QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I hold no shame for my puns.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• A soothing warmth settles into the surroundings as Tridemon, riding a silver gryphon with translucent wings of rainbow gossamer, enters from the up amid a corona of radiant golden flame.
    An aquamarine shark glides in upon the air from the up.
    Gliding in upon translucent wings of rainbow gossamer, a silver gryphon arrives from the up, radiating a bright incandescence.
    A Kusala of the Tahtetso says, "Greetings, sibling of this glorious hive - may your prayers be many, and may the Supernals hear them."
    A Kusala of the Tahtetso bows respectfully to Tridemon.
    Meleris, Keeper of the Pool of Stars bows his head reverently and traces a holy pentacle in the air before Tridemon, one point for each Supernal.
    Meleris, Keeper of the Pool of Stars says, "Blessed be, Chosen One."

Seriously, this is entirely too much spam for a single entry message.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Yep. I keep bringing it up, but there doesn't seem to be any interest in getting it changed. Gone are the days of one or two line entrance/exit messages.

Seriously, one guard/NPC total should greet a person. And if one is riding a beast, the beast shouldn't have its own entrance message. And custom entrance/exit messages themselves are too long.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    I certainly would like to see freaking Fraesic muted at this point. Come one, every time we name any city/commune at the Matrix, he starts babbling about it. (I think Gaudis would like the same to happen to Mesadari too, no doubt)

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Yeah well, saying history makes me cry.
  • edited January 2014
    Elanorwen said:
    I certainly would like to see freaking Fraesic muted at this point. Come one, every time we name any city/commune at the Matrix, he starts babbling about it. (I think Gaudis would like the same to happen to Mesadari too, no doubt)
    I rather like the things that the nexus guardians say. It's an extremely condensed and simplified version of the view that their organization (should usually) have towards the others.

That doesn't preclude them from being annoying at times.
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:
    "THE DEMON LORDS CAN NEVER TRULY BE KILLED - GREAT IS THEIR POWER."

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

Lillie said:
    Elanorwen said:
    I rather like the things that the nexus guardians say. It's an extremely condensed and simplified version of the view that their organization (should usually) have towards the others.
    It gets annoying after the 50000000000000th time.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    They should only fire if you say the keywords TO them.
  • Elanorwen said:
    We added a timer to Fraesic so his word vomit had a cooldown. If you want to suggest tweaking that, it sounds like something your CL could take up with the city patron.

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Zvoltz said:
    Elanorwen said:
    We added a timer to Fraesic so his word vomit had a cooldown. If you want to suggest tweaking that, it sounds like something your CL could take up with the city patron.
    Why can't it just be done across the board? They're all annoying :(

I'm with Enyalida, only saying it TO them spurring the blurb would be great!
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    What, you mean saying Faeling at the Matrix won't spam you with a tell about stealing Fae from Ethereal? Boooo.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    What, you mean saying Faeling at the Matrix won't spam you with a tell about stealing Fae from Ethereal? Boooo.
    Actually it seems to be anything starting in Fae, go go gadget regular expressions.

Still, I'll pester Zvoo about increasing the timer and messing with the vomit. Not that he couldn't maybe just read this here and just skip a step maybe... >.=.> <3

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Zvoltz said:
    Elanorwen said:

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited January 2014
    Valonah tells you, "Greetings Anita, why are you holding the young acolytes head in yours hands?"

ii
    You are wielding:
       head63153 : the shrunken head of Zouviqil in your left hand.

You tell Queen Valonah Bel'Fiore, Soul of Darkness, "Oh, she proposed to me with it."

You tell Queen Valonah Bel'Fiore, Soul of Darkness, "I forgot I was still wielding it, apologies!"

Valonah tells you, "Aye, I guess congratulations are in order. I was merely surprised and concerned for her. It 
    seems a rather unique way to propose. I expect a formal invitation to the wedding when it happens."

You tell Queen Valonah Bel'Fiore, Soul of Darkness, "Thank you, Queen. It was quite a shock to the system to be 
    proposed in such a way, I was going to do it with a flower..but of course, you shall be invited."

Valonah tells you, "I'm sure there are many ways one may proclaim their love to another. I wish you all the best."

EDIT: TO save from double-posting:
    (The Myeran Community): Avurekhos (from the Ethereal Plane) says, "YOU CAN NOT OFFER HIM A SPOT IN YOUR FOREST, HE HAS ALREADY PEED IN A SPOT HERE."
    Hallifax has ipads....? :|
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Since pretty early on, yes.  :P
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Your conductive amplifier short circuits and breaks apart.
    Your insulation cracks and splinters, allowing the heat in once more.
    The disc of antigravity particles beneath your feet fails, breaking up.
    Your force generator sparks violently and bursts into flames.
    It is now the 1st of Shanthin, 373 years after the Coming of Estarra.

#thestruggle

• edited January 2014
    The Portal of Fate flashes as Yolo steps through, now ready to begin a fresh life in Lusternia.

Shouldn't that be "Yrlf" here instead?

EDIT: Or perhaps Yalf has a better ring to it.
  • Given what game this is, and its population, I think "yiff" would be the most fitting. /shrug
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

Lillie said:
    Given what game this is, and its population, I think "yiff" would be the most fitting. /shrug
    Failure to understand 'You always live forever'?
  • Commander Elanorwen Pavok of the Air Force says, "I weep for ascension."
    Ixion said:
    Commander Elanorwen Pavok of the Air Force says, "I weep for ascension."
    Well, I do.

• With a menacing roar, Mesadari Rhiero, Keeper of the Eternal Flame rams herself hard against Tirah, causing her to stagger back in pain. Hovering over her, she kicks Tirah repeatedly with malicious intent.

Tirah accidentally smacked a guard, but Mesadari's one fighting line is like matrix stuff going on.
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  •  I think by 'hovering' it just means the same as, say, 'looming over her' would.

• You lose your ionic charge as the cloud around you dissipates.
    The cloud of spinning dynomatic particles around you suddenly whooshes away.
    Your sizzling cloud of electromagnetism snaps away in an instant with a crackle and a pop.
    A fold appears in the tapestry of fate, heralding the birth of a new year as the Fates pen the next
    chapter into the neverending story that is Lusternia.
    Midnight shadows coalesce around a new day, and Mother Night embraces the land in utter darkness.
    It is now the 1st of Estar, 374 years after the Coming of Estarra.

The struggle continues.

• edited February 2014