QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Pointedly ignoring the departing Jamilah, Mistress Jezebel says, "I will get me some of that demonic hunk of metal."
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • You give a package of meat to a wintry white owl with enormous, blue-green eyes.
    A wintry white owl with enormous, blue-green eyes quickly grabs ahold of a 
    package of meat, hiding it beneath an outstretched wing as she begins to tear 
    into the offering.

Thaendran says to you, "And when you forget to feed it it goes after Trill?"

Thaendran gives a wintry white owl with enormous, blue-green eyes the once-over,
    eyeing her suspiciously.

A wintry white owl with enormous, blue-green eyes gags loudly and cranes her 
    neck, then hacks up a large pellet of indigestible bits of bone and feathers at 
    Thaendran's feet.

You say, "Hardly, she merely dislikes..."

A great brindle mastiff pants heavily, his tail wagging enthusiastically.

You say, "...strangers."

Thaendran says, "A stranger is but a friend you have not yet met."

You raise an eyebrow at a wintry white owl with enormous, blue-green eyes.
    A wintry white owl with enormous, blue-green eyes cocks her head at you and 
    asks, "who", large eyes blinking slowly.

You say to a wintry white owl with enormous, blue-green eyes, "Was that pellet 
    truly necessary?"

Doman pokes a wintry white owl with enormous, blue-green eyes in the belly.
    A wintry white owl with enormous, blue-green eyes bites Doman with her curved, 
    needle-sharp beak.

Doman utters a deep, rumbling laugh.

Thaendran says, "Well at least it is an equal opportunity biter."

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • We can get owls?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Tylwyth said:
    We can get owls?
    If you have all four pet bird curios and activate the collection.
  • edited May 2017
    It only lasts an hour though. I'd love for it to last 24 hrs at least, even if I had to toggle its special ability off or something for more time.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
  • so owl is bird Voltron? gotcha
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    The hell did I miss this time?
    Luce said:
    The Belltower got destroyed. We conscripted a new one. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • How does that even work when he's not an NPC?  Does he wander around and just yell "Bingbong" when midnight comes around?
    Ino said:
    How does that even work when he's not an NPC?  Does he wander around and just yell "Bingbong" when midnight comes around?
    Usually, yeah. 
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Shaddus said:
    Luce said:
    The Belltower got destroyed. We conscripted a new one. 
    Somehow this is even more shocking and scandalous than killing off old tutors.
  • Eritheyl said:
    Shortly thereafter, the poster child for Revelry novices appears:

Stevarri sits himself down.

Stevarri says, "I was going to college, but then I got high. I was going to do my tasks, but then I
    got high. Now I'm sitting on my ass, and I know why, because I got high, because I got high, because
    I got hi-igh."

pls.

Part 2

Stevarri sings, "I need mead and a bag of weed, a big thick chick on my-."

Stevarri ponders for a moment and says "Hrm..."

Eritheyl gives a group of 500 weed sprigs to Stevarri.

• Selenity said:
    You take a purple tulip from a clay flowerpot.

You give a purple tulip to Brother Nido, Ontologist of the Wodewose.

Nido slips into a purple tulip.

Brother Nido, Ontologist of the Wodewose says to you, "You know what is better than a rose on your piano?"

You tilt your head curiously at Nido.

Brother Nido, Ontologist of the Wodewose says to you, "Tulips on your organ."

Nido winks conspiratorially at you.

You open your mouth to say something, but speech fails you.

I'll start PKing
    The deep, rumbling voice of Weiwae says from within your heart, "I am so happy to hear of your progress, and I thank you for bringing my influence over more shards of My Brother Tae."
  • At first, I was a little embarrassed that I didn't know what that meant. Then I found out that, according to google, that was considered an old joke 8 years ago.

• Redescribing my manse:

(Fire Hogwash): You say, "Wandering an enchanted forest: A mercurial change from the bleak, tempest-ridden tunnel to the south, the forest unfolds here into a sprawling expanse of golden bark and silver leaves. Sun filters through, dappled by the beautiful bounty of flesh stringily swaying between each tree. Coursing like blood pulsing or an insect laying, each ropey network of viney-veined flesh quivers and trembles as the organic growths reach deep into the forest, tendrils of flesh twisting out of sight into the distance."

(Fire Hogwash): You say, "My manse so pretty."

(Fire Hogwash): Shintar (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Heh."

(Fire Hogwash): Enadonella (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Hey brea."

(Fire Hogwash): You say, ":D."

(Fire Hogwash): Enadonella (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "You give me 8 hrs alone in that room and I won't swear at you for a whole irl month no matter what you do."

(Fire Hogwash): Enadonella (from the Prime Material Plane) says, ":D."

(Fire Hogwash): You say, "....that response is way creepier than I was even trying to be."
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada

Overwhelmed by a flood of toxic energy, Trooper Alexin, Clock Tower of the 
    Engine has succumbed to the zingavium-forged Sulfurous Spear of Abyssal Torment.
    You see the death occur at ruins at the centre of the Necropolis.  (?)

So... just how badass is this weapon, exactly?

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Lerad said:
    At first, I was a little embarrassed that I didn't know what that meant. Then I found out that, according to google, that was considered an old joke 8 years ago.
    I only know it because my mother and I both hilariously received one of those weird chain emails from some woman apparently named Svetlana who wanted to rope us into a mail-order bride scenario.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."

• You formally contest the vacant position as Guildleader of the Seekers.

[Short time later]
    The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "... You are definitely city leader, but somehow you're not."

You tell Ianir the Anomaly, "Yeah, you've been listening to the rumours again haven't you!!!"

(Fire Hogwash): Dys says, "Heh, Steingrim for every position!"
  • (Ad-Hoc): @Tirah (from the Aetherways) says, "I have been waiting for a chance to say "In trill culture, this is considered a dick move"."
  • InoIno
    edited May 2017
    <logs in and sees this immediately>

(Blarghl): @Portius says, "It's not weird at all! They're cute little snugglesnakes that need to be dressed up and loved."

• Kiradawea tilts her head curiously at you.

You say, "Hm?"

Brilliant Engineer, Kiradawea Startail asks, "Why do you have so many gas masks?"

You give a trillingly melodic laugh.

You say, "Gero made them in case people wanted to use them during the guildhall tour."

You say, "Some of the smells can be overwhelming to those unaccustomed."

Comprehension flashes across Kiradawea's face.

Brilliant Engineer, Kiradawea Startail says, "Yeah. Formaldehyde has... a very unique aroma."

You smile impishly and say, "I prefer Informaldehyde myself."

You say, "Less astringent."

Brilliant Engineer, Kiradawea Startail says, "Well that explains why you didn't join the Aerie."

The corners of Kiradawea's mouth turn up as she grins mischievously.

You say, "I don't think Aelaoili would appreciate my mucking up his clean hall with."

You say, "Experiments."

Brilliant Engineer, Kiradawea Startail says, "You just have to not do bio experiments."

Lifting a dainty hand to finger your neckline, you glance about with uncertain disdain.

Brilliant Engineer, Kiradawea Startail says, "I'm still gonna do a lot of my research."

Brilliant Engineer, Kiradawea Startail says, "Anything... slimy will be left to the Institute guildhalls."

You say, "I may just slip a few lab rats in for you all to discover someday."

Kiradawea peers at you unscrupulously.

You hum innocently to yourself.

Brilliant Engineer, Kiradawea Startail says, "Already we see the brewing malcontentment of a civil war."

You say, "I mean, you don't know that I haven't already."

Brilliant Engineer, Kiradawea Startail says, "Yes..."

You waggle your eyebrows comically.

Brilliant Engineer, Kiradawea Startail says, "Because one generally trusts ones friends not to fill the guildhall with rats."

Brilliant Engineer, Kiradawea Startail says, "I'm all the rodent the guildhall needs."

Kiradawea nods her head sagely.

Your eyes sparkle with amusement.

• A rare glimpse into the life of Ianir in the Havens. I found them amusing at least:

A gaseous cloier rushes forward with surprising grace, smashing his scalding spines into Marcella in a spray of blood.
    Marcella has been slain by a gaseous cloier.

You reach into the ether and pull out a gaseous cloier.

Having been too much for the mortal threads of Marcella, she screams in agony as flames engulf her body and burn it to a crisp.
    [ACHIEVEMENT]: You have completed the 'Hand Of Hope' Achievement! You have earned 75% Experience Bonus for 24 Hours.
    With a negligent wave of your hand, you restore Marcella to life.

You say, "... I just got a 75% experience bonus."

--

(Coders): <Awesome person> says, "I love how the <redacted> on the debug is "Ianir's hopes and dreams" - I can't help but laugh that it may be Ianir's hopes and dreams killing her xD."

(Coders): You say, "Nah, they're just watching her die."
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.