QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• Shaddus said:
    Just what we needed....more cavefishers.
    Apparently the young ones have harder shells.

It's the cavefisher apocalypse.
    Retired.
  • You give a delicate cherry muffin with a dancing bear on top to General Altrea, of Flowing Scarlet.

You say, "Eat yummy muffins, not Kurut!"

Altrea ponders a delicate cherry muffin with a dancing bear on top thoughtfully, looking it up and down.

(CLAN): You say, "Altrea is trying to eat me. ._."

General Altrea, of Flowing Scarlet pushes the muffin onto one of the decorative wings on her helm, her face lighting up with delight.

General Altrea, of Flowing Scarlet sings, "There once was a hero named Muffinhead. She came from the shadows to fight off the bread. Her battles left crust and crumbs in her wake as she sought to rescue the marvelous cake."

Altrea ponders the situation.

You clap your hands together merrily.

You say, "Story time!"

General Altrea, of Flowing Scarlet says, "Muffinhead was born in the oven of a magnificent baker. However, his bread was so amazing, it grew sentient and took over the bakery. Muffinhead and her father were driven away to the mountains. Muffinhead's father knew of the secrets that bakery held, and could not allow them to fall into evil hands. So he sent his daughter Muffinhead on a mission. He baked her scaled armour of cookies and a majestic blade of brittle."

"Oooooooooh!" you say, eyes wide with wonder.

General Altrea, of Flowing Scarlet says, "And off she wandered, back to the village. She stuck the brittle into many loaves of bread and cut them open, revealing their fluffy, delicious insides. She fought wheat, sourdough, rye, all with the same zeal and skill that got her this far. But then she came across the true mastermind behind the plans of the evil bread. Evil baked into a solid loaf, with the spite and hatred of its ancestors in every single crumb. She met... the pumpernickel loaf."

General Altrea, of Flowing Scarlet says, "They fought for days, and even though she came out wounded and scarred, Muffinhead was victorious against the evil pumpernickel loaf. She returned to her father, the baker, and they returned. He revealed to her the secret she risked her life to protect... The princess cake was hiding in the bakery from insurgents sent to steal her kingdom. Muffinhead knew there was one more fight ahead of her."

You giggle happily.

General Altrea, of Flowing Scarlet says, "Taking her sword of brittle, she marched to the kingdom, only to be met by... baked-good-eating kitten nekotai!"

You say, "Oh no!"

General Altrea, of Flowing Scarlet says, "She fought them and fought, and soon slew them all. Interrogating the last one before killing him, Muffinhead learned the kittens were hired by the evil king who did not like his daughter. So Muffinhead marched right up to the king and took a bite out of him. He tasted like lemon. So she took another bite, and another, and another, until there was nothing left but a few globs of lemon and maybe a crumb."

General Altrea, of Flowing Scarlet says, "Then the princess cake and Muffinhead moved into the castle and got married and had a kid baked for them: the muffincake. But his story is for another time. The end."

You give up a round of applause.

General Altrea, of Flowing Scarlet pulls the muffin off of her helm.

Altrea eats a delicate cherry muffin with a dancing bear on top with obvious gusto.

Altrea gives the BEST STORYTIME EVER (edited out prompt spam and the like)
    I occasionally like to pretend that I'm replanting all of these herbs to attract bees, and might one day form an alliance with the bees and take over the Basin. Then we could have a wonderful tea party with plenty of honey and the best tea blends.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    You drop a semi-transparent brown egg.

Sensing a suitable source of warmth and nutrients nearby, spindly legs erupt from a semi-transparent brown egg and fling it violently toward a lop-eared horta. The face of the horta shows nothing but blind panic before being covered by the egg as the legs wrap obscenely around his skull. The horta struggles wildly, throwing his body vigorously from side to side as the egg begins pulsing against his face. You notice the horta's neck distend as something crawls deep into his body. Discarded and deflated, the egg falls away, and the horta is left confused and skittish.

The eyes of a lop-eared horta bug wide open, and he begins to emit a strained whine. You see his flesh rippling, at first subtly, then grotesquely as enormous bulges distend his abdomen. Suddenly, a hole is torn in his skin from within, and a horrifying mouth appears, consuming the flesh around it with rabid bites. As the larva bursts forth, it rounds back on the pitiful horta, whose eyes look in knowing pain at the larva as it devours first his face, then the remainder of his entrails.

All my <3 for this quest designer. That has now replaced the Slivvengnomes of Mucklemarsh as the most awesomely grotesque moment in this game for me.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited March 2014
    2014/03/23 04:25:04 - Tacita guildfavoured Kethaera for: Accepting the position of Assistant Conductor of the Carrion Requiem. At last, I have a minion.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Morkarion said:
    You drop a semi-transparent brown egg.

Sensing a suitable source of warmth and nutrients nearby, spindly legs erupt from a semi-transparent brown egg and fling it violently toward a lop-eared horta. The face of the horta shows nothing but blind panic before being covered by the egg as the legs wrap obscenely around his skull. The horta struggles wildly, throwing his body vigorously from side to side as the egg begins pulsing against his face. You notice the horta's neck distend as something crawls deep into his body. Discarded and deflated, the egg falls away, and the horta is left confused and skittish.

The eyes of a lop-eared horta bug wide open, and he begins to emit a strained whine. You see his flesh rippling, at first subtly, then grotesquely as enormous bulges distend his abdomen. Suddenly, a hole is torn in his skin from within, and a horrifying mouth appears, consuming the flesh around it with rabid bites. As the larva bursts forth, it rounds back on the pitiful horta, whose eyes look in knowing pain at the larva as it devours first his face, then the remainder of his entrails.

All my <3 for this quest designer. That has now replaced the Slivvengnomes of Mucklemarsh as the most awesomely grotesque moment in this game for me.
    Face-huggers... ick.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Irillia tells you, "(( Haha. Didn't suspect that I like 'em huge, slimy, and horribly mutated, did you? :D ))"

Context not needed, it pretty much explains itself.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Much cooler than hugging a foe to death  :(
    Enyalida said:
    Much cooler than hugging a foe to death  :(
    Noose is even cooler... it makes people's heads pop off.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    Morkarion said:
    Irillia tells you, "(( Haha. Didn't suspect that I like 'em huge, slimy, and horribly mutated, did you? :D ))"

Context not needed, it pretty much explains itself.
    It is clearly a discussion about bunnies. They;re cutest when they're slimy and horribly mutated.

• Haezon said:
    Maligorn said:
    Penitent Mileena (Female Master Viscanti).
    She is 25 years old, having been born on the 8th of Shanthin, 353 years after the Coming of Estarra.
    She is unranked in Lusternia.
    She is an extremely credible character.
    She is a Pedestrian in the Fellowship of Explorers.
    She is a graduate of the College of Necromantic & Tainted Research (honours).
    She is considered to be approximately 10% of your might.
    She is not currently active in any family
    There are so many nerdy names in Lusternia. Like Xena, and Cyndell.
    Not nerdy. Awesome!
    #highsociety
    -----

Nilofer says, "Xena is here, riding Xena, the Xenaesque Xena. She is wielding Xena in both of her hands."
  • edited March 2014
    ---------- v10750 -----------
        \               /   \
     [ ] [ ]         [<]     [ ]
    /   \ |                 /
    -[ ] [ ]-[ ]-[ ]      /
        \       /   \   /
         [ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]
    \   /         |     \       /
    -[ ]-[ ]-[ ] [+]     [ ]-[ ]
    /   \       \           \
          \       \          [ ]
            \       \         |
    -[ ]- - -[ ]- - -[ ]     [^]
                \       \
                 [ ]- - -[ ]-[ ]

---------- -3:2:0 -----------
    A snow covered den.
    There are 7 sabre-toothed cats here.
    You see a single exit leading north.
    [H:4180|M:3870|E:2400|End:99%][P:10][bk ex][60.17%]
    A sabre-toothed cat charges towards you and tears into you with his sabre-like teeth.
    A sabre-toothed cat swings his massive paw, claws extended, at your shoulder, digging in deeply.
    A sabre-toothed cat charges towards you and tears into you with his sabre-like teeth.
    A sabre-toothed cat swings his massive paw, claws extended, at your shoulder, digging in deeply.
    [H:1232|M:3870|E:2400|End:99%][P:10][bk ex][60.17%](sip health|read 198924|recharge 198924 from cube)(-2948h, 71.1%)

And here, we have the giant pile of Nope...
  • Rykinia said:
    ---------- v10750 -----------
        \               /   \
     [ ] [ ]         [<]     [ ]
    /   \ |                 /
    -[ ] [ ]-[ ]-[ ]      /
        \       /   \   /
         [ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]
    \   /         |     \       /
    -[ ]-[ ]-[ ] [+]     [ ]-[ ]
    /   \       \           \
          \       \          [ ]
            \       \         |
    -[ ]- - -[ ]- - -[ ]     [^]
                \       \
                 [ ]- - -[ ]-[ ]

---------- -3:2:0 -----------
    A snow covered den.
    There are 7 sabre-toothed cats here.
    You see a single exit leading north.
    [H:4180|M:3870|E:2400|End:99%][P:10][bk ex][60.17%]
    [H:1232|M:3870|E:2400|End:99%][P:10][bk ex][60.17%](sip health|read 198924|recharge 198924 from cube)(-2948h, 71.1%)

And here, we have the giant pile of Nope...
    Cat fight?  :))

• | Sex    : Female                   
    | Race   : Illithoid Dark Reaper    

'fraid not, not this time anyway!
  • Outside of the Tower, Doughboy grows and grows, until his head becomes level to the tower.

The gargantuan form of the Doughboy Monstrosity rises up from caramel hills. With a roar he begins slowly walking towards the Spun Sugar Castle.

Along his path, he begins grabbing peep soldiers by the handful and stuffing them in his mouth.

You say, "Damn it Athree."

Retired.
  • @iari commented on how she always thought of the Beatles when she thought of wrack and roll and then this!

Maekarn says, "Warlord Thoros' Lonely Heart. Eight 'Seeds A Week. Back In Old Celest. Cemetary Lane. Night Tripper."

Maekarn says, "A Necrotate's Garden?"

Maekarn says, "We all live in a Yellow Megalith?"

Maekarn says, "Pectus in the Sky With Diamonds. While The Cacophony Gently Weeps. A Day In The Unlife. All You Need Is Power. Lady (That One Pain Demon). Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kethuru. Wasteland Fields Forever. Gorecrow.

Maekarn says, "I am having fun with MagBeatles."

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    The Shadowed Prince, Seraku Mak'Reya, Vicar of the Whispered Words says, "...Is.. Is he a geomancer?"

The Shadowed Prince, Seraku Mak'Reya, Vicar of the Whispered Words says, "I've never seen a butt quake like that."

With his eyes still locked on Eritheyl, Aliod, Beloved of Veil and Victory says to Thatia, "You are too young to watch this, cover that up."
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • To be fair, I'm plastered and ADD when drunk. So. But it was very funny :D
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    edited March 2014
    You suddenly scoop up an iridescent white cat.
    An iridescent white cat leaps out of your hands!
    Elayde suddenly scoops up an iridescent white cat.
    An iridescent white cat leaps out of Elayde's hands!
    Daebach suddenly scoops up an iridescent white cat.
    An iridescent white cat leaps out of Daebach's hands!
    Lorina suddenly scoops up an iridescent white cat.
    An iridescent white cat leaps out of Lorina's hands!
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord

Neos said:

Your post is empty.

You also have weird-looking links in your signature.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Astral insanity time!
    Fain tells you, "Have you seen a key-shaped sigil?"
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Daraius said:
    Vivet hands over the reins of a striped grey nightmare to Bandrel, and she nuzzles up against him.

Fun with bad grammar.
    Hmm. Should probably be "which" instead of "and she" after the comma? Could typo it and see.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Are you sure it wasn't Vivet nuzzling up against Bandrel?

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited March 2014
    That's what the grammar of the sentence would have you believe! 

But yes, I should just typo it instead of being a jerkface. It just amuses me to picture Vivet nuzzling this big bear Bandrel. :x
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."