QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• This isn't funny, but it did made me smile a lot. :)

(Gaudiguch): You say, "There are words here. How did that happen?"
    (Gaudiguch): Farlaris says, "Words?"
    (Gaudiguch): You say, "A script, glowing on the wall."
    (Gaudiguch): Farlaris says, "Illusions I think."
    (Gaudiguch): Talan says, "Are you referring to an illusory script? Like graffiti glowing in the air?"
    (Gaudiguch): You say, "Oh, like the bards use?"
    (Gaudiguch): You say, "Yes, Talan!"
    (Gaudiguch): Talan says, "More likely it's someone with a chromapen."
    (Gaudiguch): You say, "Oh! Thank you. Whoever it is, is very nice."
    (Gaudiguch): Talan says, "But do not keep us in suspense, what do the words say?"

Before the Eternal Flame. (Capital City of the Grand Province of Gaudiguch.)
    Throughout the location, small dancing flames flicker and spark. Glowing on a nearby wall is script that reads, "Breandryn is the best!" 

:blush:
  • @Breandryn Shhh! You were in the room when i did it!
  • I totally zoned out and didn't realize it happened! I remember the subsequent discussion about illusions and reality, though, which was lovely!
  • (Fire Hogwash): You say, "I feel like a bad person, begging from these folks in Lirangsha."

(Fire Hogwash): You say, "They are already poor."

(Fire Hogwash): You say, "But they are finding so much gold to give me..."

(Fire Hogwash): Talan says, "They're not."

(Fire Hogwash): You say, "This is my first time here."

(Fire Hogwash): You say, "I have to wonder, maybe if there weren't so darn many of them, maybe then they wouldn't be starving."

(Fire Hogwash): Talan says, "They're starving the way that Jewel once left her upper middle class suburban home to go and live in a van under a bridge."
  • edited November 2016
    You ponder the situation.

Head tilting in thought, you say, "Does the city have an anthem?"

Sksez nods his head emphatically.

You look skeptical and say to Sksez, "I mean an OFFICIAL one."

Adherent Sksez sings, "All hail Skseeeeeeeez, Handsome, cool and smart!"

You stare implacably at Sksez.

Adherent Sksez sings, "We forever hold his awesomeness very close to all our hearts!"

Xypher bops Sksez on the head.

Quietly, you say, "He is odd and weird and smells like boiled farts."

Adherent Sksez sings, "His smile, it shines like diamonds, His face has a golden glow!"

"Ha!" Rolan exclaims to you with gusto.

Adherent Sksez sings, "And the entire Basin thinks we're lucky that we know!"

Adherent Sksez says, "Him!"

Sksez gives up a round of applause.

In a soft soprano, you say, "An eternity could not contain what he doesn't know."

Adherent Sksez says to you, "You're cut off from all future Sksez-cooked food."

Sksez nods his head sagely.

You say to Sksez, "That food makes me dizzy anyways."

The Scarlet Lion, Captain Rolan Vessandril says to you, "I'll cook you better food than he will."

Adherent Sksez says, "Well."

Adherent Sksez says, "I'm off to commit suicide."

Sksez waves and says "Goodbye!"

Sksez leaves to the east.
  • Ok, so that got better. I maybe spun that silliness off into a contest for the city, to produce fun anthem lyrics. This is Rolan's submission and it's great:

You read what is written on a torn sheet of journal stationery:
    The Gaudiguchian Anthem:

Start by arranging a group of people in a bar, pub, tavern, or other
    place where you drink alcohol in volume. Make sure all people involved have alcohol in quantity, and they imbibe said alcohol.

The anthem is started by one person loudly singing in a key of their
    choosing: "Gaudiguch! The City of Freedom! The City we Love!"

To which all assembled parties shout in unison some matter of agreement. "Aye!" is preferred, but variance for flavor is recommended.

From this point on, anything goes. Sing whatever you want, in any way you want. Sing once, or multiple times. Drink before, during, or after singing at your discretion.

Finally, once a certain amount of singing has been done and everyone has quieted, any party says, exclaims, yells, or shouts "For Freedom!", to which all involved parties should echo at the same volume.

These instructions should be followed only as much as you care to. The important thing is to drink and be merry among friends.

Rolan Vessandril, Still Writing Terrible Song Lyrics
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    @Breandryn @Rolan's idea reminds me of the Hogwart's theme with Dumbledore directing. 10/10 would roll a(nother) Gaudi.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • > Godfeelings
    "You are:
    Truefavoured by Darvellan for about 21 hours."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    You slip into a brief trance, going under a deep cover and taking on the identity of Scuchidira.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Self quoting is horrible, but I had to post this.

(The Crux): Talan (from the Astral Plane) says, "They threw up on my shoes."

(The Crux): You say, "It was probably an improvement on your shoes."

(Person) has just left you message #74.

Message #74 sent by (Person) received: 2016/11/27 04:06:16)
       Jeez that was quite the burn.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Eloise (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "I keep trying to message Caramel and Yummy."

•  :'( Never free of it. 
    (clan): Falmiis says, "Aramelise, verb, 1. adorn with many flowers."
  • Gaudiguch holds an aetherhunt!

(Fire Hogwash): Rolan (from the Aetherways) says, "Look at it this way: If we die, it usually is because someone effed up, and it's rarely the collectors."

(Fire Hogwash): Ackaur says, "I think I gained a new purpose in life."

(Fire Hogwash): Sksez says, "Is it fucking up royally as a collector, Ack?"

(Fire Hogwash): Ackaur says, "I'll figure out a way to do royal damage."

(Fire Hogwash): Sksez says, "I believe in you, Ackaur!"

(Fire Hogwash): Ackaur says, "Thank you, Sksez."

(Fire Hogwash): Sksez says, "That's why I didn't want to go, Breandryn. Because I'm secretly praying that Ack's gonna do me good and crash the ship."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Double-drawing. If the siphoners draw a karibidean while another karibidean is already active, demigod passengers would be wise to ATH.
  • Well, I did cut out the part of the conversation where I admitted to crashing a ship as a collector >_>
  • [1:45 PM] Demartel: nexus invoke forum will be the new discretionary to get rid of vines
    Didn't work for forest fires, alas.
  • (salt joke)
  • Xenthos said:
    Didn't work for forest fires, alas.
    Well if you are trying to put out fires with salt, no wonder you guys complain about fires so much.
    Salt water works just fine, though!  The salt isn't necessary, but it may be more entertaining depending on your perspective.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    So... tears? Both ours and theirs works, I guess? :/

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• (Fire Hogwash): Enadonella says, "This clan is in the wrong hole."