QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• edited May 2016
    What seems to be the main difference is that scholars and bards seem to be reset when you ask them to follow you (or at least semi-reset). Pilgrims can leave you seconds after you ask them to follow you.
  • Meanwhile, Celest has managed to get Meleris to only grumble about other organizations in tells. Yay, Meleris.
  • Heir @Arian, Crimson Feathercakes says to you, "Hop in. It's cosy."
    Dedicant @Fralunah, Aspirant of Hart says, "Are you telling her to literally jump into a fire?"
  • Sakaki said:
    Kethaera said:
    Twytch said:
    A dwarven pilgrim mumbles something about you taking too long and wanders off, determined to find  her own way.
    You speedwalk west to before Avechna the Avenger.
    You have reached your destination.
    An aslaran pilgrim says, "Oh, I thank you, Twytch! You have been most kind to lead the 2 of us up the peak. Here, please take this small amount of gold as a gesture of our thanks."

8-|
    I always try to get at least 4 of them for exactly this reason... It's curious that this problem doesn't seem to exist for the bards and scholars. 
    Actually Scholars DO leave you if you take too long - I've had some do it in the past.  The amount of time seems to be completely random though.
    I know that they'll eventually leave, but it seems far less random/ less common than the pilgrims. I haven't actually timed it or anything, but it's definitely something I've noticed that appears consistent.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • Ssaliss said:
    What seems to be the main difference is that scholars and bards seem to be reset when you ask them to follow you (or at least semi-reset). Pilgrims can leave you seconds after you ask them to follow you.
    I believe that you're correct, @Ssaliss.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • Ssaliss said:
     As someone who's done the daily's for each over 300x's Pilgims seems the most random, I have gone around the roads twice and still had all the bards and scholars. But pilgrims have a random reset time. 
    From my impression bards and scholars stay at least a day or two....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Dylara said:
    Irillia said:
    Lady Sylandra Shevat, the Winter Sonata recites, "Perhaps you, like the glacier, would prove hard to scrute in warfare. Or perhaps an Antlers swayed by the Glacier would not use his most obvious weapon when confronted with such celestial-inspired conflict. I suspect you would know better than any others how this relates to you, if it relates to you."

Fraesic Sunfar, Keeper of the Matrix says, "Once the seat of power within the Basin of Life, the sole survivor of Hallifax, Archmage Cririk Adom, was forced to sever our city from the Empire's control. A society built on faith and magic, their aquatic tendencies and their nigh absolute devotion to the half-formed entities known as the Supernals leads them down a strange path, one that at times intersects our own of intellectual enlightenment."

Fraesic Sunfar, Keeper of the Matrix says, "However, they have a tendency to overvalue individuality and place a strong value on the lives of  those who are unable to work efficiently within a productive environment."

Sylandra looks up into the air for divine inspiration.

(Ministry of Marital Affairs): Zyphora says, "I imagine Fraesic like that old senile grandpa snoring in the corner and only waking up when he selectively hears trigger phrases. "Zzzzz... MAGNAGORA?? LET ME TELL YOU WHY THEY ARE SO INFERIOR. Zzzzz."
    OMG, Brennan is just as bad. I feel your pain. 
    If you are standing around Ardrak, you better hope that you don't forget to NOT utter the dreaded 'h' word around him *cough*history*cough* >_>
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • Sakaki said:
    Dylara said:
    Irillia said:
    Lady Sylandra Shevat, the Winter Sonata recites, "Perhaps you, like the glacier, would prove hard to scrute in warfare. Or perhaps an Antlers swayed by the Glacier would not use his most obvious weapon when confronted with such celestial-inspired conflict. I suspect you would know better than any others how this relates to you, if it relates to you."

Fraesic Sunfar, Keeper of the Matrix says, "Once the seat of power within the Basin of Life, the sole survivor of Hallifax, Archmage Cririk Adom, was forced to sever our city from the Empire's control. A society built on faith and magic, their aquatic tendencies and their nigh absolute devotion to the half-formed entities known as the Supernals leads them down a strange path, one that at times intersects our own of intellectual enlightenment."

Fraesic Sunfar, Keeper of the Matrix says, "However, they have a tendency to overvalue individuality and place a strong value on the lives of  those who are unable to work efficiently within a productive environment."

Sylandra looks up into the air for divine inspiration.

(Ministry of Marital Affairs): Zyphora says, "I imagine Fraesic like that old senile grandpa snoring in the corner and only waking up when he selectively hears trigger phrases. "Zzzzz... MAGNAGORA?? LET ME TELL YOU WHY THEY ARE SO INFERIOR. Zzzzz."
    OMG, Brennan is just as bad. I feel your pain. 
    If you are standing around Ardrak, you better hope that you don't forget to NOT utter the dreaded 'h' word around him *cough*history*cough* >_>
    Any word with Crow in it man, ANY WORD WITH CROW IN IT. >:(

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Or sometimes no words at a-WHERE IS THE CROWN DYLARA!?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    A kephera warrior cuddles up to your belly.

At first I was all "Eww, bug." then I was like, "Wait, is that an actual emote in here?"

Sadly it is not.
  • Cuddle is. "Cuddle belly" is not....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I learned about sneakylick on that hunt. 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • >:(

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• I too like muscles...like mother like son :D

• Yes but she really likes muscles.
  • Cyndarin says, "Rhinos aren't horny."

• Excuse me, I did not choose that name. The name chose me.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    You strike at Jyoath, a Goldenclaw wiccan's body with a ravenous crow-beaked bardiche.
    You have scored an OBLITERATING CRITICAL hit!
    You focus on your wasted efforts, resolving to shift the damage forward.
    Snarling, Jyoath, a Goldenclaw wiccan exclaims, "No! You will not have the satisfaction!"
    A single tear drops from Jyoath, a Goldenclaw wiccan's eye as he stops his own heart, slaying herself instantly.
    The blade shears through Jyoath, a Goldenclaw wiccan's body, coming clean through the other side with a strangely quiet swish. He appears momentarily surprised, before his eyes glaze over in death and he collapses to the ground.
    You have slain Jyoath, a Goldenclaw wiccan.
    Many golden sovereigns spill from the corpse.
    Your avarice compels you to reach down and hoard 109 gold for yourself.
    A ball of sticky webbing catches the corpse of Jyoath, a Goldenclaw wiccan in a gooey strand and draws it up into your hands.

I laughed.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I also killed him, same thing :C 
  • They started it.
  • This is an IRE game. Plan A is always kill first, questions later!
    WHY WE FIGHT
    Accountability is necessary.