QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• Was that in your manse?
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Yep. I was unfortunately afk but I came back to find it!

• Vielia, Pure Chime sings, "I'm going to rest, but will come back and hunt and get stronger."

Vielia, Pure Chime sings to you, "Like you."

My feels are over 9000
  • edited December 2016
    Note to self, don't play around with namegen when bored. Apparently it starts insulting you.

• Seriously, we can name our characters Me?
    Be right back.....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Tylwyth said:
    Seriously, we can name our characters Me?
    Be right back.....
    Nope, the namegen doesn't necessarily generate character-appropriate names...or appropriate names at all (obligatory mention of namegen's inappropriate suggestions of Oxcock the lucidian, and Feelmabag the mugwump.) It generally gets used as a tool to come up with race appropriate-ish names for characters in, like, plays and books and stuff.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited December 2016
    Squibbles, a small rex hamster scurries in from the down, chittering angrily.
    12420h, 9390m, 9390e, 10p, 26660en, 26660w mBelrxk<>-
    Squibbles, a small rex hamster rips your flesh with its teeth.
    Your body is restricted by entangling bonds.
    You are afflicted with entangled.
    Your speed defence is destroyed.
    The idea of eating is repulsive to you.
    You are afflicted with anorexia.
    11477h, 9390m, 9390e, 10p, 26660en, 26660w mBelrkp<>-sip lucidityslush
    writhe

You take a drink of lucidity slush from a stygian vial of wyrden splendours.
    CURED anorexia
    You have cured anorexia.
    11477h, 9390m, 9390e, 10p, 26660en, 26660w mBelrkp<>-
    You begin to struggle free of your entanglement.
    11477h, 9390m, 9390e, 10p, 26660en, 26660w mBelrkp<>-
    You bleed 431 health.

Yes, that's right.  The God-Emperor of hamsters already attacked once every second and did about a thousand damage per hit.  Now he also does Entangle, Aeon, Anorexia, off-balance AND 430 bleed every hit (again, at 1 hit every second) to boot.

Scary hamster!
  • Setting up some furniture in the city shop...

You say, "Benches?"

Captain Rolan Vessandril says, "Benches don't exist unless I'm missing them badly."

Oberburgermeister Steingrim, the Grand Schema says, "I have 99 problems and a bench isn't one."

You stare implacably at Steingrim.

Rolan stares blankly at Steingrim.
  • Gero being salty after I told him that he probably shouldn't be aging non-enemies in the south.
    <At Megalith>
    Lines of scrolling text wash over a chronomantic cube's surface: Yip yip
    Gero: "So yip little dog, yip about how weak you are in comparison to me. 
  • You gibber and scream about being devoured, as several clowns approach you with eating utensils in hand.

Now I definitely have a fear of clowns o.o
  • Rolsand said:
    Gero being salty after I told him that he probably shouldn't be aging non-enemies in the south.
    <At Megalith>
    Lines of scrolling text wash over a chronomantic cube's surface: Yip yip
    Gero: "So yip little dog, yip about how weak you are in comparison to me. 
    At least post the entirety of what I said if you plan to quote me.
  • edited December 2016
    no worries I have nothing to hide.

1. 6 ) Gero: "So yip little dog, yip about how weak you are in comparison to me. Yip that it's not fair.
    2. Yip how I'm old and a fool. No one cares or listens. Yip yip."
    To be honest I was probably wrong about the law, but you dont have to make a sarcastic comment saying that I'm dumb.

• Someone post it all I'm feeling super nosy now
  • There was more but I lost it.
    Rolsand. It's an in-character interaction. All your pastebin shows is that he specifically made that clear with an OOC tell asking you to keep it IC. You can't name and shame someone for playing their character in a roleplaying game.
  • edited December 2016
    Phoebus said:
    Rolsand. It's an in-character interaction. All your pastebin shows is that he specifically made that clear with an OOC tell asking you to keep it IC. You can't name and shame someone for playing their character in a roleplaying game.
    That wasn't the problem. If he doesn't want to talk to me OOC then don't talk to me at all. I made false statement about what he was allowed to do, and instead of correcting me he decided to make mean comments.Then he continues to provoke me and then eventually issues me for talking OOC.
  • edited December 2016
    Threatening to issue wasn't exactly necessary, either.
    Would be nice if Lusternia TELLS worked like it does in other games, where it shows stuff you say to others as well. (and capped at 40 instead of 20 to compensate)
    Rolsand said:
    If he doesn't want to talk to me OOC then don't talk to me at all.
    What... The game doesn't quite work like that, friendo. If you don't want to talk ICly to people YOU should be the one not talking to people.
  • edited December 2016
    There was more to that conversation about how I he said I couldn't keep up. 

Kyori said:
    Threatening to issue wasn't exactly necessary, either.
    Would be nice if Lusternia TELLS worked like it does in other games, where it shows stuff you say to others as well. (and capped at 40 instead of 20 to compensate)
    Rolsand said:
    If he doesn't want to talk to me OOC then don't talk to me at all.
    What... The game doesn't quite work like that, friendo. If you don't want to talk ICly to people YOU should be the one not talking to people.
    Tbh I stopped talking after a while but he sent his cube that gave me that message.
    Phoebus said:
    We've named-and-shamed people who thought that it was in-character to spam the spit emote at people hundreds of times per second... just because it's in-character for the character doesn't mean it's a Good Thing.

That said, I don't really see anything quotable here.  The whole "yip yip" thing is weird, but there's nothing actually worth shaming (or even posting) about.  I mean, I've had much worse, and the quotes aren't here.  Not even getting enemied to Institute / Continuum / Hallifax for killing the institute guild champion ent in Ethereal Glomdoring because it was brought along on a raid.  I found that whole resulting conversation to be really amusing (note: the Hallifax portion did get overturned).

I think it would be more accurate to say, "Just because someone is snipping at you doesn't mean it's fun or entertaining for anyone else other than yourself, and just doesn't need to be shared".
    Xenthos said:
    Phoebus said:
    We've named-and-shamed people who thought that it was in-character to spam the spit emote at people hundreds of times per second... just because it's in-character for the character doesn't mean it's a Good Thing.

That said, I don't really see anything quotable here.  The whole "yip yip" thing is weird, but there's nothing actually worth shaming (or even posting) about.  I mean, I've had much worse, and the quotes aren't here.  Not even getting enemied to Institute / Continuum / Hallifax for killing the institute guild champion ent in Ethereal Glomdoring because it was brought along on a raid.  I found that whole resulting conversation to be really amusing (note: the Hallifax portion did get overturned).

I think it would be more accurate to say, "Just because someone is snipping at you doesn't mean it's fun or entertaining for anyone else other than yourself, and just doesn't need to be shared".
    Oh, of course. I didn't mean to imply that all actions taken as a character are appropriate; I think probably everyone can agree that emote spam isn't acceptable roleplay. But this is totally reasonable, like you said.  Being yipped at is weird, but not wrong!
  • edited December 2016
    Phoebus said:
    Gero, the character, was talking to your character, not to you. You've changed your signature to this, you're trying to shame him, and for what, for playing someone who doesn't like your character and sees no reason to be nice to them? This is seriously not something to try to forums witch-hunt someone over. IC beefs should be kept IC. End of story.

I try not to get into these things but it super annoys me when people have zero IC/OOC barrier! 
    I play it for the pvp, bashing and other stuff and not for the pointless roleplaying that I can't gain from. I am Rolsand and Rolsand is me. I don't care about shaming Gero, but I do care about not getting banned or a warning for something that is not completely my fault.
    Rolsand said:
    Phoebus said:
    Gero, the character, was talking to your character, not to you. You've changed your signature to this, you're trying to shame him, and for what, for playing someone who doesn't like your character and sees no reason to be nice to them? This is seriously not something to try to forums witch-hunt someone over. IC beefs should be kept IC. End of story.

I try not to get into these things but it super annoys me when people have zero IC/OOC barrier! 
    I play it for the pvp, bashing and other stuff and not for the pointless roleplaying that I can't gain from. I am Rolsand and Rolsand is me. I don't care about shaming Gero, but I do care about not getting banned or a warning for something that is not completely my fault.
    I have a policy of not clicking disagree on posts and posting instead, but with this one, it's actually kind of hard.  That's just... not how this game works.  It explains why you go to OOC so quickly, but you know, that's one of the reasons I just don't interact with you.  I can't tell when it is IC vs. OOC and so I just pretend that your tells are astral insanity and ignore them like any other astral insanity tells.

I think you might find that you enjoy the game more if you actually put even the tiniest bit of separation between you and your character and play it as a game instead of a 100% numbers thing.

Give it a try!
  • I mean. You're not wrong with that statement.
  • I'm just wrong completely for trying to play a game my own way. 
    Rolsand said:
    I'm just wrong completely for trying to play a game my own way. 
    Games tend to have rules, and you're supposed to play them within those boundaries.  This one has a lot of leeway, but "roleplay" is one of the rules.  That is what rolepoints are for, they are a demerit system when someone is caught doing something that breaks that specific rule.