ur'Traps!!

Comments

• Morkarion said:
    You misunderstand, I've had 7 traps set up.

My record is 7 catches, 1 fail. After setting up trap 8 there is one bait left in (there should be 2).

If you have the trap setup now, there should only be one bait left (it uses one as soon as it sets up). If the monster steals the bait, the trap will automatically reset and use a bait.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I feel like Estarra is telling you that one time, you almost caught two...
  • I should clarify that the bait the monster steals is the one that's in the trap, i.e., not bait listed under "uses". Hope that makes sense and doesn't make things more confusing!
  • Dys said:
    Ouch. That's probably still just being unlucky. If a small creature has a 18% chance to escape the lowest power trap, four in a row would be about 1 in 1000. We don't know what the actual chance is yet. Could be 20% or even higher. I've had one capture and one escape.
    It's kind of strange, actually. All my misses (four small ones in a row, also, actually) were small creatures. 4/4 on the large ones, though. Feels like I'm trying to catch mice with a bear trap, sometimes.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • edited September 2013
    Edit: Nvm, there was another page of new posts I didn't notice. Ninja'd by Estarra
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Estarra said:

Morkarion said:
    You misunderstand, I've had 7 traps set up.

My record is 7 catches, 1 fail. After setting up trap 8 there is one bait left in (there should be 2).

If you have the trap setup now, there should only be one bait left (it uses one as soon as it sets up). If the monster steals the bait, the trap will automatically reset and use a bait.
    So a trap can fire (and miss) more than once before you have to set it up again? Good to know, thanks!

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Tandrin said:
    Make that five misses in a row.
    You are a statistical anomaly! Either that or something weird is in the air... you'd think it's Friday 13th or something...
    So... does small = small, large = medium, and huge = large?  Because I have not yet found a medium, but I am now holding a huge divine cookie.  It is not in the helpfile.  I am so tempted to eat it, but I must save it for the e-spouse and her quest for All The Esteem.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Huge is indeed large, your e-spouse and I already tested this.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Why do I get the feeling that these cookies are on a fast-food scale?  You can have your small, your large, or your super-size.  Sorry, we don't have any medium.
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    The most disturbing bit is putting the cookie IN the tongue. Surely that must have meant on.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Xenthos said:
    Tacita gingerly places a huge divine cookie in her tongue, which immediately dissolves in a puff of white powder, causing Tacita to groan in ecstasy.

I... um... I get the feeling I should not be watching this.  For multiple reasons.
    Isn't it every person's goal in life to make sure their significant other groans in ecstasy as often as possible?
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Xenthos said:

Tacita gingerly places a huge divine cookie in her tongue, which immediately dissolves in a puff of white powder, causing Tacita to groan in ecstasy.

I... um... I get the feeling I should not be watching this.  For multiple reasons.

Keep in mind @Morkarion "tested" it with her too.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Daraius said:

Keep in mind @Morkarion "tested" it with her too.

I may beat your wife, @Xenthos, but @Morkarion is making her moan.  Hate him now D:
  • There are three levels of monsters, though I don't think any of them specifically have the word "medium". You should be able to figure out which is which though!
    I've caught small, large, and huge, so...
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I'm now 5 for 7 escaped creatures, I'm an anomaly apparently too :(

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Im not fully sure upon the ratios yet, but I am getting alot more fails/escapes than catches so far.

Truth be told with the Ur'trap system setup as is with us having to wait (without added dingbat benefits) roughly 24 hours for a trap to finally attract something, it really is depressing to see, and I paraphrase: "Your trap failed again today, good luck tomorrow".

May I ask that the chance for fails to be reduced OR, as I had stated in a much earlier post, the system of catching creatures be modified from a standard "this many hours to catch something" to a more approximate system that works on "roughly <this> to <this> many lusternian days". The days being significantly reduced by contracts of course.
  • Question: What exactly does the level (5-8-10 power) of the ur'trap do?
    Ayisdra said:
    Question: What exactly does the level (5-8-10 power) of the ur'trap do?
    It seems to make escapes much less likely.

For example, with 1 fully upgraded trap:
    **********************[ ur'Trap Statistics for Xenthos ]***********************
    Creature                     Trap                          Escaped Captured
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A small forest wraith        A spectral vine noose (#104)        0        5
    A large forest wraith        A spectral vine noose (#104)        0        2
    A huge forest wraith         A spectral vine noose (#104)        0        1
    *******************************************************************************
    Escape Total: 0
    Captured Total: 8

• Still not sure that the trap percentages are right or fair.  My "anomaly" persists.  I think that balance calls for the chance to fail on a basic trap to be lowered.

**********************[ ur'Trap Statistics for Tandrin ]***********************
    A small mystic jackalope     A runed steel trap (#37)            6        1
    A small poltergeist          A mysterious box (#76)              1        0
    A huge forest wraith         A spectral vine noose (#102)        1        0
    A small forest wraith        A spectral vine noose (#102)        3        1
    A large mystic jackalope     A runed steel trap (#37)            1        0
    Escape Total: 12
    Captured Total: 2
  • Tandrin said:
    Still not sure that the trap percentages are right or fair.  My "anomaly" persists.  I think that balance calls for the chance to fail on a basic trap to be lowered.

**********************[ ur'Trap Statistics for Tandrin ]***********************
    A small mystic jackalope     A runed steel trap (#37)            6        1
    A small poltergeist          A mysterious box (#76)              1        0
    A huge forest wraith         A spectral vine noose (#102)        1        0
    A small forest wraith        A spectral vine noose (#102)        3        1
    A large mystic jackalope     A runed steel trap (#37)            1        0
    Escape Total: 12
    Captured Total: 2

**********************[ ur'Trap Statistics for Ayisdra ]***********************
    A small forest wraith        A spectral vine noose (#96)         3       13
    A huge forest wraith         A spectral vine noose (#96)         1        0
    A large forest wraith        A spectral vine noose (#96)         0        1
    Escape Total: 4
    Captured Total: 14

Minus one small and the large forest wraith which I got after upgrading trap and circle, I seemed to have did just fine with a basic trap  and circle (with contract fully upgraded)
  • I dont know about anyone else, but my traps have been failing almost consecutively now. Think it's been 5 misses in a row now. From the start till now, I've only gotten 2 cookies from my traps, all others misses.
  • I've had 4 small escapes and 5 captured, and 2 gigantic escapes and 1 capture. With no upgrades or golden bait. If it's close to a 50:50, 5 in a row isn't that uncommon.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Dys said:
    I've had 4 small escapes and 5 captured, and 2 gigantic escapes and 1 capture. With no upgrades or golden bait. If it's close to a 50:50, 5 in a row isn't that uncommon.
    It was said that it's close to 90% capture rate with lvl 1 trap.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    edited September 2013
    Escapes seem extraordinarily streaky. I had 10 captures in a row, then two escapes in a row.

Edit: Note that my trap is fully upgraded.
  • So... if we give it some time, we can expect naked traps running around our streets more often?

• I was playing around with Astrasia in the arena, and it seems that gluttony can make eat your cookies.  Doesn't seem like a bug exactly, but still kinda terrible that they could get wasted like that. Dunno if the admin wanna add an exception to gluttony for that, guess just warning people to keep their cookies tucked away nice and safe in a pack. :p