.
    So do BMs and PBs.

• Xenthos said:
    DISADVANTAGES:
      o  Vulnerable to cutting damage, level 2.

Yes.
    I meant secondary to:

Chop                Chop down the sacred trees of the nature communes.
    • Virtuoso 80%
    • Syntax: CHOP <tree>
      With your more developed axe skills, you can chop down the great trees of the forests much more easily. You will be faster and do more damage than anyone else.
    (pulled from Xiel's site)

And Cavaliers who don't want to do afflictions!
    Xenthos said:
    And Cavaliers who don't want to do afflictions!
    Eheh... can still impale if you jab gut!

Eventru said:
    Every time the argument about size comes up in relation to clothes, I always get this awful idea that there should be "sizes" for clothing and the size relates to how many comms you need. IE you set the base comms, and to make an XXXL splendours, you need 5x the commodities, for an XS 1/3 the commodities, and they only fit people within a given size range. Just so people stop with that argument. Cough.
    There is a difference between the size stat and the difference in size between other mortal races... and being a tree so big that you're on two elevations at once, all the time. Not to mention having branches all over the place that interrupt people trying to attack you, and skills that indicate in their text you doing things with your trunk, which robes would generally cover.

@Sulaei What do you mean, 'would make more sense'? More sense than what? That's pretty much exactly what I was going for in flavor with the idea.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    The only issue with tattoo-type armour is that 'woods have to find another 'wood to tattoo them.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    edited April 2013
    Le Sigh. By 'tattooarmour-type armor' I don't mean "using tattoo mechanics". I mean armor that's inherent to the user that scales with skill level, instead of being granted by an object like robes or armour. So, at trans you have x/x cutting/blunt armor all the time, without robes.  You wouldn't need another 'wood to tattoo you, because you wouldn't be using tattoos. After all, tattoos are an entirely monk mechanic. 

EDIT: This is a weird derail.
  • I've seen 'dressed' trees in Seattle. It was nothing as fancy as a robe, basically just the trunk wrapped in cloth. Perhaps robe designs for trees could be submitted as a makeshift solution for now.
    The carving idea sounds good as a more final implementation of tree armour. Have axelords carve them and friendly elementalists burn in the enchantments. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!
    Veyrzhul said:
     What doesn't kill you makes you stranger!
    Fixed.
  • Sulaei said:
    Enyalida said:

Carvings would make more sense. I mean, carvings... trees... they just go together. I'm just waiting for some new tree person to be standing around, maybe catching a nap, and some young couple comes along and carves a heart with initials + initials in it... and it winds up being a tree tramp stamp.
    :P :P

And then that young couple are never heard from again.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    So, we have... Razor Leaf, Vine Whip, Spore, Giga Drain+Leech Seed(Crimson Moss) and Pseudo-Solar Beam(Glinshari)...I wonder what we're missing.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Sleep Powderrr.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Toxic.

(Toxic + Leech seed was an awesome combo, better than poison powder/leech seed)

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Xenthos said:

You produce multiples, like cooking!