QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Manteekan is a big softy.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    For Mister Zvoltz, Pejat has been terminated by the Replicant Dynodeon.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    The demon lords. Have to be careful around them.

Interesting tidbit:

You say to Manteekan, "Have you ever heard of Papa Yara?"

Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "My Yara? Does he awaken?"

You say, "No, I read of him."

You say, "In records of the Vernal Wars."

• Sedanas said:
    Eritheyl greets Supreme Master Luciphage with a sincere smile.
    Supreme Master Luciphage exclaims, "Feed dark essence to the Megalith of Doom. 
    It will increase our power! If you run across essence that is not dark, bring it 
    to me and I will transform it!"
    5943h, 3521m, 4205e, 0p, 18860en, 18668w Bex-
    Supreme Master Luciphage exclaims, "Above all, I wish to see the Holy Supernals 
    of Celestia slain. Bring me the body of one of those sanctimonious creatures, 
    and I will reward you handsomely!"
    5980h, 3647m, 4205e, 0p, 18860en, 18674w Bex-wink luciphage
    You wink conspiratorially at Supreme Master Luciphage.
    Supreme Master Luciphage says, "It has been a long time since anyone has dared 
    to wink at me. Do you want to know why?"
    5980h, 3647m, 4205e, 0p, 18860en, 18680w Bex-

With a cold smile, Supreme Master Luciphage raises a clenched fist and twists 
    his wrist. You collapse as your bones suddenly twist and break.
    You are afflicted with brokenleftarm.
    apply mending to arm
    You cease to wield a bloodstone spurred wooden katana.
    apply mending to arm
    You are afflicted with brokenrightarm.
    apply mending to arm
    You are afflicted with sprawled.
    stand
    251h, 3647m, 4205e, 0p, 18860en, 18686w Bexp-
    You take out some mending salve and quickly rub it on your arms.
    The bones in your left arm mend.
    You have cured brokenleftarm.
    The salve dissolves and quickly disappears after you apply it.
    You stand up and stretch your arms out wide.
    You have cured sprawled.
    251h, 3647m, 4205e, 0p, 18860en, 18686w Bex-
    [Autocuring]: sip healing
    You take a drink of a potion of healing from a vial.
    The potion heals and soothes you.
    1138h, 3647m, 4205e, 0p, 18860en, 18686w Bex-
    You bleed 220 health.
    clot
    clot
    clot
    clot
    clot
    1157h, 3773m, 4205e, 0p, 18860en, 18686w Bex-
    You exert superior mental control and your wounds clot before your eyes.
    1157h, 3713m, 4205e, 0p, 18860en, 18674w Bex-
    1157h, 3653m, 4205e, 0p, 18860en, 18662w Bex-
    You may apply another salve to yourself.
    1157h, 3593m, 4205e, 0p, 18860en, 18650w Bex-
    1157h, 3533m, 4205e, 0p, 18860en, 18638w Bex-
    1157h, 3473m, 4205e, 0p, 18860en, 18626w Bex-

You have been slain by Supreme Master Luciphage.

hahahahhahahaha. I never knew that was coded in there. Gotta love the demonlords.
  • Qistrel said:
    Interesting tidbit:

You say to Manteekan, "Have you ever heard of Papa Yara?"

Manteekan, the Nightmare says, "My Yara? Does he awaken?"

You say, "No, I read of him."

You say, "In records of the Vernal Wars."

Jeez...did Manteekan create -every- dark fae out there... Better not mention White blossom.
    I mentioned her, she said she wasn't His. So, in answer to your question, no. Not every single one.

Arcanis said:
    Sedanas said:
    Supreme Master Luciphage exclaims, "Feed dark essence to the Megalith of Doom. 
    It will increase our power! If you run across essence that is not dark, bring it 
    to me and I will transform it!"
    5943h, 3521m, 4205e, 0p, 18860en, 18668w Bex-
    Supreme Master Luciphage exclaims, "Above all, I wish to see the Holy Supernals 
    of Celestia slain. Bring me the body of one of those sanctimonious creatures, 
    and I will reward you handsomely!"
    5980h, 3647m, 4205e, 0p, 18860en, 18674w Bex-wink luciphage
    You wink conspiratorially at Supreme Master Luciphage.
    Supreme Master Luciphage says, "It has been a long time since anyone has dared 
    to wink at me. Do you want to know why?"
    5980h, 3647m, 4205e, 0p, 18860en, 18680w Bex-

apply mending to arm
    You cease to wield a bloodstone spurred wooden katana.
    apply mending to arm
    You are afflicted with brokenrightarm.
    apply mending to arm
    You are afflicted with sprawled.
    stand
    You take out some mending salve and quickly rub it on your arms.
    The bones in your left arm mend.
    You have cured brokenleftarm.
    You stand up and stretch your arms out wide.
    You have cured sprawled.
    251h, 3647m, 4205e, 0p, 18860en, 18686w Bex-
    [Autocuring]: sip healing
    You take a drink of a potion of healing from a vial.
    The potion heals and soothes you.
    1138h, 3647m, 4205e, 0p, 18860en, 18686w Bex-
    You bleed 220 health.
    clot
    clot
    clot
    clot
    clot
    1157h, 3773m, 4205e, 0p, 18860en, 18686w Bex-
    1157h, 3713m, 4205e, 0p, 18860en, 18674w Bex-
    1157h, 3653m, 4205e, 0p, 18860en, 18662w Bex-
    You may apply another salve to yourself.
    1157h, 3593m, 4205e, 0p, 18860en, 18650w Bex-
    1157h, 3533m, 4205e, 0p, 18860en, 18638w Bex-
    1157h, 3473m, 4205e, 0p, 18860en, 18626w Bex-

You have been slain by Supreme Master Luciphage.

hahahahhahahaha. I never knew that was coded in there. Gotta love the demonlords.
    The best thing is to grovel to Luciphage, and then nippletwist him right before he teleports you out.
  • No no.

The best thing is to grovel to Ashtorath, and in the time between you sending the command and it going through, he starts raging.
  • Akyaevin said:
    No no.

The best thing is to grovel to Ashtorath, and in the time between you sending the command and it going through, he starts raging.

Secret to making Ashtorath even possibly rage more? Have a reflection up.
    Nerf scarves.

• Talan said:
    For those cold Lusternian nights...

Made entirely from sensual sheer silk, this scarf proclaims a magnificent ivory chalice, out of which spill what is easily a thousand
    poppies. Ranging in size from as small as a faeling's thumbnail to as large as a krokani's eye, the poppies flow across a scarlet background from the chalice on one edge to the black of the void on the other. Each of the poppies is a slightly different colour, mainly indigo, saffron, scarlet, ivory, and copper, but with different blushes of the other four mixed in as well.
    It weighs about 3 pounds and 0 ounce(s).
    It has a warmth factor of 5.
    It bears the distinctive mark of [Redacted].
    It has been stamped with the seal of [Redacted].
    <tons of runes>
    It has the following aliases: scarf.

Such a short description. When the artifacts on an object are longer than the description, there is something wrong.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **

Ayisdra said:
    Talan said:
    For those cold Lusternian nights...

Made entirely from sensual sheer silk, this scarf proclaims a magnificent ivory chalice, out of which spill what is easily a thousand
    poppies. Ranging in size from as small as a faeling's thumbnail to as large as a krokani's eye, the poppies flow across a scarlet background from the chalice on one edge to the black of the void on the other. Each of the poppies is a slightly different colour, mainly indigo, saffron, scarlet, ivory, and copper, but with different blushes of the other four mixed in as well.
    It weighs about 3 pounds and 0 ounce(s).
    It has a warmth factor of 5.
    It bears the distinctive mark of [Redacted].
    It has been stamped with the seal of [Redacted].
    <tons of runes>
    It has the following aliases: scarf.

Such a short description. When the artifacts on an object are longer than the description, there is something wrong.
    I have a feeling Whoever owns this scarf doesn't really have reason to care.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Multicoloured, 
    pastel light filters down from the onion-shaped minaret dome that tops this tall,
    narrowing tower. Tall ladders line the walls, spaced evenly around the tower and 
    reaching nearly to the bulbous top. The room is filled with a bewildering maze 
    of hammocks, strung across the tower every which way, made not of rope but of a 
    thin, transparent, crinkly substance, perhaps a thinner version of the spun 
    sugar of which the walls are fashioned, thin enough to be flexible. The room is 
    largely undecorated, though in a few places, a parchment sheet decorated in 
    bright purple icing depicts a small figure resembling a walking duck, though 
    suggestively feminine and provocatively posed.

... Did I just read sexy peep candies?

• [quote] Avurekhos pets a handsome, amber stag with ecru wings ingratiatingly.
    A handsome, amber stag with ecru wings shifts his eyes over Avurekhos with a look of suspicion.[/quote]

That happened just as I ported elsewhere. So amusing....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    edited June 2015
    Exhaling softly, Laeroc, the Queen's Consort says, "I know that I speak to the Seneschal of the
    Serenwilde, the Silver Lady's chosen ones, and a member of the Shee-Slaugh family. You are not the
    ones who did this to my Queen."

Oh sure, the old bird who was there first gets left out :( . Thanks a lot Laeroc! *grump*

EDIT: okay, I guess Ev was included. Nuts.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • edited June 2015
    Everiine said:
    Exhaling softly, Laeroc, the Queen's Consort says, "I know that I speak to the Seneschal of the
    Serenwilde, the Silver Lady's chosen ones, and a member of the Shee-Slaugh family. You are not the

Oh sure, the old bird who was there first gets left out :( . Thanks a lot Laeroc! *grump*
    He's just saying you either need to run for Seneschal again, join @Lisaera's order, or... my family. Your choice.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • Slumping against the back of Maeve's throne, Laeroc, the Queen's Consort says, "But I am so tired."

Laeroc, the Queen's Consort says, "I have no need for that, I'm here to do Milady's will."
    Laeroc, the Queen's Consort hands a kafe bean back to Niina.

I giggled at this.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
    Kethaera said:
    Everiine said:

He's just saying you either need to run for Seneschal again, join @Lisaera's order, or... my family. Your choice.
    Don't worry they had a whole conversation about it after you all left :) .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• Everiine said:

Don't worry?! But now I want to know what was said...
    Kethaera said:
    Everiine said:

Don't worry?! But now I want to know what was said...

:P

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    @Lavinya tells you, "The guidelines are generally the same. However from you I require a piece of writing that outlines [REDACTED]."

Way to give me another bardic, Lavi. <3
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Lorah swings a white-gold angelic tahto staff at you, but you duck out of its way.

"Uhh..." stalls Lorah.

You peer about yourself unscrupulously.

Brother @Lorah, Supplicant of Discipline says, "How do you f*** when I swing at your legs?"

Lorah flaps his arms madly.

Brother Lorah, Supplicant of Discipline says, "Uh."

Brother Lorah, Supplicant of Discipline says, "Duck."

Brother Lorah, Supplicant of Discipline says, "I meant duck."

Lorah flaps his arms madly.

You say, "I use my p****?"

Lorah looks up into the air for divine inspiration.
                                                                  Sao <3 Pandy
  • Just sharing doll stuff.

"Tentaclessss!" you hiss, sinuously waving your arms at a plush doll of Gorgulu, Devourer of Souls.
    A plush doll of Gorgulu, Devourer of Souls looses a gibbering, incomprehensible wail, clots of 
    sticky viridescent stuffing flying out with a fetid reek.

A plush doll of Ashtorath, Duke of Inescapable Damnation scowls miserably.

A plush doll of Ashtorath, Duke of Inescapable Damnation exclaims, "Oh Gods, it's Ventidius again...
    I'm sick of play-acting!"

A plush doll of Ashtorath, Duke of Inescapable Damnation exclaims, "Quickly, Gorgulu! Use your 
    mighty, indomitable powers granted unto you from the glory of the taint and EAT HIS FACE!"

A plush doll of Ashtorath, Duke of Inescapable Damnation heaves a plush doll of Gorgulu, Devourer of 
    Souls up with a tiny grunt of effort, flinging him at your face where he attaches himself, squirming 
    in a mass of cloth tentacles before dropping to the floor with a thump.