Wyrdenwood skills

Comments

• I feel like HS Druidry's seeded vines bursting out and entangling is probably something Bulbasaur-y, but I can't think of the name. :(
  • edited April 2013
    Darkseed = leech seed? Or thinking of something different?

• Wow, you guys are a bunch of epic-grade nerds.

*grinds curios some more*
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Eventru said:
    I feel like HS Druidry's seeded vines bursting out and entangling is probably something Bulbasaur-y, but I can't think of the name. :(
    That would be vine whip. Which is pretty much what you use to faceroll the first two Gyms.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• I facerolled the first two gyms with pikachu quick-attack. What, you mean you didn't powerlevel to 50 in Viridian forest? Psh, and you call yourself a nerd.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Don't throw geodudes in a glass house, Thul.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    They might explode.
    I always felt like explosion was a dick move. :(
    Now I want to play pokemon. Thankfully I have a gameboy mod on my iPhone.
  • Celina said:
    Now I want to play pokemon. Thankfully I have a gameboy mod on my iPhone.

Gameboy mod... iPhone... must google
  • It's called an emulator, specifically, @Morshoth
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    edited April 2013
    And the derail is utterly complete.

EDIT: I should just report @Eventru for off-topic. :P

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • edited April 2013
    Elanorwen said:
    And the derail is utterly complete.

EDIT: I should just report @Eventru for off-topic. :P
    You know it's funny, Raezon and I were discussing earlier month-long bans for anyone who flags admin....  8-> (Because, he argued, admin would never troll or otherwise behave inappropriately on the forums!)

And you're right, though. Back on topic, kids.
  • 1. Do the AOE skills affect both the ground-level and tree-level?

2. Would it be overly problematic if leaves hit on both elevations? (I'm assuming it would, but it would open up some possibilities for fun stuff, especially for Runists/Ecologists)

3. Does the extra damage on Creeping Doom from bleeding increase based on how much they are bleeding, similar to how a broken arm and a broken leg will both increase Wildewood's?
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited April 2013
    1. I'm pretty sure they do.

2. Probably, yes. It wouldn't make much sense, and would allow WWs to stick in the trees and spam shove and still have their otherwise unstoppable passives still hitting their target. I don't know how this would help runists/ecologists anymore than anyone else, though.

3. Probably not. Broken arms and broken legs are listed as two separate affs, to bring us to the standard 5 aff total. It's likely that any bleeding at all will just count as 'having bleeding'.
  • Enyalida said:
    1. I'm pretty sure they do.

Awesome.

2. Probably, yes. It wouldn't make much sense, and would allow WWs to stick in the trees and spam shove and still have their otherwise unstoppable passives still hitting their target. I don't know how this would help runists/ecologists anymore than anyone else, though.

Runes being slung from the trees, as well as smudges hitting both elevations (at least, if I remember correctly they do now).  Specifically Wyrdenwood, using desertsmudges with their bleeding leaves.  It would be like a demesne user doing the same from a room away.  (This was just a passing thought)

3. Probably not. Broken arms and broken legs are listed as two separate affs, to bring us to the standard 5 aff total. It's likely that any bleeding at all will just count as 'having bleeding'.

That's what I'm assuming, as well.  Simply curious!
    Thank ya, thank ya!
  • edited April 2013
    Okay, I had the opportunity to get some numbers from Kio trying out his skills on me this morning. Here are the summarised numbers of a few of the abilities in the skillset. He focused mostly on these and a couple other (smudges), but I didn't include those that didn't do damage/bleeding. Here are my stats during the test: (I was undeffed, dmp are from my normal tattoos and inherents)

***********************[ BodyScan - Resistances Brief ]************************
                         Type        Base DMP       Total DMP            Resistance
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          All               5               -                     -
                    Elemental               0               -                     -
                       Cosmic               0               -                     -
                      Cutting              14              19                   19%
                        Blunt              14              19                   19%
                 Asphyxiation              10              15                   15%
                       Poison              23              28                   24%
                      Psychic              25              30                   25%
                      Magical              42              47                   32%
                         Cold              15              20                   20%
                  Electricity              10              15                   15%
                         Fire              19              24                   22%
                      Divinus              20              25                   22%
                    Excorable              20              25                   22%
    *******************************************************************************

Tattoo armour at 84/84

| Strength     : 12   Dexterity : 17  Constitution : 13
    | Intelligence : 16   Size      : 13  Charisma     : 21

| Health : 5965/5965   Mana : 6897/6897   Ego  : 7920/7920

No racial resistances

And here are the numbers of the abilities: (Bolded+Italics is the name of the ability, Bolded only are affs/damage/bleed.)

<blockquote>
    FOREST SMUDGE
    The cloud of fragrant smoke coalesces into the scene of a roaring forest fire. Flaming branches rain
    down all around you.
    A burl cracks open next to you, covering you in burning sap.
    You are afflicted with ablaze.
    699 damage, 2s stun

DESERT SMUDGE

The cloud of fragrant smoke coalesces into the scene of desert sand dunes. Suddenly a sandstorm
    rises up over a dune and rushes down atop you.
    The whirling sands scour your flesh.
    Colours fade and everything becomes dark and black.
    You are afflicted with blindness.
    300 bleed

THORNVINE FLAIL
    Kio sends his thornvine lashing through the air at you with all the mounting force of a falling tree.
     As it makes contact with a vicious crack, its tip opens wide to reveal razor-sharp teeth that bite
    and tear at your flesh.
    800 damage

THORNVINE NOOSE
    Kio sends his thornvine lashing through the air at you with all the mounting force of a falling tree.
     As the vine strikes your body, it wraps your neck and forcefully chokes the breath from your lungs.
    You are afflicted with entangled.
    771 damage

BLOOD LEAVES
    Kio's blood leaves rain from his withered canopy and shower you in a red haze.
    ~171 bleed to ~250 to ~320
    * 171 is the lowest instance of the bleed I witnessed, 320 the highest. 250 is where most other hits hover at around.

INSECT SWARM (reqs ooze + pepper)
    (The sound of a hungry swarm of insects crescendos into a violent scream of buzzing and chittering,
    emanating from Kio's treehollow. An eerie calm descends as thousands of multi-faceted red eyes spill
    forth from his trunk, clogging the air.)
    As the hungry swarm of insects falls prey to bloodlust, their numbers seem to swell and they rise up
    prepared to feed as one, the maddening buzzing roaring like thunder.
    Your masochistic tendencies go into remission.
    The sound of a hungry insect swarm precedes thousands of tiny, black shadows with red, multi-faceted
    eyes that engulf you in a frenzy of blood, pain, and agony.
    You are afflicted with dysentery.
    You are afflicted with masochism.
    1385 damage

WASP SWARM (reqs worm + pepper)
    (A black cloud haunts the skies above Kio's branches and a wyrden flame ignites within his treehollow. As if called by the coldfire, a hive of wasps descends into Kio's canopy, its angry buzzing permeating the air.)
    A deafening howl of buzzing choruses through the air as the swarm of blackened wasps permeates the
    area with a wild, unfettered hatred.
    A swarm of buzzing and shadows swallows you like a living flame, tearing your flesh apart with the
    stinging of hundreds of angry wasps.
    Your magic tome warms as it absorbs damage.
    Thin tendrils of shadow reach out from Kio to rake across your skin.
    You are afflicted with paralysis.
    1417 damage, ~552 bleeding (with nightsweats. real bleed ~400, since nightsweats gives ~150 or so)
    1438 damage, ~600 bleeding (without nightsweats)
    1427 damage, ~400 bleeding (without nightsweats)

CREEPING DOOM SWARM (reqs all)
    (A pool of shadows and decay floods out from Kio's treehollow and pours down His trunk. A blanket of
    sinisterly chittering insects, their multi-faceted eyes glowing a deep red, manifests from within
    the murky shadows and slowly creeps across the ground in an impassable carpet of hunger, rage, and
    doom.)
    A tidal wave of shadows and crawling, writhing insects blots out the skies and finally crests,
    covering the ground in a creeping blanket of hunger and rage.
    Like a vile, unstoppable disease, the blanket of red-eyed insects that has infested the ground
    surges forward and coils its way up your legs. Before you can even begin to fend them off, they have
    already wormed, slithered, crawled, and eaten their way inside of you, spreading their dread
    contagions far and wide, deep within the inner sanctum of your body.
    Thin tendrils of shadow reach out from Kio to rake across your skin.
    988 damage, 656 bleed (no boosting affs with nightsweats. real bleed ~500)

Overall, the damage and bleed is decent. The numbers will be higher against those with higher max health, obviously, but roughly speaking the skillset deals less than 15% health damage for the active thornvines, 25% health damage for the bombs while I am undeffed with the above listed dmp/armour. The bleed is where the entire skillset is hinged on (as I suspected). Desert smudge is great because it gives delayed bleed, and wasp doesn't use bleeding leaves, so no time is wasted putting it back on. Fashion and light desert smudges until you see them start to go off, put down a forest and summon wasps, then do another one or two more desert smudges (until just before the wasp swarm hits) and start thornvining. If nightsweats is used as much as possible, it's possible to build up tons of bleed damage, with the forest smudge stun helping to delay curing as the burst into the swarm hits. Wasp masochism is also great, if there's a lucky tic before they can cure it, it's another 700 damage.

Given that smudges are aoe and hit enemies, you can build bleeding on an entire group at the same time, while focusing your vines and bleeding leaves on the high priority target in a group. This is huge, because in a group, you'll be alongside harbingers with their double mana song, and all the other bleed from glom guilds (not to mention all the nightsweats). As far as I can see, I think wyrdenwood is going to be a solid presence in team fights. It's not going to be easy to win 1v1, though. Undeffed, I managed to keep up with all the bleed easily enough while standing still and just curing.

• KioKio
    edited April 2013
    I hadn't put up Crowform, and I'm also not Demigod. I had a Truefavor at the time, too.  I don't really have much to contribute - I was only getting lines and playing with toys, heh heh.

In a perfect world, it would be a little better. I would have my snakebonded familiar attacking with haemophilia.  That's haemophilia and charybdon hitting every four(?) seconds for forty seconds.  Creeping Doom was at it's base with no afflictions.

If I remember correctly, in groups it will be a little different.  I believe smudges can only hit three people at once, and if more are present it is random.

edit1: My thought is to pressure vitals with the bleeding.  If you had to clot while under 30% health, I can be desertsmudging you from the trees while wasp storm hits, hopefully either bleeding you out or getting a crow swoop.

edit2: It may be important to keep in mind that if you were attacking me as well, more bleeding could be getting stacked.  I find it nice that I can pressure a little while hindering with vines noose and forestsmudge.

edit3:

Vine Flail : Damage Type: 50% poison 50% cutting

Vine Noose : Damage Type: 50% cutting 50% asphyxiation

Insect Swarm : Damage Type: 50% poison 50% cutting

Wasp Swarm : Damage Type: 50% poison 50% cutting

Creeping Doom : Damage Type: 50% poison 50% cutting
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited April 2013
    Elanorwen said:
    Everything slides! Anyways... lines with some explanation can be found here:

http://pastebin.com/a5CkxWCu

Don't have the ranged messages for the AoE attacks, but eh... I'll try and get those up at some point (Needs more than just one person willing to be pummeled to test)
    Thanks a lot for taking the time to gather these for us. I just have a few requests.

1) For each swarm-type skill, I was wondering if there is a line immediately preceding the final hit line if the wyrdenwood is in the room. For example, in wildewood if the person is in the room you'll see the italicized line:

Meae's eyes flutter as she finally exhales with a soft, gentle 'hoom'. The winds, once tame by comparison, grow wild and raging, twisting outwards in powerful blasts of shimmering spores, obscuring vision and forming a thick, cloying cloud of pollen, spores and petals.

You grunt as a blast of pollen slams against you, and then another. Petals begin to stick and cling to your flesh and face, numbing the nerves while the furious winds wrench at your limbs, shattering bone.

The second line is the final hit line and the first line is only there if the person is in the same room as you. Does wyrdenwood have equivalents? If so, I was wondering, if it were not too much trouble, if you could provide the one for each swarm.

2) For noose, can you provide the ranged version?

3) Can you show us what vine flail looks like?

4) What does your barktouch look like? Does it look the same as wildewood's?

Thanks again for these lines. They're very much appreciated.
  • Rivius, in Elanorwen's pastebin, the ones labelled as "incoming <whatever> swarm" is the line you want. They only show up if the wood user is in the same room as you. If you're in range but they are not in the room, you'll just see the other line that comes after.

Vine flail should be this one from my post:

As it makes contact with a vicious crack, its tip opens wide to reveal razor-sharp teeth that bite
    and tear at your flesh.

I think.

Not sure about barktouch/ranged noose.

edited April 2013
    Oh, in that case, can we have the cast lines instead? That's what I mistook them for.

Also, thanks for the line!
  • Oh, uh, sorry. I got it wrong myself. Got a little confused, myself.

The ones labelled "incoming <whatever> swarm" is the cast line.
    The ones labelled "<whatever> swarm passed" is the in-room line you were looking for.
    The ones labelled "hit by <whatever>" is the line for damage you get.

edited April 2013
    Ah, alright. It seems a bit inconsistent with the other skillsets as none identify the caster. Not that it matters overly much. Thanks again!
    Rivius said:
    Ah, alright. It seems a bit inconsistent with the other skillsets as none identify the caster. Not that it matters overly much. Thanks again!
    I actually do have all the lines in that pastebin. Here's an example with wasp swarm:

A black cloud haunts the skies above Elanorwen's branches and a wyrden flame ignites within her treehollow. As if called by the coldfire, a hive of wasps descends into Elanorwen's canopy, its angry buzzing permeating the air. <-- incoming wasp swarm. (Started the cast, meaning you have x seconds before it hits. 10, I think it was)

A deafening howl of buzzing choruses through the air as the swarm of blackened wasps permeates the area with a wild, unfettered hatred. <--- wasp swarm passed. (It's over, if anyone was hit, they have been. Breathe easy and feel free to drop shield, whatever)

A swarm of buzzing and shadows swallows you like a living flame, tearing your flesh apart with the stinging of hundreds of angry wasps. <--- hit by wasp swarm. Paralysis and somewhat heavy bleeding. (You were hit by the wasp swarm. Usually comes right after the previous line)

Blackened and blood-covered wasps tarnish the air with their presence, their silver stingers glinting and their translucent wings fanning a frenzied current into being. <--- room message of incoming wasp swarm. (This is what you see in the room when you look at the beginning of the room description)

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Vine flailing is cutting damage. Should it be causing bleeding?
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited April 2013
    So, what's the go-to bashing skill for Wyrdenwoods(at least one that's on par with Druidry Wasps)?

Also: Wyrdenwood Allergies plz muahahahah(kidding)
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Siam said:
    So, what's the go-to bashing skill for Wyrdenwoods(at least one that's on par with Druidry Wasps)?

Flail. Noose costs sap.
    Kio said:
    Siam said:

Flail. Noose costs sap.
    And barktouch... for me, they both do the same damage vs players... and I have boosts to poison damage.

• Elanorwen said:
    Kio said:
    Siam said:

Flail. Noose costs sap.
    And barktouch... for me, they both do the same damage vs players... and I have boosts to poison damage.
    What about denizens?
    Not really a good way to tell with crits and resistances involved. I've tried to judge, but... no idea, although it seemed like I could bash elemental planes easier with barktouch than with vine.