QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• Did you destroy one of my chairs? :(
  • Princess Aiyana, Phoenix of Ivory says to Seraku, ".. Oh yeah, I might touch your grandchild's ladybits. Forgot to tell you."
  • Anita said:
    Did you destroy one of my chairs? :(
    ...I PLEAD THE FIFTH!

I do know Lyora built a chair as well so... yeah. Looks the same. But shhh.
    Retired.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Haezon said:
    Anita said:
    Did you destroy one of my chairs? :(
    ...I PLEAD THE FIFTH!

I do know Lyora built a chair as well so... yeah. Looks the same. But shhh.
    I'm afraid the fifth is only available in Hallifax. As such, we'd require you to submit form I-PH1PH7 in triplicate, thank you.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Halifax needs a new joke that's not about paperwork.

Celina said:
    We have plenty. We just prefer keeping them to ourselves.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Celina said:
    I agree. Why not adopt the british stance of queuing, and whining. And whining about queuing, as well as queuing to whine. Think of Hallifax as less communism and more DMV city.
    Retired.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I always thought Hallifax was more collectivist and efficient like the Borg, so admittedly, I never really got the redundant paperwork jokes. I've never played in halli though. More Borg jokes, I say. Resistance is futile!
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    edited March 2014
    Haezon said:
    Celina said:
    I agree. Why not adopt the british stance of queuing, and whining. And whining about queuing, as well as queuing to whine. Think of Hallifax as less communism and more DMV city.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with our stance on queuing. Hmph!

(Wtf, this looks fine in the editor but broken when I post? :S)
  • edited March 2014

Tacita said:
    Haezon said:
    Celina said:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with our stance on queuing. Hmph!

(Wtf, this looks fine in the editor but broken when I post? :S)
    Except we have too much of it. Imagine long lines in Hallifax. The fantasy equivalent of the DMV. 'Attack the air plane, renew your aethership license'

(Your botched post has infected mine too, indeed, wtf)
    Retired.
  • Haezon said:
     Think of Hallifax as less communism and more DMV city.
    Yes!

I've never really understood comparisons between Hallifax and communism, even if we have a Manifesto. We're run more like the board and subdivisions of a megacorporation. Plus, you know, there are actual communes in Lusternia that Hallifax clearly has little direct cultural overlap with.

Thanks for putting it so succinctly. And thus, sigged!
    Haezon said:
    Celina said:
    I always thought Hallifax was more collectivist and efficient like the Borg, so admittedly, I never really got the redundant paperwork jokes. I've never played in halli though. More Borg jokes, I say. Resistance is futile!
    Resistance is voltage over current. I believe that was already known?

• edited March 2014
    Azureus said:
    Haezon said:
    Yes!

I've never really understood comparisons between Hallifax and communism, even if we have a Manifesto. We're run more like the board and subdivisions of a megacorporation. Plus, you know, there are actual communes in Lusternia that Hallifax clearly has little direct cultural overlap with.

Thanks for putting it so succinctly. And thus, sigged!
    Communism is taking the work people do and distributing it equally across the all. Glomdoring is actually quite communist in this regard as we are allowed to take pride for the accomplishments of others (I think). However, the fact that Hallifax has some 1984 overtones, what with your 'secret police' (The sentinels, and politburo stuff) and motto of 'War is peace'. I don't want to get any more political, and we're straying off topic, but it's not hard to see why the comparison is being made.
    Retired.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Wait, this is interesting. I've always equated Collectivism and Communism. The bureaucracy of Hallifax is only one facet of the city (imo); hell, we have the citymessage "One Will, One Collective" most of the time unless important stuff is happening. At the same time, Marxist communism looks for an abolition of class, while Hallifax has a pretty clear-cut caste system, but it's engineered in such a way that everyone is contributing what they can, and everybody has a job, etc. etc.

In fact, this is what I would think would make Hallifax get along with the actual forest communes, our idealogy + the fact that we don't really bother the forests for wood (because everything is crystal or metal or gemstone) and we produce enviro-friendly energy.

• edited March 2014
    Maligorn said:
    Wait, this is interesting. I've always equated Collectivism and Communism. The bureaucracy of Hallifax is only one facet of the city (imo); hell, we have the citymessage "One Will, One Collective" most of the time unless important stuff is happening. At the same time, Marxist communism looks for an abolition of class, while Hallifax has a pretty clear-cut caste system, but it's engineered in such a way that everyone is contributing what they can, and everybody has a job, etc. etc.

In fact, this is what I would think would make Hallifax get along with the actual forest communes, our idealogy + the fact that we don't really bother the forests for wood (because everything is crystal or metal or gemstone) and we produce enviro-friendly energy.
    Yeah it could-oh wait, there was that teeny thing you did. What was it again... oh yeah.

Sending a massive cloud of taint towards Gloriana :P
    Retired.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Everything in Celest is made of coral(maybe, idk, /bs)
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Morkarion said:
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns says, "We are Pack. Allies. Brother and sister and... Nocht."

Poor guy :(
    Being demoted to Zoidberg is harsh.
    Retired.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Celina said:
    We only had two jokes in Hallifax that weren't paperwork related. One got executed and kicked out recently, and the other is that Maellio can't get his large bulk into his boardroom chair without at least four trill servants and a complicated pulley system. Hallifax doesn't even have many more rules than anywhere else, and 95% is just common sense. We just spell it out more than anyone else. For instance, you can't drink alcohol or be under the influence of weed/Ceria's (in the city limits), no eating sharded flesh (angel flesh is fine), no belonging to Mysrai/Kalikai's order (but having themed items with their symbols isn't technically against the rules), and so on. We just spell it out so there's no excuses.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Burping my poteen, and this happened.
    A hamster in a cage-wheel bursts out of your mouth, lands on the ground, and rolls to a stop.

...what.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • (Clan): Steingrim (from Limbo) says, "If alary came back as a ghost I'd give you Tim Minchim's piano, one of his legs, and his wife."
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • Brujah says to Bethey, "You know where I can buy some new vials?"

l
    The Aetherplex Chamber.
    The spherical chamber is formed from a hollow geode comprised of dozens of precious gemstones. Large jagged formations of rubies, sapphires, diamonds and emeralds line the walls and ceiling. The floor has been cut and polished to a brilliant shine, revealing concentric circles of brilliant colours. Upon close examination of the glassy floor, shimmering reflections briefly glide across its smooth surface of wondrous mansions and abodes. A current of electricity continuously runs throughout this mineral wonder, causing tiny sparks to erratically blossom up and down the crystalline formations. The shrouded form of a wight floats ominously in the air here. Shimmering with aetheric energy, a bright glowing portal floats here in midair. There are 2 great brindle mastiffs here. Hackles risen, a fierce timberwolf prowls about here. A giant bat hangs here, wings folded about its body and one beady eye open. In the shape of an open palm, a metallic sigil lies here. A golden retriever is here, panting quietly to himself. There are 3 thoughtful scholars here. 
    Bethey Fyreoak is here. Dahnrio Onz'Verheu is here. He wields a regal ivory and ebony bardiche with both hands. Brujah is here, rubbing his chin thoughtfully. He wields a solid steel warhammer in his left hand. You see a sign here instructing you to use the PORTAL command to enter the aetherplex system. There is an aetherways portal here.
    You see exits leading north (open door), south, out, and through a bright, glowing portal.

I WONDER WHERE I CAN FIND VIALS? HMMMMMM
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Maligorn said:

Some people in the forests know some of Hallifax's... secrets. Plus, we frown on slavery.
    Someone of us have scrying mirrors and know Serenwilde's secrets too ;)
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Elanorwen said:
    I'm afraid the fifth is only available in Hallifax. As such, we'd require you to submit form I-PH1PH7 in triplicate, thank you.
    Even then, it will only be followed up after it has been sent in, sent back, queried, lost, found, subjected to public enquiry, lost again, and finally buried in soft peat for three months and recycled as firelighters.  /hitchhikersguideFTW
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
    Kagato said:
    Elanorwen said:
    Even then, it will only be followed up after it has been sent in, sent back, queried, lost, found, subjected to public enquiry, lost again, and finally buried in soft peat for three months and recycled as firelighters.  /hitchhikersguideFTW
    Reference is a lot less fun if you explain it, too. :P