QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• edited January 2015
    Shaddus said:
    (Secretly, I hope this is a change allowing furniture to be sold in shops)
    It would not be very practical to furnish any area since they lie there and can be picked up by anyone. Acquisitio and stuff. Your furniture would keep disappearing to random people passing there unless you find a way to anchor it...

EDIT When I QQ the chair won't stay in my inventory. It falls back on the ground and I have to pick it back up if I want to wield it.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Shaddus said:
    (Secretly, I hope this is a change allowing furniture to be sold in shops)
    It would not be very practical to furnish any area since they lie there and can be picked up by anyone. Acquisitio and stuff. Your furniture would keep disappearing to random people passing there unless you find a way to anchor it...

EDIT When I QQ the chair won't stay in my inventory. It falls back on the ground and I have to pick it back up if I want to wield it.
    There was a brilliant suggestion a while back (probably @Shaddus) to allow furniture to be sold in shops, and the owner of a manse/shop/whatever could ANCHOR the furniture to make it fixed. This would be amaaaziiing.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • It would make pantographs awkward, slightly. Does the bonus apply to the furniture, or can only pantograph owners ANCHOR past 100%. And if that's the case, would it only be pantograph owners who are active artisans at the time?
  • edited January 2015
    unwield chair
    You cease wielding a finely wrought mahogany chair in your right hand.

anchor chair
    You cannot anchor a finely wrought mahogany chair.

drop chair 
    You drop a finely wrought mahogany chair.

anchor chair
    What are you trying to anchor?

EDIT Note that I'm currently an artisan
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited January 2015
    Aerotan said:
    It would make pantographs awkward, slightly. Does the bonus apply to the furniture, or can only pantograph owners ANCHOR past 100%. And if that's the case, would it only be pantograph owners who are active artisans at the time?
    I think the benefit should apply to the furniture itself if it's being sold. Chairs usually take up X amount of space, but if it's crafted by an artisan with a pantograph, it should instead only take up Y amount of space. Of course we would then need furniture to pieces to show their space % on probe, so maybe more complex than is necessary.

Edit: Someone make a thread for this, let's dish!
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    How it works in some of the IREs is that you can buy it in a shop, and lumber with it to your house (It slows you down to carry furniture). Then  once you drop it, it's stuck there. However, you can push it around the room (they have a mechanic where you can position furniture in a room).
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Enyalida said:

How it works in some of the IREs is that you can buy it in a shop, and lumber with it to your house (It slows you down to carry furniture). Then  once you drop it, it's stuck there. However, you can push it around the room (they have a mechanic where you can position furniture in a room).

This, that way you can attach chairs to desks and such.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Oh, here, have the room desc too...

The huge fleshy structures which support the surrounding cavern arch together, meeting directly
    above this central pit. Numerous pulsating slits emit intermittent squelches and burps, and when
    pressure is applied near them they gush with a clear, lubricious liquid. The layers of congealed
    mucus give every surface a glossy sheen.
  • You're the one who decided to ENTER THE ORIFICE.

• KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Maligorn said:
    You're the one who decided to ENTER THE ORIFICE.
    Look, I was just exploring, and the first thing I noticed was... Oh! A special exit! And then I was like... Oh! What? A reproductive orifice? And then I started reading further... and of course, against all reason, I just HAD to enter it.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I can't be held responsible for the low-hanging fruit I take at 2:30 in the morning.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • wonderwand twist medium
    Holding the Skeletal Wand of the True Mind aloft, you wave it vigorously back
    and forth until it glows with an incandescent light before transforming into the
    Skeletal Wand of the True Mind.

... Huh. Wonder what the odds of that are.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Good grief! As you attempt to fire up an oven, what you thought was coal is revealed to be cinnabar 
    and you melt it down into mercury.
    You remove 1 coal, bringing the total in the rift to 234.
    You put a piece of coal into an oven.
    Good grief! As you attempt to fire up an oven, what you thought was coal is revealed to be cinnabar 
    You remove 1 coal, bringing the total in the rift to 233.
    Good grief! As you attempt to fire up an oven, what you thought was coal is revealed to be cinnabar 

I just want to make yummy food D:
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    The Great Bog Mother says, "You are not fink, fink, but perhaps you help me, yes? Gather three big
    finks and I train them into champions to defend me from the gnome blight."

Obviously I am a fink, not a fink.

• Kiradawea said:
    Kazel said:
    You remove 1 coal, bringing the total in the rift to 234.
    You remove 1 coal, bringing the total in the rift to 233.

I just want to make yummy food D:

So you're saying that.
    B-)
    The mercury got you down?
    @Lisaera confirmed for turning my coal-turns-to-mercury chance up
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Tridemon said:
    wonderwand twist medium
    Holding the Skeletal Wand of the True Mind aloft, you wave it vigorously back
    and forth until it glows with an incandescent light before transforming into the
    Skeletal Wand of the True Mind.

... Huh. Wonder what the odds of that are.
    About as great as the odds of rubbing a curio and it converting into itself 5 times in a row? Actually, no.... the curio thing is most likely more of a rarity.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    edited January 2015
    You are holding:
    "bandolier220000"                       a fesix bandolier
    "bandolier201264"                       a fesix bandolier
    You are wearing:
    "bandolier138036"                       a fesix bandolier

You are holding:
    "dirigible201378"                       a mechanical dirigible
    "dirigible155495"                       a mechanical dirigible
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    edited January 2015
    Double:
    You take a long draught of water, hoping to quench your thirst.
    Your vision blurs and body quivers as you slam back a large mouthful of Jeremiah
    Gryphta's Olde Tyme Healing Tonic, causing an overwhelming warmth to race through
    your body through your chest, down through your stomach and legs then eventually out
    through your toes. The experience leaves you feeling good - no, great! - as you sway
    momentarily on the spot.

This hand crafted bottle of a deep, rust colour is a plain, unimpressive specimen of
    mortal craftsmanship. A long, slightly bent neck emerges from a round, bulbous glass
    body, pressed together into a narrow opening large enough for small doses of liquid
    at a time. A faded label has been glued to the front of the bottle's exterior,
    slightly out of line, with the words "Jeremiah Gryphta's Olde Tyme Healing Tonic"
    written by hand in scrawling letters.
    It weighs 8 ounce(s).
    It bears the distinctive mark of Keeper of the Word, Neos Eli'Silar, Aquamantic
    Egomaniac.
    Water sloshes about in it.
    It has the following aliases: tonic, bottle.

Well played Jeremiah, well played.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • edited January 2015
    (Newbie): Hassan says, "Okay. Good race for Pyromancer?"

(Newbie): Maligorn says, "Try GUILD RACES LIST."

(Newbie): Hassan says, "Client is recommending aslaran, dracanri, faeling, furrikin and mugwump...
    the later sounds... just ... no."

(Newbie): Maligorn says, "Don't be too quick to knock off mugwumps. They're high-risk, high-reward
    races with their very fast equilibrium speed."

(Newbie): Hassan says, "I do not have sufficient rank to do this."

(Newbie): Hassan says, "Mugwump sounds like the sound I make when I'm sitting on the can. :/."

(Newbie): Xaldrin says, "I enjoyed that."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    edited January 2015
    from HELP NAMECHANGE

OK NAMES
    --------
    - names you might hear in real life (Roger, Sally, Megan)

- a dictionary word, if not silly or offensive (Cadenza, Ragwort)
      (if Spindle, Skein, Bobbins or one of our immortals asks you to
       change your name, then it is unacceptable: please change).

does this mean I could have been Cadenza Cadenza?
  • Repetition is a core part of music, so I suppose I'd allow it.

• Digging through Events, found this gem that probably needs to be reposted:

Despite Skye's attempts, nothing would save Xynthin, Wyrden Glory. Glomdoring was set against Him, fearing His madness and the destructive force He would channel into the world. In the modern times, the Glomdoring began to observe queer temporal creations - variations of Xenthos, split by few and great differences, began to manifest. Xenthos Shee-Slaugh, wyrden Spirit Warden, Xenthos Shee-Slaugh, Lord of the Tainted Forest, Professor Xenthos Ysav'rai, husband to Talan, ranked highly in the Institute. Warden of the Wildes, Xenthos Treeheart, husband to Celina Treeheart, High Priestess of the Moon. High Druid of the Raven Circle,  Xenthos Ravenwing, husband to Sidd Ravenwing. The temporal anomalies piled upon and, soon, they became mad. Too many Xenthos from too many divergent time streams sped the process, and they descended into insanity, some violent, some strange, all dangerous.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Daaaaangerousssssss.  /wiggle fingers