QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• edited December 2013
    Edit: Nevermind.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    (Melville's Squad): Nayl says, "Does that make you liek a human pokemon? Essentially, a Battle-Genie?? IIINFIIIINIIITE COSSMIIIIC POOOOWER....itty-bitty living space."

I laughed more than I should have...Context referencing Munsia as a battle pet.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    A chicken jumps out of your hands!

Neiytiri's ears perk up with a sudden interest.

Neiytiri tenses her muscles, looking around warily.

Neiytiri prowls in menacing circles around a chicken, her gaze never leaving her.
    A chicken clucks and flaps its wings.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited January 2014
    Someone funny says, "Everything is equivalent. It's really not what it said or done at a ritual that matters, but the connection it creates between those participating. That's probably sacrilegious to nearly every possible faith in the Basin, but that's what I think."

A few hours later:

(College): Tiamor (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Would someone be willing to assist me with the Fallen Ghosts of Old Celest upon Spectre Isle?"
    [two minute pause]

Tiamor has suffered a gruesome death through magic by the will of an enormous gorgog.

I know, I know. Mustn't laugh at the newbies. But I couldn't help it.
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:
    "THE DEMON LORDS CAN NEVER TRULY BE KILLED - GREAT IS THEIR POWER."

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Chaote Hadulph says, "The cosmic plane is revolting."

Hadulph shudders violently.

A wry smile spreads across your face.

You say, "You will grow accustomed to it, I'm sure."

Chaote Hadulph says, "All the goop and and and -sphinctres-."

You say, "Don't forget the mouths and acid-filled pits!"

Chaote Hadulph says, "Or the boob-fountain."

I laughed so much harder than I'm comfortable admitting.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • No! Don't redact it! We need to know!
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

• I don't think they would appreciate that.
  • Eritheyl said:

Chaote Hadulph says, "Or the boob-fountain."

I laughed so much harder than I'm comfortable admitting.
    Haha, the fleshpot in the Chamber of Form is a boob-fountain! And a pretty unpleasant one at that!
  • Most recent communication for the Clan of [Redacted]
    5 ) Maligorn: "Bzzt."
    6 ) Maellio: "Boop."
    7 ) Pejat: "Sproing."
    8 ) Maellio: "Pzzzow."
    9 ) Maligorn: "Dzong."
    10) Pejat: "Skitterpop."
    11) Maellio: "Pchooooh."
    12) Maligorn: "Blurp."

I offer no context

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Tully, Janitor of the Basin shouts, "What did I do?"

Tully has been burned to death by a burning archangel.
    You see the death occur at Ackleberry Highway passing a verdant valley.  (296, 297, 295)
    From your knowledge, that room might be in Ackleberry Highway.

Died from the looks of things, Tully.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Alary says, "But I pinched a loaf too."

Context unnecessary
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Drawing back his left fist, Skye punches Grimbach, the Golden Poet.

The corpse of a soldier of the Army of Love appears in a ripple of golden light, eyes glowing a blazing pink.

Woops

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited January 2014
    With a final, soundless blast of power, the Burning Star vanishes from sight altogether, and the 
    Cosmic Lords drift into view, borne limply aloft by currents of power.
    15184h, 6742m, 9751e, 10p elrxk<>-
    A westerly breeze brings in a clean, sweet scent that invigorates your body.
    15184h, 6742m, 9751e, 10p elrxk<>-(+93m, 1.4%) 
    Marcella cheers wildly!
    Mirazel carefully makes some adjustments to a hand-held brass astrolabe, and gazes up into the sky.
    A westerly breeze brings in a clean, sweet scent that invigorates your body.
    Synkarin gasps suddenly and begins to inhale and exhale deeply and rapidly.
    15184h, 6723m, 9751e, 10p elrxk<>-(-19m, 0.3%) 
    A deep crimson hue infuses the noon sky as the Red Star grows larger in the heavens.

Well that lasted.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• You tease an anguished zombie, ridiculing her outlandish style and manners.
    An anguished zombie puckers her brow in thought, but then waves a hand dismissively at you.
    (100), (98), (73), (95), (100), 10p (19.14%) (xbksSi)-(-1174e, 22.1%) 
    You may drink another health, mana, or bromide potion.
    (100), (98), (73), (95), (100), 10p (19.14%) (xbksSi)-(sip bromide)
    You take a drink of a potion of bromides from a brown-furred rat corpse vial.
    Ah, the soothing bromides help strengthen your ego.
    (100), (97), (85), (95), (100), 10p (19.14%) (xbksSi)-(-50m, 1.0%, +656e, 12.3%) 
    You have recovered equilibrium. (3.689s)
    (100), (98), (94), (95), (100), 10p (19.14%) (exbksSi)-(+25m, 0.5%, +469e, 8.8%) 
    Sniggering cruelly, you mock an anguished zombie about her pathetic life.
    An anguished zombie breaks down and sobs, telling you how true it is that she is nothing but a 
    pathetic fraud.
  • While helping a novice with Mag's power quest (which involves killing spectres, a mid-level mob)

You whisper, "I...I will kill them for you. I...uh, I'm n-not sure if you'd be able to, p-presently."

Grunt Grum, ur'Guard Initiate says to you, "It says i am too innocent."

Grum nods his head emphatically.

Grunt Grum, ur'Guard Initiate says, "First time i have been accused of that."

The corners of Grum's mouth turn up as he grins mischievously.

• Yes yes, we all get the Big Lebowski references in the Shifting City lately

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Arix said:
    Yes yes, we all get the Big Lebowski references in the Shifting City lately

I've never even seen that movie.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Ixion said:
    2014/01/10 10:06:00 - Nilofer cityfavoured Nymerya for: Helping with the Stewartsville revolt.

Um... that awkward moment when you see the CL favoured...
    CLs need love too.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Derith tells you, "Thought y'looked more like a duck, dunno why."
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.