Songs That Represent Characters/Places/People/Anything

Comments

• Arien's lullaby to her children. @Renion @Kazel @Selenity and Atlair.
    Her storm-coloured eyes a muted blue, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Only sorrow can come from a rotting thought, My child, just like roots that have been drowned. You are a paragon of the wisdom I would see spread throughout the Serenwilde, but even the strongest minds must find release."
    -
    A shimmering liquid appears in your inventory smelling sweetly of something carbonated. It vanishes in a puff of silver smoke seconds later.
    -
    I write things
  • edited January 2015
    If we're getting into Leonard Cohen songs, then this one inevitably has to come up:

It's on Alary's playlist, actually. For a few different reasons. I consider it one of her songs, again, for several reasons.
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Lisaera said:
    This helps me conceptualize the Thousand Hands form of @Mysrai so much better than anything else I've seen: Thousand Hand Guan Yin
    Absolutely breathtaking. Also, those spirit fingers are -on point-.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."

• @Subotai

You know what I'm talking about. :O
    Her storm-coloured eyes a muted blue, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Only sorrow can come from a rotting thought, My child, just like roots that have been drowned. You are a paragon of the wisdom I would see spread throughout the Serenwilde, but even the strongest minds must find release."
    -
    A shimmering liquid appears in your inventory smelling sweetly of something carbonated. It vanishes in a puff of silver smoke seconds later.
    -
    I write things
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited February 2015
    Soundtrack for Hallifax.

The beginning is lovely and delicate and perfect for a pleasant stroll through Hallifax. If you stick with it for the long haul it gets increasingly ominous and aggressive, which I like to think kind of fits too.

P.S. Guys, this is from a piece called "Study of Harmony." :x
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    A little late to the party on this one, but I only just found out about this song and it immediately made me think of the Wheel of the Goloths event. Just imagine our alternate reality visions in this video instead of Hobbit scenes.

I used to make cakes.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    There is a video I want to post that I think represents Serenwilde, but I always hesitate. Some day in the (far?) future, I really want to play a god, and make things reality instead of just a wistful idea, sigh!
  • Ganks that turn into small wars:

Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
    edited February 2015
    Found one for @Portius. Stately as f*ck, just like P-dawg.

(also bug-themed)
    I used to make cakes.

• This inspires me to play Ilian all the time. Just general mood music, that's absolutely beautiful. Take a listen to the two famous soloists in here, Itzhak Perlman and Yo-Yo Ma.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink

Something Qistrel. Hm.

edited March 2015
    Blah, fluff these forums.
    I used to make cakes.

• This is for @Mysrai and @Gaudiguch. I always have this super Indo-asian feel when it comes to Mysrai, They are so mysterious. And the chorus really does it for me.
    -
    -
    I write things
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I don't even need to play that to know exactly what song that it.
    Some selections from my baking soundtrack du jour. I'm still so impressed by the diversity and confidence of this soundtrack; such a shame the game seems to be pretty meh.

Hallifaxian meditation music, looping continuously at Golden Serenity Teahouse

Gaudiguch, if it weren't a despicable cesspit

Glomdoring, partly because of the title, but it has a little of that spooky forest sound to it

Serenwilde, because anything with that particular wind instrument says Serenwilde to me

Magnagora, mechanical, industrial, a little annoying

New Celest, lacking a little in the choral elements I'd expect in a New Celest, but I didn't want to leave anybody out of this collection

I used to make cakes.

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    I have no idea.... just liked the song. If someone can label it, go ahead...

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • My feelings when trying to accomplish pretty much anything here.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."

• Salome's theme song, sort of:

Another Salome-esque thing:

Running from your life, it's @Celina Labeouf!  CELINA SURPRISE!

@Tarkenton

And the last one, because it's pretty, 10/10 would watch repeatedly:

The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Hi yes, here's @Manteekan.

* * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    That song is both creepy and awesome.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.

• Hallifax, as represented by Xyl and Trillillial's love.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    But we don't have monks. Lots of gems, just no throwing and dodging and punching jerks in their smug faces.
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • edited May 2015
    Luce said:

But we don't have monks. Lots of gems, just no throwing and dodging and punching jerks in their smug faces.

True, but there are a ton more similarities between Garnet and Hallifax than just there being lots of gems.

Both have future vision.
    Both are stoic and calm.
    Both are a perfect balance of two seemingly opposites.
    And both are really damn awesome. :)>-
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.