QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• I also have a little over 70k spices. Now if only I could find everything nice... then I'd be able to make the perfect woman.

Then again, I could just put it all together and get Lyora back, which would be just as awesome.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Why is that ancient aliens picture so appropriate for everything? I'm going to assume everyone has seen it, and head caption it "Food Comms".
  • 4285h, 6555m, 5957e, 10p, 21900en, 32250w lrxkdb<>-
    A Manifestation of the Dreaming momentarily solidifies into a ball of blinding white light, which
    envelops you in a blaze of excruciating fire that pierces your mind with thousands of tiny needles.
    You have been slain by a Manifestation of the Dreaming.
    You come back into focus as the blur illusion vanishes.
    You become visible once more.

....wut? No,  I did not have sensitivity.

Was a nice fight with 1 to 2k hits, then BAM...
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Manis occasionally hit with a super attack that does 4k+
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Shaddus said:
    Manis occasionally hit with a super attack that does 4k+
    They hit like mad trucks at times... even with my resistances + attune, it still hits for a decent 3.8k+... but yes, I'd assume on a person that isn't as well protected, a hit could go in the excess of 4.2k

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    We're in your city, stealing your Archmage.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Staaahp I can't even bear to think of that. ;_;
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Come to Gaudi with her. We've got a tavern you can run, and plenty of initiates to meditate with ;)
  • Marcella said:
    The Red Star also wasn't a star. It was the prison of the Lovers sent off, like, centuries and centuries ago, and whoops our gravitational pull or some shit pulled it back in. We put that in the sky ourselves.
    That reminds me of that Futurama episode where New New York is nearly hit by a ball of 1000 years old garbage
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited January 2015
    Aruin said:

I'm just having flashbacks to reading Dragon Riders of Pern

Oh man. What if we'd gotten telepathic dragon mounts out of that event instead of lame Yomoigu? :x

(Answer: we'd have been effed by Nemach this year)
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Daraius said:
    I'm just having flashbacks to reading Dragon Riders of Pern
    Oh man. What if we'd gotten telepathic dragon mounts out of that event instead of lame Yomoigu? :x (Answer: we'd have been effed by Nemach this year)
    We don't really want dragons in the Basin anyway. Have you looked at a black dragon? I believe the size descriptor used for it was "Dwarfs the moon"

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Yeah, but black dragons aren't part of the race of dragons that splintered from Dracnoris. Black dragons are formed from the scattered essence of the soulless Draxbaylock (or something). I'm pretty sure normal dragons, though large, don't dwarf the moon.

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Also, perspective. Even a kitten dwarfs the moon at the correct angle.
  • There's a red dragon (explicitly a dragon) as part of the Gaudi-bix chain isn't there?
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Yeah.

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    The real answer to that is: your city's coffers (assuming it's the bank)
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Already pointed that out over newbie :D
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Tarkenton said:
    That's no moon
    Tarkenton said:
    We're on a spaceship. In space. Shooting at a space dragon. I think the comparison to the moon would be pretty straightforward and not perspective-dependent.

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Angles and perspective do still exist in said space. Distance from, etc, etc.

However, taking the number of shots to kill a dragon into consideration, what does that say about the size of certain ships that have more hp/absorb more shots?
    edited January 2015
    Tarkenton said:
    Angles and perspective do still exist in said space. Distance from, etc, etc. However, taking the number of shots to kill a dragon into consideration, what does that say about the size of certain ships that have more hp/absorb more shots?
    Well, considering the fact that a 'room' adds 50 hull to a ship and that you can fit a nexus and 100+ people in a room, I'm sure you can guess.

EDIT: That said, I doubt ships were ever intended to be as huge as we get them these days... and there really should have been an upper limit put at some point in time.

• You raise your hands dramatically, and summon an icewall to the down, which quickly floats away.

You say, "Awkward."