September Dingbat Extravanganza!

Comments

• KioKio
    edited September 2013
    Typo in one of the Moon/Night doll interactions:

A plush doll of Mother Moon says, "Emote produces a table upon which she sets her elbow, her hand
    ready to grasp another, thumb in the air.

Also, the Night doll still isn't working.  *cries*
  • Update: Doors don't work to control tenant movement.  One of my chickens just hopped right through a closed door.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Ixchilgal said:
    Update: Doors don't work to control tenant movement.  One of my chickens just hopped right through a closed door.
    Yeah, I was going to say how doors probably won't help as they walk through them anyway.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Tenant Ideas:
    Children (2 - 4 children to run around your manse.  For all the baby factories out there who want a little realism.)
    Farmers/Miners (Lots of people with farms/mines from commodity gems.  Obviously wouldn't upkeep or anything, but helps make you feel like you aren't going it alone.)
    Random Race (Basically, just "a small furrikin" or "a graceful elfen", maybe randomly generated.  The idea is to fill out the place without giving specific jobs - maybe they're villagers?  Or patrons in a bar?  It's not specific, you can decide what they're doing based on where you find themin the manse.)
    Guards (wouldn't be hostile to anyone, as Estarra pointed out that no manse death traps.  But just wander around, create the illusion of security in your manse.  Maybe have different guards for each city/forest, plus a set of neutral guards for the rogues, or people who org hop a lot.)
  • Ixchilgal said:
    Tenant Ideas:
    Children (2 - 4 children to run around your manse.  For all the baby factories out there who want a little realism.)
    Farmers/Miners (Lots of people with farms/mines from commodity gems.  Obviously wouldn't upkeep or anything, but helps make you feel like you aren't going it alone.)
    Random Race (Basically, just "a small furrikin" or "a graceful elfen", maybe randomly generated.  The idea is to fill out the place without giving specific jobs - maybe they're villagers?  Or patrons in a bar?  It's not specific, you can decide what they're doing based on where you find themin the manse.)
    Guards (wouldn't be hostile to anyone, as Estarra pointed out that no manse death traps.  But just wander around, create the illusion of security in your manse.  Maybe have different guards for each city/forest, plus a set of neutral guards for the rogues, or people who org hop a lot.)
    Those are really cool ideas to bring a manse to life, especially if there is a way added to limit where they'll roam as suggested earlier
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Ssaliss said:
    Would it be possible to get a David Ten(n)ant generator? :-?
    Your manse can be the Tardis.

2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • We added a cheap circle of light for sale (5db) that will prevent wandering mobs from entering the room in which it has been anchored.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Can we get an optional aggressive zombie version please? I had such a brilliant non griefing idea for them when they were announced :(

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Okay, let me float this idea, which I'm waffling over because there may be a potential for abuse. What about a mob bomb item which is relatively cheap dingbat-wise and is one-use only (i.e., it is destroyed after you use it). It releases a bunch of aggressive mobs when activated. Can be used on any non-prime location. Maybe 2db per mob, so a bomb that would release 5 aggressive mobs would cost 10db.

Thoughts?
  • Estarra said:
    Okay, let me float this idea, which I'm waffling over because there may be a potential for abuse. What about a mob bomb item which is relatively cheap dingbat-wise and is one-use only (i.e., it is destroyed after you use it). It releases a bunch of aggressive mobs when activated. Can be used on any non-prime location. Maybe 2db per mob, so a bomb that would release 5 aggressive mobs would cost 10db.

Thoughts?
    Too much room for abuse by people who are exceptionally tanky.
    I'd like that, it was when you said they were level 40 a massive bubble of inspiration popped into my head.

However, I don't think they should be high level if they exist, otherwise you're going to see abusal in Death Seal/Great Hunts etc. Though if they are mid to low level, and a one time only, perhaps 1db per might be more balanced?

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen

Morkarion said:

However, I don't think they should be high level if they exist, otherwise you're going to see abusal in Death Seal/Great Hunts etc.

If it's non-Prime, you won't be able to abuse it for Death Seal. Doubt it makes much of a difference for Great Hunts.

I can see it being abused for, say domoths, where you're already limited to a 3-room span in the Domoth realm bubbles. I can easily see it abused to prevent someone from reasonably completing stage 3.

It would probably also see more (ab?)use for Astral events - wildnodes and Final Ascension - where you might want to nuke a particular org-affiliated sphere.

And then even like domoths.. put a bunch at the dock, which is usually a single-point entry, and that can become a bit much. I think a mechanic like this  adds to the things we complain about as deterring player combat, as it becomes part of the strategy of "set up your shrine-meld-traps-mob army" and watch the other team flail around, let alone compete.
  • Are the scholars supposed to stay in one room?  Mine haven't moved in hours.
  • Ixchilgal said:
    Are the scholars supposed to stay in one room?  Mine haven't moved in hours.
    Ooops, they were bugged. Fixed. They should start wandering now.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited September 2013
    Why not just restrict them to manses, make them once per RL day (and place the same maximum count restriction as the tenants) and limit the number you can have anchored in a manse? That way people can have their fun dungeon manses but it won't be abused in combat situations.
  • KioKio
    edited September 2013
    Rivius said:
    Why not just restrict them to manses, make them once per RL day (and place the same maximum count restriction as the tenants) and limit the number you can have anchored in a manse? That way people can have their fun dungeon manses but it won't be abused in combat situations.
    If we're worried about people being force-followed into manses, I can honestly say I don't understand why that would happen unless someone is AFK.

And if you're AFK on Prime, you're being silly.

Edit: Oh, and Avenger avoidance.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I'm pretty sure this shouldn't be an issue with how forced following works nowadays.

I had to move a citizen out of Serenwilde before, and I tried to use Conjunctio to do it, but I'd always lose them if I tried to go to a manse to go to the plex to go to Hallifax. So I had to go the loooong way. It was annoying.
  • Will-o-Wisps! That's what I was thinking of. Have will-o-wisp tenents.
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • My worry about the mob bomb would be someone going to a manse shop and setting a bunch off there to murder the competition.

Other ideas for tenants:
    Cows
    Ghosts
    Cats
    Vermin
    Should be in a manse you own.

• Silvanus said:
    Ssaliss said:
    Would it be possible to get a David Ten(n)ant generator? :-?
    Your manse can be the Tardis.

Big on the inside, only one point of contact with the outside world, people go in and show up AGES later? Yeah, sounds like a TARDIS to me.
  • I guess I'd like maybe some org themed tenants.

Like stags and nature elementals wandering around would make me happy. 

And I'm already wishing we could have a guild unique one which summons Stag Druids and Wildewood but that only we could use.
  • I have two words for you: cat box.

I love whoever came up with this and I can't wait to have furry, fuzzy felines frolicking from field to field. 
  • Okay, what I'm looking for now are temporary reward effects (like 6+ different types of varying degrees) which could be obtainable/farmable and that won't be considered feature creep that would impact combat (too much). I'm thinking of xp bonus, gold bonus, essence bonus, influence bonus, etc.

Ideas?
    Anything but a crit bonus or influence strength bonus. Gold, exp/essence, esteem generation boosts would be pretty nice.

• Morkarion said:
    Anything but a crit bonus or influence strength bonus. Gold, exp/essence, esteem generation boosts would be pretty nice.
    Can you think of like 3 more different ones besides exp, esteem, gold?
    edited September 2013
    Estarra said:
    Morkarion said:
    Can you think of like 3 more different ones besides exp, esteem, gold?
    Trying to, but ruling out power creepers as I ponder ideas, certainly no to any more +stats or boosts to H/M/E regen.

A way to make figurines easier to level would be nice. As for personal short term buffs, boosts that increase your Divine offerings or give a bonus to the value of any power you generate for your organisation would be nice.

• edited September 2013
    chance for random essence generation (Such as shadowy essence, fiery essence, etc), chance for random commodity drop when slaying something, and perhaps a chance to generate a curio or coin when killing something?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Temporary offerings boosts!
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Curio rub boost.