Absence Thread

Comments

• What's that you say? Blow up Gaudiguch?
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • edited July 2020
    Chubby cat has gone through surgery. Chubby cat has been coned. Chubby cat must be monitored because she is coned. Husband thinks once cone is on, can ignore cat. Can not ignore cat, cat needs attention. Very scary times for cat.

In short, next two weeks I'll be sparse because I'll be taking care of this chubby jackass who I love to the core of my soul.

Edit - If my discord is active, that's likely my husband. I will still have my phone (except when it's charging) so in game messages will reach me, since I obsessively check the IRE Helper App.
    Bookbinder by trade! Designer of most other things.

• Hell of a couple weeks. Been thinking over what to do after Ascension, and for various reasons - most of them not Lusternia related - I need a break. Planning to be absent until about the end of August. I can be reached on discord like usual.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • Mirae said:
    I'm... taking an absence here. I'll be around here and there, but its probably for a good long time. Ascension was fun but highly demoralizing. I realized that things that are broken in terms of combat on each side (which as been my main focus outside of RP) most likely will never be fixed or balanced out. Between the server lag issues and a few other things, I won't discuss here... I'm just done.

Best wishes my Lusternia family and others.
    I get that it's demoralizing, but keep in mind that Ascension doesn't mean that much to the vast majority of players. And combat has gotten a lot better, imo, and one way to improve it is to stay involved and keep pointing out problems. If you were having fun up until now, then just take a couple days off and let things cool down.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • Brawrur said:
     and the following rejection of people's frustration about it 
    What do you mean?
  • edited July 2020
    Kethaera said:
    Brawrur said:
    What do you mean?
    The insistence that Wyrdenwood is perfectly balanced, that Choros (who will remain Choros in my mind and many other's) basically exploited his way to victory and all the concern trolling and tone moderating from people who basically sat afk for 2 hours watching 6 people carry them to victory with one ability.

Edit: Or weren't involved in the event at all.

• Brawrur said:
    Kethaera said:
    Brawrur said:
    What do you mean?
    The insistence that Wyrdenwood is perfectly balanced, that Choros (who will remain Choros in my mind and many other's) basically exploited his way to victory and all the concern trolling and tone moderating from people who basically sat afk for 2 hours watching 6 people carry them to victory with one ability.

Bud... Go take a walk around the block.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • Brawrur said:
    Kethaera said:
    Brawrur said:
    What do you mean?

Do you mean me? Cuz I was there. This is the most disappointing day for me personally that I've ever had in Lusternia, but I don't want to feel that way in front of people that I know worked hard too. But I also don't want people like Mirae to give up when it's something that's still recent and painful.

Claiming wyrdenwood is balanced is just nonsense.
  • Brawrur said:
    Kethaera said:
    Brawrur said:
    What do you mean?
    The insistence that Wyrdenwood is perfectly balanced

Hi. Can you explain the differences between Wyrdenwood and Wildewood, and why you think the former is better than the latter?
    Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • edited July 2020
    Kethaera said:
    Do you mean me? Cuz I was there. This is the most disappointing day for me personally that I've ever had in Lusternia, but I don't want to feel that way in front of people that I know worked hard too. But I also don't want people like Mirae to give up when it's something that's still recent and painful.

Mix of discord and ingame, not you. Pretty clear for anyone to see how toxic some people playing this are, it's not a healthy environment to be in when you're feeling well.

Wyrdenwood are better than Wildewood. 

And me having to tell you this is why I know you didn't deserve to win Ascension.
  • Brawrur said:
    Kethaera said:

Mix of discord and ingame, not you. Pretty clear for anyone to see how toxic some people playing this are, it's not a healthy environment to be in when you're feeling well.

Wyrdenwood are better than Wildewood. 

And me having to tell you this is why I know you didn't deserve to win Ascension.
    the last time I heard you trying to make an argument like this, you sat around asking several clans what all the skills did, and you finally put forth a really incoherent, rambling complaint that essentially amounted to "they had more than us and were able to spam more bombs, so they're OP and we're not". 

So I'm going to nope out of this conversation before the thread is locked. I'm sorry you didn't have fun, and I'm sorry things didn't work out the way you thought it would. Both sides worked really hard, and Ixion deserved to ascend more than I did. At the end of the day, I got lucky, just like I got lucky in Justice. 

Not just that, but I got carried hard. I worked hard for this, but my team worked harder.  Some of my teammates, as were probably yours, were up in the middle of the night to do this, and while you saying I don't deserve this doesn't piss me off at all, I won't have you tearing apart their hard work like they don't deserve to have this win.
    Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Not so much real absence, just busy week ahead of me. Might see less of me till weekend.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Aonia said:
    I am now on holiday for a week or so, and so is the very-recently-returned Czixi.

I also want to note that though Czixi is back, you will see her significantly less than you used to in the past. My priority is the people in the Havens and my duties as Aonia - which means I am always going to put our amazing volunteers and their needs first.

It does not mean that Czixi is gone, or that I have no desire to weave Fates, Names, and second chances, or to reach for impossible dreams. Czixi has changed my life, and I will love her eternally, even when I don't have the time or ability to put her mistcloak on.
    Holiday, what is that?

Kidding! Have a great break from all of the things. :)

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• edited August 2020
    Visiting family this week. I'll be scarce until Saturday, and if I'm on, chances are I'll have too much lag to participate in much of anything.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    There's some space for me where I might be able to get some short-notice vacation in, in an area of my home country that is not hit by COVID as much. Till I figure everything out, I'll be likely be a little scarce, but might also see me more because more breathing room now. Just expect me to be not as easy to have available for a bit.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.