Wyrdenwood skills

Comments

• UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Are Wyrdwoods able to use the abilities from Crow that need carrion? ie. Spew, CarrionStench and Disease?

Can't think of last time I saw Stench being used, but imagine whatever extra bleed it provides, with more affs from spew will help with the 1v1 weaknesses.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    It can be used, yes. Too easy to counter considering the cost, though.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    As an note, bleeding people to death as the main kill method is pretty rough. It's nice pressure but to outright bleed kill is a hard life.
  • Can Wyrdenwoods call their nests to their own branches?
    If it's broken, break it some more.
  • Can Wyrdenwoods call their nests to their own branches?
    No.  We also cannot change our perspective to the trees if there are no trees around.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Wilde and Wyrdenwood folks should have a hasty(berserk) mode ala Treebeard. And thorned vine whips.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Siam said:
    Wilde and Wyrdenwood folks should have a hasty(berserk) mode ala Treebeard. And thorned vine whips.
    We have thorned vine whips.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I meant a mod that would allow you deal a little more bleeding or somesuch ala pentanglethingy.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• What is the reasoning behind the leaves being used up to call the bomb, anyways?
  • I thought we decided because RAZOR LEAF

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    The IC reasoning, or the mechanics reasoning?
  • Both.
  • Mechanically, the leaves constitute a pretty much unstoppable aspect of the wood-chems offense, and passively as well. At the same time, they also give some of the afflictions that boost the final bomb. On top of all that, the bombs have the potential to hit all enemies within a large radius of rooms. If leaves weren't used up in making bombs, not only would it be nearly impossible to get a breather from them, they could also be easily timed to tick right before the bomb, making "building" the boosting affs an entirely moot point. The bombs should also not be spammable at all, and they serve as a limit as to how often they can be spammed.

In fact, there are many combatants who feel that even consuming leaves, the bombs are still too spammable, though that remains debatable.

• Totem Druids (I dunno what else to call them, that is, non-*wood druids) and mages can attach a sling to their weapons via Staffsling.  This gives them the ability to sling runes into an adjacent room.  It also means they don't have to wield their sling, as it is attached to their weapon.

Would it be too much to ask for the same for *wood vines?  We can already attack with runes from adjacent rooms via fusing them on our vine, but in order to sling runes, we have to choose to either unwield our vine or unwield our staff.

If I am wrong about this, please someone correct me before I sit here and make all my aliases include unwielding and rewielding x.x
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Kio said:

If I am wrong about this, please someone correct me before I sit here and make all my aliases include unwielding and rewielding x.x
    Last I heard you were not wrong about this, but it was something that was going to be envoyed at some point.

As such, might I offer a third alternative?  Create another alias called "prepRangedRunes" or some such.  Set all of your other aliases to call it.  prepRangedRunes will do the unwield / wield thing, and then if it ever gets changed (or even if it is already that way) you only have to edit one location to update it.

I've become a huge fan of limiting required changes in that manner.  Makes life so much more pleasant.
  • Rightio.  I'll try that out for the time being.  Thanks!
    I actually haven't looked at it myself... don't see why it needs envoying either. Try and attach to the vine, if it doesn't work, we'll bug it, as it should be available either way... even though you can theoretically ranged-rune people by fusing, it does take balance for fusion and there's no supersling in that situation.

Slap it on the incoming special report, for all the similar skills.
  • I tried. It did not work :(
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Elanorwen said:
    I actually haven't looked at it myself... don't see why it needs envoying either. Try and attach to the vine, if it doesn't work, we'll bug it, as it should be available either way... even though you can theoretically ranged-rune people by fusing, it does take balance for fusion and there's no supersling in that situation.
    The Admin know about it, afaik it was an intentional design decision for the new skillsets (just not sure why).
  • I'd be happy with just being able to sling without having to unwield something.  I can understand the idea of not wanting to supersling adjacently, since bombs hit adjacently, too.  And rad+instant entangle sounds pretty nasty.  But still.  It's the little things.  :(
    Bombs only.. slightly work adjacently, heh.
  • So, this Fuse thing is a little saddening.  If it is suppose to be a replacement to Fuse/Embed... it's not.  Heh.  It's definitely more comparable to envenoming for a warrior, but with a rune or mote instead.  Especially considering the rune, at least, is consumed upon hit.  I'm assuming motes are also consumed on hit.

I don't really think this should be the case.  I'd much rather be able to fuse one rune to my vine and have it hit on my attacks until I remove it instead of being able to "envenom" my vine with five runes.  The melding fuse/embed allows for the user to remove the rune or the mote when they no longer desire its effects, *and* they get to keep it.  It also hits passively and on a predictable timer.  If I fuse before every attack, it seems like it's going to equal out to the same rate of a timed damage attack + fused hit.  I could also fuse five runes into my vine for a nice little burst of timed damage attack + fused hit, but barring noose+haegl spam in an attempt to mana drain, I don't see why I would.

Would it be too overpowering to allow the fused rune(s)/mote(s) to become just a passive addition to the attack without consuming the rune(s)/mote(s)?  If more than one are fused, it could be random which one hit, much like with the demesne counterpart.  I don't think it's nearly quite as useful as it should be, especially considering that at current, I'm required to either unwield my shield (which I'm not going to do because of parrying/shieldstuns) or unwield my vine to sling or supersling.

It doesn't quite seem that this is supposed to be a replacement to the fuse mechanic for demesne users.  Instead, for runes at least, it seems like this is meant to be the way the *woods sling their runes, sacrificing a second rune for a little damage.

Then again, I'm just little.  But it's worth asking about!
    edited April 2013
    That's the conclusion I/we came to on the envoys chat, this is a pretty bad skill. We're looking at trying to get a change to it in during this next woodchemantics special report. It's even worse for dreamweavers, who had to use power to create their motes, because it doesn't mask the affliction given, and normal flicking does.

My fix would be as follows: 
    -Remove rad and haegl on the list of 'fuseable' runes.
    -Allow the embedding of as many motes/runes as the caster desires, each taking a normal (~4s) eq, just like fuseing/embedding a rune.
    -Runes/motes not consumed when used.
    -The first mote/rune fused in will fire first. Once it successfully fires, the next happens, in order of embedding. Once they have all fired, it returns to the start of the queue (just like demesne embedding).
    -Have this skill only work on attacks made against people in your room (no los ranged).
    -Memoryloss would have its embedded duration (1/3rd blackout duration). 

In exchange for hitting only a single target with their rune/mote (all of which are generally mild, and won't really stack well with the woodchemantic "strategy"), the woodchemantics user would get a bit of damage alongside! 

EDIT: Forums, what is this I don't even. Why is my first paragraph a different style?

Also, does the Wyrdenwood special sap-consuming attack work at range? Wildewood's does not, and it's a lot weaker...
  • Awesome. I'm finding that I'm absolutely *loving* being a tree RP-wise, but I'm having trouble sticking it out for the special report, heh.
    I'm with you. We have the absurdity that is high strength stunning carrying us in groups atm. Warriors have had it for years, but no real reason to do it. Now that there is a class that has nothing better to do active, it's suddenly getting attention!
  • Enyalida said:

Also, does the Wyrdenwood special sap-consuming attack work at range? Wildewood's does not, and it's a lot weaker...
    It does work at range.

Syntax: VINE GROW NOOSE
            VINE NOOSE <target> [<dir>]
    Power:  10 (Master Ravenwood)
    Outlay: wood 25 blood 100
    Damage Type: 50% cutting 50% asphyxiation
    Damage Source: Brute (magical)
    Innnnteresting. I'll have to see about doing something to perk up treehug, then.
  • Geez, if I could blackout or drain mana and health or paralyze or any number of other various afflictions whenever or whereever I chose on an attack whenever I wanted, I'd be celebrating. Tough crowd I guess.
    edited April 2013
    That's not how it works at all, though. It's a far cry from whenever or where ever, for having a tertiary that gives you a better way to do it, on classes that don't have good health/mana pressure. Why spend the 4 second eq to make your next 5 (50% physical damage) attacks do a single unmasked affliction on a 4 second balance... when you can double afflict on a faster balance, minus the  low damage attack? Or do your mote affliction masked? On non-locking classes, with (generally) low affliction pressure?